Peace Armor on a Rogue

Jan 1, 2011
My Necro just finished normal and is using and Act 1 Rogue. I made her a nice Insight Bow using a +3 Ashwood bow when she reached level 29. I decided why not try the Amazon armor Peace. I was especially curious to see if the Valkyrie was helpful. I know the probability is 2%, but I was surprised that not once during all of Act 3, 4 and 5 did it proc.

This leads me to wonder if it was my usual bad lucj or if the Rogue AI even checks armor for the ability to cast anything on striking.

I think they patched it to stop mercs from casting it because it caused the game to crash.

You can test Venom from Treachery, I think it can be activated by the merc.

Not sure how accurate the info since it's fandom.
If link is not allowed, please remove it @maxicek

EDIT: A more reliable source and a good read :

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkMaster
"Fixed a bug"

thor-is-it-though.gif

It is not bad luck, mercenaries can not trigger the valkyrie summoning. If it is a bug or intentional is more than I know - a welcome bugfix would have been to prevent the valkyrie from disappearing when you don't have a skill point in it...

Can town guards revive enemies with Tomb Reaver? I have never found it with a character using a town guard so I haven't had the chance to test that. But it should work on the same principles as Peace, one could argue.

a welcome bugfix would have been to prevent the valkyrie from disappearing when you don't have a skill point in it...
Assuming you're playing D2R they fixed that in 2.5 actually.

• Fixed an issue where pets summoned by "chance to cast" skills on items would disappear after performing an inventory update.

Can town guards revive enemies with Tomb Reaver? I have never found it with a character using a town guard so I haven't had the chance to test that. But it should work on the same principles as Peace, one could argue.
A2 mercs can reanimate (not revive) with Tomb Reaver yes, but the difference here is that reanimated aren't considered summons or pets (that's why they don't come along with you when you teleport).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High