question about meteororb sorc

Re: question about meteororb sorc

After testing it with my fireballer against Mephisto, I take back whatever I said about it.

Tals + Bul's + Nagel + Magefists + Spirit + War Traveler utterly smashes Mephisto. Teleport, merc taunt, static, fireball, meteor. Dead Mephisto.

As a bonus, the purple armor looks absolutely gorgeous on a sorc.

Last edited:

Right after I got my Leaf runeword with a pretty good staff (+3 fireball :D), I found a chromatic ire unique staff, so I decided to use it rather than the runeword, coz its awesome. Still got the leaf in my storage tho, it gives more bonuses to fire spells but zero to orb or CM, and also, leaf doesnt have FCR bonus.

Is that unique staff good in later hell and stuff?

Cromatic Ire is a really great poor man's staff. What's the resistance roll on yours? I've got a +37 one you can have for free if you want.

Baal till around 35 or so to have a nice start on NM, and find gear with a few skills, some good defence and enough res to have above 0 res in NM. As for merc, wait till Act 2 NM, and get a defensive (Holy Freeze) Merc, very useful :p

Well I only got 24% res :/ not using any trading applications or anything tho (only gomule), thanks anyway :D

I'm progressing really fast still, lvl 50 atm, done a few andy runs, merched whole cathans set coz I got lot better rares and uniques mostly from andy =)

edit: 1 more question, I was thinkin about socketing that staff, what would be good for it?

Well I only got 24% res :/ not using any trading applications or anything tho (only gomule), thanks anyway :D

I can mail it to you as a .d2x stash or .d2s character which you can open with GoMule. Of course, if you want to be self-found, I can understand that.

Let's keep the item-exchanges (and their discussion) to the trade forum, shall we.

For the socket, a cheap solution is a Tir rune for the +mana per kill. Another idea, one I'd probably pick first, is a jewel with resistances. If you're going shieldless, you'll want more resists eventually.

Jewels can get up to 3 mana per kill, Tir only gives 2 which hardly helps. I'd probably go with a jewel as well, life, resistances, mana, FHR, whatever you can find or need.

Im lvl 81, act 4 Hell already, just got a Pul rune from hellforge. Thinking about making Enlightment runeword, is it any good? +2 to all skills is tempting. Currently using Ormus' Robes btw (+3 warmth is meh :/), and I got a total of +8 skills from other equip (SoJ dropped from hell andy after like 50 runs).

First I wanna finish Hell as I've got pretty good equip now from Hell andy, then farm andy + meph to hell in order to create a new barb with some uber equip ^^!

I didnt want to open a new thread, only got a small question: should I use Shaftstop or Duriels Shell on my merc? Shatfstop 30% dmg reduction is kinda insane even tho the other stats are mediocre. Duriels shell "cannot be frozen" part is what makes me think about using it over the shaftstop.

Both are pretty regular choices for mercs. The choice pretty much depends on the helm you're using.

Why don't you just test it for an hour each and decide for yourself?

On melee mercs, I tend to favour Cannot Be Frozen over just about anything else. I think it´s slightly less important if the merc does not need to do much killing himself, and/or I have Teleport.

I like the damage reduction of my shaftstop and my vampire gaze. But my merc is just a walking Insight stick, anyway. My sorc does all the killing.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High