Patriarch Symon(1.11)

Serdash

Jun 24, 2003
Patriarch Symon(1.11)

WTF? Dash has another pat having just finished one barely a week ago?

WTF? It's another barb?

WTF? Dash still plays D2?

Well, I indeed did decide to play some D2, and this time it was with my thrower, one that I made way back when I had to restart 1.10 due to a HDD Crash.

He got parked in act 1 hell because his overall gear(not weapons, just the other stuff) was sub par and his kill speed even on players 1 was questionable. Lack of attack rating made things difficult as well.

Well, after putting a few spins on his gear selection, and swapping around a couple more items, I came up with a decent amount of gear that made him completely viable. At first I kept his normal setup of 2x Lacerator, with 2x Ethereal Lacerators on switch, but I remembered I had Warshrikes now. Which were much more gg.

This turned my throwbarb into a Throwbarb/Nova sorc. Nova flying off at insane speeds, and the fact that I was MPing with a few others when he went from Act 2 -> Act 5 meant he didn't have to worry -too- much about strategy. Just throwing knives at ridiculous speeds. And when in a party of a couple paladins, he would deal a lulz amount of damage.

Well, here he is, and any questions can be answered afterwards.

Stats (Warshrikes)
Stats (Lacerator)
Combat Skills
Combat Masteries
Warcries
Mercenary (Might Merc)

Equipment:
Main Weapons 1 & 2: Warshrike Winged Knife
Switch Weapon 1 & 2: Lacerator Winged Axe(Etheral)
Helm: Giant Skull(37% ED Jewel + 34% ED/+2 Str Jewel)
Armor: Fortitude
Belt: Razortail
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Boots: Gore Rider
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
Ring 1: Ravenfrost
Ring 2: Corruption Finger
Ring
Required Level: 74
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xcd88dacc
Fire Resist +29%
Lightning Resist +10%
Adds 1-18 lightning damage
7% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit

Charms Giving a bunch of resists/max damage/ar/etc.

So yeah. He was a lot less boring to play than the frenzier, although after his equipment revision, I can't say that it was making it much more "fun". Not to mention self replenishing weapons don't self replenish fast enough in most cases.

No Hellforge drop for this guy yet. The group we were MPing with had a couple of nubs who had already finished the game and were giving us WPs and helping us totally hax our way through the remainder of the game with little to no effort. All was gg.

Any questions?

Might Merc appears to be wearing a VampGaze and an eth Duriel's. Not sure about the weapon though, could be anything.

Oh, and congrats.

Vampgaze(To be swapped out with an Andy's Visage since he's level 83 now)
eBugged "Stone" Great Hauberk
Infinity in a Superior 1.07 eth Cryptic Axe

dotdotdot. (Congrats!)

Those are some really scary damage figures.........

Edit: That armor... also frightening.

OT: Hey, Heskla's icon has changed yet again. Whoooo.

Last edited:
*whistle*

My mistake on the armor. Must have had a CRAZY def rating.

*crawls back into a corner in fear of that awesome weapon*

Stone
Great Hauberk
'ShaelUmPulLum'
Defense: 4084
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 108
Required Level: 56
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0xc9dcae0e
+16 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+16 to Vitality
+281% Enhanced Defense
+300 Defense vs. Missile
All Resistances +15
60% Faster Hit Recovery
Level 16 Clay Golem (16/16 Charges)
Level 16 Molten Boulder (80/80 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

22 kay max damage? sweet. Yeah the concentrate and fanatism aura was just gravy in that game. I remember seeing the shrikes wizzing past me at an alarming rate. Reminded me of a 2 frame strafer without all the "huh huh huh" noises. Any idea of what fps you where doing or do I have to plug some numbers into the german calc?

50 points in vitality and bulk dexterity. What would you call that? a dexabarb? :laugh:

More like a glass cannon in some of the games. If he didn't have a merc in front of him or someone tanking, he would die -very- easily.

I think I was throwing at 4 or 3 FPA with fanat on me, which is plenty gg.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High