Pertaining one of the guides.

kuafu said:
A lot. Average torch + average anni save you 30 stat points, and give you +30 resist all and +4 skills. Definitely get both if you can.

I have both, now, on west realm. hence why I asked. friend of mine let me play on his near level 90 druid and it had both and his parents are strict about him having so much time online so he said if I wanted to use them for my sorc when done I could

A druid torch is not going to help a sorc as much as a sorc one, but it is still a lot of help. Get a sorc one if you can, though.

AnimeCraze said:
A druid torch is not going to help a sorc as much as a sorc one, but it is still a lot of help. Get a sorc one if you can, though.

No, no.

I should have been more specific. I said he had both, Druid & Sorceress. Sorry. I realize both could have meant both torch and anni

He has 2 high characters, with both of those. I just happened to be on his Druid name and saw the 2 on there and I didn't bother jumping on his Sorceress name but he said he has 2 (for Sorc) as well and since he knew I was making a Blizzard Sorc, If I wanted them when I got high level, I could

Just wondering what all it's gonna do for my Sorc after all the above we talked about here in the thread with the direction I'm going.

kuafu said:
What's your merc gear? I'd like to know how you handle IM-casting oblivion knights in the throne, which has unbreakable cold immunity.

At the moment I believe it is rather cheap: Eth Insight CV, Eth Dury's, Eth Andy's. Dury's is good for the CBF if the merc is struggling against round II skeles.

If he dies, I just resurrect him. He does more than enough damage to handle any CI, even big 'ole Lister.

There is really no strategy for OKs in Throne. Clear out what you can, watch for IM, then tele onto the OKs - and static 'em, sometimes it stuns 'em for a sec or two.

Speaking of which that's another question.

If you gear up your Merc, say I put insight on him and all that other stuff, What happens if he dies? What happens to all the gear you put on him?

SupremeGoddess said:
What happens if he dies? What happens to all the gear you put on him?
You can just resurrect him by paying a fee of gold. Your merc's gear will remain on him when he regains his life.

And when you resurrect your merc, you may notice a bug that the aura from his Insight is not activated. It's a known bug, you just need to un-equip and re-equip the item that gives the aura.

SupremeGoddess said:
Just wondering what all it's gonna do for my Sorc after all the above we talked about here in the thread with the direction I'm going.
Well, it's +4 skills, ~+30 all stats, ~+30 all resist. This means, 120~180 more life (from +vit and points saved from +str/dex), better survivability from resist, and faster killing from +skills.

Well.

Update : I'm now Level 20 using Catch's Blizzard Guide and coming in the next few few levels is where you start distributing the skill points into Blizzard. So far, The character is pretty weak since you obviously only having 1 skill point in like Ice Bolt and other stuff like Warmth, Frozen Armor, Frost Nova, Ice Blast, Static Field, Telekenisis, Teleport, Glacial Spike.. but yeah, It's kinda boring so far being not so effective

I got my str. up to 62 early on and in the previous levels I been putting it into vitality since I'm going for a pure vit blizzard sorc

If I have torch / anni .. Why did I even bother putting my str. up to 62 :undecided:

SupremeGoddess said:
Well.

Update : I'm now Level 20 using Catch's Blizzard Guide and coming in the next few few levels is where you start distributing the skill points into Blizzard. So far, The character is pretty weak since you obviously only having 1 skill point in like Ice Bolt and other stuff like Warmth, Frozen Armor, Frost Nova, Ice Blast, Static Field, Telekenisis, Teleport, Glacial Spike.. but yeah, It's kinda boring so far being not so effective

I got my str. up to 62 early on and in the previous levels I been putting it into vitality since I'm going for a pure vit blizzard sorc

If I have torch / anni .. Why did I even bother putting my str. up to 62 :undecided:

Things pick up a lot when you hit 24 and get Blizzard. Things suddenly start dying all over the place. Level 23, is an incredible struggle. Level 24, nothing can stop you, it seems.

Depending on the stats on your torch/anni, and gear you're going to wear, that may be enough, it may not. Depends on a lot of different things. Ultimately, however, since I believe a sorc gets 2 life per stat point, you haven't missed out on a huge amount of life by doing this. Stick with it, and see if you like hte character once she gets blizzard.

quietus said:
Things pick up a lot when you hit 24 and get Blizzard. Things suddenly start dying all over the place. Level 23, is an incredible struggle. Level 24, nothing can stop you, it seems.

Depending on the stats on your torch/anni, and gear you're going to wear, that may be enough, it may not. Depends on a lot of different things. Ultimately, however, since I believe a sorc gets 2 life per stat point, you haven't missed out on a huge amount of life by doing this. Stick with it, and see if you like hte character once she gets blizzard.

Thanks for replying dear :)

Yes, I just made Level 25 and just seconds ago put my second skill point into Blizzard and heading for Baal runs now. I do notice that when I cast 3-4 Blizzards, I run through a mana pot. I hope that problem will have a remedy later on

SupremeGoddess said:
I hope that problem will have a remedy later on
If you're on Ladder, make yourself an Insight polearm and stick it on your merc. Any polearm will do for now. Mana problem is instantly solved.

For the points in str, if you are using spirit, you probably need the points anyways. Anyways, lvl 27 is always heaven for my casters. That's when I can first stick my eth insight voulge on my merc.

Evrae Altana said:
If you're on Ladder, make yourself an Insight polearm and stick it on your merc. Any polearm will do for now. Mana problem is instantly solved.

Non-Ladder.

Plus, I was gonna update here in this thread before I went to bed last night. I made it to Level 35 and my Blizzard now has 13 skill points in it, but thing is, even doing those normal Baal runs, It seems it's not all that effective. I mean, I looked at my character and it says near 400 dmg.. Is it because I'm wearing garbage items right now that I'm not seeing the full effect of what my Blizzard can do because I've already put 13 skill points in there and a few already in Cold Mastery

SupremeGoddess said:
Non-Ladder.

Plus, I was gonna update here in this thread before I went to bed last night. I made it to Level 35 and my Blizzard now has 13 skill points in it, but thing is, even doing those normal Baal runs, It seems it's not all that effective. I mean, I looked at my character and it says near 400 dmg.. Is it because I'm wearing garbage items right now that I'm not seeing the full effect of what my Blizzard can do because I've already put 13 skill points in there and a few already in Cold Mastery

Poor equipment will hurt your skills, of course, but 400 damage is actually pretty good, when you consider the fact that you're also cutting away your opponent's resists. For example :

if you had a 1,000 damage fireball and your opponent has 75% resist, you do 250 damage.
If you have a 400 damage blizzard and 50% reduction to their resists from cold mastery, and they have 75% resist, then you cut that to 25% resist and do 300 damage.

It'd also take another ten levels or so above where you're at now to hit a 1k fireball with poor gear. So overall, you're doing fine. If it's not as effective as you had thought it would be, then you just need to practice a bit. Blizzard can be tricky to use.

Out of curiosity - what realm are you on, and which gear do you use? I have a mule full of leveling gear, and I can poke around on it, see if I have an extra razorswitch that I can give you. Cheap item, wouldn't cost more than pgems usually, so I have no problems giving it to you for free if you're on East - but it's a very nice staff, comes with 1 skill, 50 resist all, 30 fast cast, 85 life and 175 mana, or something close to that.

I'm playing on West nowadays since East pretty much went down last week and it's been down so now I'm a West player even though I live in New York

I was just wondering even though I'm around 15 Blizzard and Cold Mastery not too far behind, when I have a good amount of this done from maxing Blizzard, Cold Mastery, Glacial Spike, Ice Blast, Ice bolt and I have my gear on (high level) being the below, Will I see quite the difference? :)

End game stuff :
--------------

Ammy - Tal Rasha
Belt - Arachnid Mesh
Armor - Enigma (+775 defense)
Boots - War Travelers (mana helper)
Gloves - Frostburns (mana helper)
Helm - Harlequin Crest (130 defense)
Rings - 2 SOJ's
Shield - Spirit
Weapon - Heart of the Oak Flail

Torch
Anni

Then yes, Merc w/ Insight Cryptic Axe

I also just checked my character and since I'm going for a pure vit, right now I'm Level 37, I have 138 stat points in Vit currently which gives me 411 life and as for my current resistances

Fire - 29
Cold - 11
Lightning - 0
Poison - 6

SupremeGoddess said:
I'm playing on West nowadays since East pretty much went down last week and it's been down so now I'm a West player even though I live in New York

I was just wondering even though I'm around 15 Blizzard and Cold Mastery not too far behind, when I have a good amount of this done from maxing Blizzard, Cold Mastery, Glacial Spike, Ice Blast, Ice bolt and I have my gear on (high level) being the below, Will I see quite the difference? :)

End game stuff :
--------------

Ammy - Tal Rasha
Belt - Arachnid Mesh
Armor - Enigma (+775 defense)
Boots - War Travelers (mana helper)
Gloves - Frostburns (mana helper)
Helm - Harlequin Crest (130 defense)
Rings - 2 SOJ's
Shield - Spirit
Weapon - Heart of the Oak Flail

Torch
Anni

Then yes, Merc w/ Insight Cryptic Axe

I also just checked my character and since I'm going for a pure vit, right now I'm Level 37, I have 138 stat points in Vit currently which gives me 411 life and as for my current resistances

Fire - 29
Cold - 11
Lightning - 0
Poison - 6

At level 38 skills (assuming nothing else other than what listed) and synergies maxed you will see a significant difference. It would be approaching 6.8K on the LCS.

emar said:
At level 38 skills (assuming nothing else other than what listed) and synergies maxed you will see a significant difference. It would be approaching 6.8K on the LCS.

Heya Emar :)

I'm still doing Normal Baal runs. Level 43. Going to 50 before I head into Nightmare and do Baal runs to 70

477 life.

I just finished maxing Blizzard and 5 more I'll have Cold Mastery completed. I think it's the non-quality gear that is bogging me down. I can't wait for the end result when I'm finally equipped

Make sure you make liberal use of Static Field also. It cuts down the first half of a mob's hitpoints faster than you can say, "Omgwtfbbq!"

PhatTrumpet said:
Make sure you make liberal use of Static Field also. It cuts down the first half of a mob's hitpoints faster than you can say, "Omgwtfbbq!"

Even with only 1 skill point?

(Don't mind me for asking these questions, I'm learning)

:wave:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High