Poor Man's Guide to a Freezing Arrow/Strafezon

Re: Poor Man's Guide to a Freezing Arrow/Strafezon

Hey, they're all old around here. Thanks for contributing. Be nice it you could edit your post to make it a bit more legible.

Re: Poor Man's Guide to a Freezing Arrow/Strafezon

Hey, they're all old around here. Thanks for contributing. Be nice it you could edit your post to make it a bit more legible.

I didn't look at it after I posted it. If I remember correctly it was a ramble after an NBA double header at the bar.

First round is on me! :guiness: :wine:

D!

For all you poor people playing more or less untwinked trying to go to Hell in HC SP no-trade:

Blood Helm (Deadly Strike, LL) = Magic Helm/Casque/Armet + Ral + PRuby + Any Jewel
Hit Power Gloves (Knockback) = Chain Gloves/Heavy Bracers/Vambraces + Ort + PSapphire + Jewel
Blood Gloves (Crushing Blow/LL) = Heavy/Sharkskin Gloves + Nef + PRuby + Jewel
Blood Belt (Open Wounds/LL) = Magic Belt/Mesh Belt/Mithril Coil + Tal + PRuby + Any Jewel
Blood Boots (Replenish/LL) = Magic Light Plated Boots/Battle Boots/Mirrored + Eth + PRuby + Any Jewel
Caster Boots (Max Mana/Mana Regen) = Magic Boots/Demonhide Boots/Wyrmhide + Thul + PAmethyst + Any Jewel
Sigons = Gloves / Belt? / Boots
And Valkyrie at level 8 gets a Rare Lance that kind of makes a bit of a difference (hard to tell, honestly).
For PI's in early Hell a point or two in Guided Arrow can help, but maybe that's because I under-invested in Freezing Arrow. GA can also help with Hell Andariel.
Imbuing Coronets/Tiaras can help as well, or Circlets if you're really strapped in NM difficulty.

More at http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafteditems.shtml

Guided Arrow still does physical damage. How will it help against PI's?

I appreciate that this thread is a bit old but this is the guide I'm following as I've always wanted an icy Amazon and I'm loving it. Only lvl 23 at the moment though. :)

I appreciate that this thread is a bit old but this is the guide I'm following as I've always wanted an icy Amazon and I'm loving it. Only lvl 23 at the moment though. :)
keep us posted on your progress!

keep us posted on your progress!

I'm still new here.. is there a specific character story thread?

I've managed to salvage some sets (Vidalias) and a few bits and pieces via the mule software which helps. It's not a super twink but it does help :D

Glad you're here and following my favorite build guide. There is no story thread. Not that I made anyway. Plus my Bnet characters are all gone now due to the aggressive deletion of accounts by Blizzard. You can always check the single player forum for Mat threads of characters that are FA/Strafe. You might find story threads in there. Plus maybe some other build ideas.

I'm still new here.. is there a specific character story thread?

I've managed to salvage some sets (Vidalias) and a few bits and pieces via the mule software which helps. It's not a super twink but it does help :D
Feel free to start your own thread right here in the Amazon forum. Every now and then someone may visit to read and offer you some pointers on your build/equipment and strategies for finishing the game.

Glad you're here and following my favorite build guide. There is no story thread. Not that I made anyway. Plus my Bnet characters are all gone now due to the aggressive deletion of accounts by Blizzard. You can always check the single player forum for Mat threads of characters that are FA/Strafe. You might find story threads in there. Plus maybe some other build ideas.

What's a Mat thread? (Materials trading thread?) I'm trying to get familiar but there's a *lot* of lingo!
By story thread I probably should have been more specific: a log or blog or journal or a record of a playthrough with a character.
Also that sucks about the Blizzard acc. deletion :-(

Feel free to start your own thread right here in the Amazon forum. Every now and then someone may visit to read and offer you some pointers on your build/equipment and strategies for finishing the game.

OK, right now I have a Necromancer [fishymancer](on Nightmare), Paladin [hammers], Assassin [aggresssin] and of course an Amazon. I like the Amazon as she seems more tactical and interactive in terms of playstyle without being overly complicated. (I find a barbarian or druid more complicated than a sorceress or paladin for example!)

A Mat thread is actually a Mat or Pat thread. Is is when you beat the game the character becomes a Matriarch or Patriarch, depending on character gender. In the SP forum here we celebrate any character beating the game on Hell difficulty. We post a thread in our SP forum with your character title and a short story about how you got there. Here is one example: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/matriarch-selene_i-frozen-orb-fire-ball-sorceress.963168/

There are also many story threads in that forum. Here is one recent example: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/queen-of-the-sorceresses-a-1-05-adventure.966469/

That forum is the busiest sub on these forums and there is a robust single player community there. After Blizzard deleted my accounts I started playing SP again.

Here is a story thread you might want to read in this forum: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/how-far-can-superdave-go.480035/

Even if you start posting over there please don't forget about us over here. Keep us up on what's happening with your new character.

Even if you start posting over there please don't forget about us over here. Keep us up on what's happening with your new character.

These are screencaps of the dead bosses as I blitzed through Normal. I've never played through Nightmare before (I got bored after running through the game once lol) so now that I've done it on normal, I'm going to try and crack Nightmare.

So now Sariel is working through Nightmare. I was still using my Vadalias bow/set and struggling to do damage outside of freezing arrow. I'm almost certainly overleveled (40s) but am only just in Act 2 having killed the blue Andariel. I got a decent bow out of killing her which increases my DPS output significiantly. I decided to utilise my Sigiolons set to at least have some better armor all round.

In some ways never having played on Nightmare/Hell it's good because I don't have any level appropriate twinking gear so from now on it will be all legwork by my current characters.

Nice work. Remember to tweak your resists as you gain drops. The good thing about ranged is that you should be getting hit less but the bad thing about strafe is the lock when strafing, meaning you will get hit. So keep on your toes. Use the Valk and Decoy to take some of those hits.

Have you gotten to the point where mana isn't so much a pain in the butt any longer? Or are you still chugging mana potions?

Nice work. Remember to tweak your resists as you gain drops. The good thing about ranged is that you should be getting hit less but the bad thing about strafe is the lock when strafing, meaning you will get hit. So keep on your toes. Use the Valk and Decoy to take some of those hits.

Have you gotten to the point where mana isn't so much a pain in the butt any longer? Or are you still chugging mana potions?

Will do.. I'm still chugging mana pots. I'm running my belt half health / half mana.

Here's Sariel's brief journey through Nightmare. I'm finding Act V in Nightmare to be interestingly different! The Maxed Freezing Arrow is making things somewhat trivial though.I only get killed if I mess up and get surrounded - I honestly died more in Normal mode!
I'm starting to get a little bored to be honest!

I'm not sure what class to run through the game with that requires more concentration but it's over-complicated with lots of micro-skills required.

Just wait for Hell mode. The cold immunes will be a little more of a challenge. Then when you face cold plus physical immunes it will be even more fun.

Look for some mana leech mods on items. that will help with mana. Mavinnas belt is nice if you can find or trade for it. http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/sets/sets6.shtml

If you want a micro-managed build try a Concentrate Barb. You have to hit every single monster.

Baal was relatively easier (easier than the swarm of Death Lord minotaurs!)
O82fgbp.jpg

But holy heck, Hell mode is rough!!!
dSgcEkQ.jpg

Thank you for the guide. Back to D2 again from time to time. Just finish normal mode yesterday. Suffer in NM right now due to low AR and next to nothing drop so far.

I play Strafezon before, but never have interest in Freezing Arrow. Play it again, even 1 point until 20 Strafe is really big life saver... as long as they can be frozen. Only die once from Venom gang in Chaos Sanctuary's seal (still 29 at that time) Wonder how thing will be once I hit Hell this time.

The most painful fight is the Baal himself as he seriously love to cast copies and always walk up to burst my mana.

About Val. I think split some point for Decoy is better. From my experience, 90% of enemy attention will suddenly switch to Decoy once cast and able to spam it all day long is great. For low dmg poor girl 'zon like me, at least.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High