Plague Bearer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jary

Dec 14, 2005
Plague Bearer

Is this the best Rabies weap, since I've been making a Rabies druid (now lvl 47) and I'll need something till I can afford a stormlash later on in the game for the build I'm making...

Also, are they fairly cheap to afford? I have an mf Orb Sorc that's now lvl 67 that I'ma try to item find with in nm--so far only ~220 mf : /

I'm finally starting to play after about over a year of being out (my accounts gone :[ ) from college, so just cutting pennies at the moment. That's sorta why I've been in the forum so much, I wanna get a feel of some of the new builds and what's out there while I'd been gone for so long :[

Also, is patch 1.12 actually coming out? 'cause starting over again is tough especially if its just gonna reset again... : /

If you're looking for maximum damage, then infecting with Plague Bearer is probably the most effective. It is a very slow weapon, however, and that can make it frustrating.

It's very cheap pretty much on all realms; shouldn't be hard to get for pgems.

Jary said:
Is this the best Rabies weap, since I've been making a Rabies druid (now lvl 47) and I'll need something till I can afford a stormlash later on in the game for the build I'm making...

Also, are they fairly cheap to afford? I have an mf Orb Sorc that's now lvl 67 that I'ma try to item find with in nm--so far only ~220 mf : /

I'm finally starting to play after about over a year of being out (my accounts gone :[ ) from college, so just cutting pennies at the moment. That's sorta why I've been in the forum so much, I wanna get a feel of some of the new builds and what's out there while I'd been gone for so long :[

Also, is patch 1.12 actually coming out? 'cause starting over again is tough especially if its just gonna reset again... : /
plaquebearer is the weapon that makes the highest rabies damage possible BUT it isn't the best weapon for a rabies druid. The best is a wite phase blade with shael runes in it. Infect with that weapon and switch to deaths web/<insert poison amplifie weapon> and sxwitch back again. For more info foe example why i suggest you take a look at my guide under rabies trick (guides stickied above):badteeth:

stoutewolf said:
plaquebearer is the weapon that makes the highest rabies damage possible BUT it isn't the best weapon for a rabies druid. The best is a wite phase blade with shael runes in it. Infect with that weapon and switch to deaths web/<insert poison amplifie weapon> and sxwitch back again. For more info foe example why i suggest you take a look at my guide under rabies trick (guides stickied above):badteeth:

If it's pvm and pure rabies, use plaquebearer because speed doesn't really matter. Besides, you only need to infect once. After that just run and let the poison do the job.

If you're rabies/fury, you don't need either weapon. Use a tombreaver instead. It's fast and deals high physical damage.

stoutewolf said:

I had read your guide before... it was well written. Basically I remember u stated u could infect with Rabies then switch to secondary 6soc sword/4soc shield with Poison Facets (or something to that extent--death's web? don't remember what that does...:scratch: ) and switch back... then the Rabies would carry over with the poison Enhancement/Reductions in effect, hehe... that's a pretty sweet glitch if you ask me. However, so I guess it really doesn't matter as much what my PRIMARY damage is since I can enhance it on the switch, is it something like that... maybe just go shaeled PB for now? kk, well... I can try that, I'm poor as hell though at the moment...

...and yeah, I'm making just rabies at the moment till I figure out what I wanna do with my xtra points... I was thinking of doing something different :scratch: ... not that I don't believe that build kicks ***, which it prolly does, but just to be different I guess : /

swiftrunner said:
If it's pvm and pure rabies, use plaquebearer because speed doesn't really matter. Besides, you only need to infect once. After that just run and let the poison do the job.

If you're rabies/fury, you don't need either weapon. Use a tombreaver instead. It's fast and deals high physical damage.
Rabies is an horrible skill for pvm:grin:

don't remember what that does...

Death's Web
Unearthed Wand

One-Hand Damage: 22 To 28 (25 Avg)
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 25
Durability: 18
Base Weapon Speed: [0]

+50% Damage To Undead
-40-50% To Enemy Poison Resistance (varies)
+7-12 To Mana After Each Kill (varies)
+7-12 Life After Each Kill (varies)
+2 To All Skills
+1-2 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only) (varies)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

stoutewolf said:
Rabies is an horrible skill for pvm:grin:

Err 60k rabies kills anything not poison immune in 1 bite, when it spreads en mass you can kill whole screens of monsters with a single bite. Hardly horrible Stoute.

Valvolux said:
Err 60k rabies kills anything not poison immune in 1 bite, when it spreads en mass you can kill whole screens of monsters with a single bite. Hardly horrible Stoute.
Stoute wouldn't know since his rabies damage is crap, liek his build.

For those who don't know Plague Bearer

Plague Bearer
Rune Sword
One-Hand Damage: 35 To 150 (92.5 Avg)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 103
Required Dexterity: 79
Durability: 44
Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
150% Enhanced Damage
Adds 10-45 Damage
+300 Poison Damage Over 8 Seconds
5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Poison Nova On Striking
Poison Resist +45%
+5 To Rabies (Druid Only)

I have a question though: Wouldn't it only add three to Rabies due to the skills on weapons thing? Or does that not apply to class specific skills?

Stoute has a horrible build? You're a F#*%ing idiot dude, now that I've used Rabies and Fury in separate builds I realize he has a great build, you're the moron.

Rabies ISN'T as effective in PvM, I agree... it isn't "horrible" but it's sorta slow sometimes since so many monsters in nm/hell have like great poison resists/immunities... and the duration is horrible :[ ...like, doing 40k poison is waiting like 40 seconds! AHHHHHHHHHHHh (I know there's SOME rabies druids that do like 60-100k... and they prolly kick ***, I'm just sayin' in general : /) ----I realize this but I'm making it with lots of crushing blow/wind damage because its fun (Gores/Stormlash/Jalal-Guilliames), not because its anything amazing ^^

Thnx for showing me Deaths Web :thumbsup:
Is it sorta pricy though?

trooper said:
Stoute wouldn't know since his rabies damage is crap, liek his build.
plz get banned more in dtrades:laughing: . You get banned here aswel if you go on like this. My build is nice imo and alot of people agree with me.

ones again i suggest you behave normally. This way nobody is going to like you :thumbsup: .

that's it for the social lessons today class

Valvolux said:
you are able to reach 60k rabies with the switch thingie but in pvm i prefer cta over that anyway as switch. 60k rabies doesnt kill much in hell believe me, the monsters have great resistance there.even if they die cause of rabies, it takes about 30 seconds. I fury them to death way faster.

in a 1 player game however rabies can work, in a 4-8 player game it doesnt work that well though

stoutewolf said:
plz get banned more in dtrades:laughing: . You get banned here aswel if you go on like this. My build is nice imo and alot of people agree with me.

ones again i suggest you behave normally. This way nobody is going to like you :thumbsup: .

Call me a scammer again you lieing scum.
You're build is and always will be crap, all you're concerned with is ias with rabies, well ias and making sure it does crap damage. and your 9k ar fury is a joke too. The only people you kill are those who don't know how to play.

trooper said:
Call me a scammer again you lieing scum.
You're build is and always will be crap, all you're concerned with is ias with rabies, well ias and making sure it does crap damage. and your 9k ar fury is a joke too. The only people you kill are those who don't know how to play.
your on the right way for a ban:wink3:
plz try to get friends instead of flaming :shocked:

ah well, reported you

stoutewolf said:
you are able to reach 60k rabies with the switch thingie but in pvm i prefer cta over that anyway as switch. 60k rabies doesnt kill much in hell believe me, the monsters have great resistance there.even if they die cause of rabies, it takes about 30 seconds. I fury them to death way faster.

in a 1 player game however rabies can work, in a 4-8 player game it doesnt work that well though

Stoute, you should know that there are people who have diferrent preferrences, diferrent playing styles and want more varied builds to play. If one has the means, he or she can build a rabies druid that does 80k poison damage. That's a lot of damage in pvm. It works amazingly well in single player and in bigger games, it can always get help from the nec's lower resist. Yes, it takes a while to kill monsters with rabies. So what? If that's how people want to play the game, then just let them. Be supportive. Lately, you have the tendency to discourage people from playing certain builds and only promote your build.

For years, I've heard frequenters of the druid forums boasting that they are the friendliest people of all the forums on diinet. Obviously, times have changed. Personally I think the assassin forums is now a lot friendlier.

I may be a new forum member, but I've been lurking around for many years. I've seen how some of the then humble people here have evolved into these stuck up, pompous characters. I'm not only talking about the druid forum, actually. I don't understand it. Perhaps now they think they know everything?

EDIT: Btw, I agree that trooper should be at least temp banned.

I don't care if I'm banned, it's just some random forum.
If stoutewolf wants to call me a scammer because I've up until now POLITELY disagreed with his build, he can get called a *****.

swiftrunner said:
Stoute, you should know that there are people who have diferrent preferrences, diferrent playing styles and want more varied builds to play. If one has the means, he or she can build a rabies druid that does 80k poison damage. That's a lot of damage in pvm. It works amazingly well in single player and in bigger games, it can always get help from the nec's lower resist. Yes, it takes a while to kill monsters with rabies. So what? If that's how people want to play the game, then just let them. Be supportive. Lately, you have the tendency to discourage people from playing certain builds and only promote your build.

For years, I've heard frequenters of the druid forums boasting that they are the friendliest people of all the forums on diinet. Obviously, times have changed. Personally I think the assassin forums is now a lot friendlier.

I may be a new forum member, but I've been lurking around for many years. I've seen how some of the then humble people here have evolved into these stuck up, pompous characters. I'm not only talking about the druid forum, actually. I don't understand it. Perhaps now they think they know everything?

EDIT: Btw, I agree that trooper should be at least temp banned.
i know it is a different style of playing swift, i just tell them what get monsters down the fastest.

Maybe i do promote my build to much, i will try to change

as for the friendliest forum, maybe you are right here, times have changed. Certain people stopped posting here, others got banned and alot of veterans have stopped posting here aswel. And there is ofcourse the ammount of forum trolls in this part of the forums, it increased alot in the last couple of years and there is nothing we can do about it because we have no moderator here while the assa forum dpoes have one.

hope it gets better,

stoutewolf:wave:

@trooper: leave these forums if you are jsut here to flame, it may be a random forum to you but this forum is more like an home for me.

stoutewolf said:

lol no one likes him, he is nothing but a Mr. Know it all, and also very arrogant and a fanatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High