problems running D1

Alram

Jun 24, 2003
problems running D1

I just got D1 and started playing it for the 1st time. Before I enter the dungeon the graphics are fine, but in the dungeon I can barely make out an item on the floor or monsters in a room or doors. Ifiddled with the gamma and brightness settings and tried both 16 bit and 256 color settings, but nothing helps. Do I have to live with it or is there some fix for the problem? Any general non spoiler tips to gameplay are also appreciated. I am most eager to play.
Would 1 of the patches help? Which 1?

In Diablo I there's no easy way to see the small items on the floor, you just have to listen to the sounds of the items dropping and scroll through the floor to find that item, especially "dings" meaning rings and amulets can sometimes be a pain the rear end to find.

If you have the Hellfire addon, you can make the items border's "glow" for ease of visibility. Also IIRC there's a zoom function in the Z button which eases the finding of items.

Good luck :)

Yeah, Borlag is right--finding items lying on the floor in D1 was a right royal pain in the nethers, so there's nothing wrong with your game, just your eyesight (or at least, there WILL be something wrong with it by the time you've tried to locate the 47th ring!).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High