Patriarch LeastofmyKind – Fury Wolf (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Think you, my Lord, that I have no kin?

Patriarch LeastofmyKind – Fury Wolf

Level: 88

St – 103 (163)
Dx – 61 (88)
Vt – 346 (351)
En – 15 (15)

HP: 1047 (3226 in wolf form)
Mana: 284

Resists:

Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Lycanthropy: 20 (on switch 34)
Werewolf: 20 (on switch 34)
Fury: 20 (30)
HoW: 20 (on switch 29)
Summon Grizzly: 13 (on switch 20)

Prerequisites 1

Fury Damage: 2232 – 6834 (after Might and HoW)

Fury AR: 10067

Equipment:

Weapon 1:
“Death” Eth Berserker Axe
Moser’s Blessed Circle with two Fervour Jewels

Weapon 2:

Upgraded Fleshrender
Lidless Wall

Jalal’s Mane with Rusty Jewel of Fervour
“CoH” Dusk Shroud
Laying of Hands
Gore Rider
Nosferatu’s Coil
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
Manald Heal & Raven Frost

Merc (Act 2 – Might)

Rockstopper
Shaftstop
Eth Reaper’s Toll

Random musings:

Do you know what the weakest link was with this character? It was the player! I played through to Act 2 in Hell on Players8 without a death, but I got bored. Played through to Act 5 Hell on Players5 without a death, and again I got bored. Completed the game on Players1 without a death and I was relieved; not that I didn’t die, but the character was completed. I have little doubt that I could have finished the game with relative ease on Players8. Maybe I would have died. Maybe I would have had to have parked a few more physical damage immune monsters. But I could have done it if my age-related lack of patience was tempered a little. Oh well, with age comes wisdom they say. I really only had one close call in one of the underground areas in Upper Kurast. I went down the stairs, and was immediately hit by an amplify damage curse and was faced with a barrage of death. With more luck that skill, I clicked the exit and zapped back up the stairs missing my entire retinue and almost 2000 HP. Enough about the player, let’s talk about the build.

I had originally planned to use Stormlash as my primary weapon (hence the odd amount of points in Dexterity) but my MF character found an ethereal 5os Berserker axe; well, enough said! The weapon progression was simple. The General’s Tan Do Li Ga flail with a spirit broad sword on switch worked beautifully until I could use the standard Fleshrender. The Fleshrender was relegated to the switch weapon when I could equip Aldur’s Rhythm, which worked beautifully until Upped Fleshrender became available. Finally, the Upped Fleshrender was relegated to switch when I could use Death. All as smooth as silk.

The skill progression was a little more up in the air though. I had planned to max Werewolf, Lycanthropy, HoW and Fury but I was not sure where to put the final dozen or so skill points. Feral Rage was my initial plan, but I found I was using it so rarely in standard play and it only slowed me down against bosses I decided to go down the meat-shield path. I tight spaces I only used the Grizzly, but the Wolves made an appearance in the wide-open spaces. The Grizzly wasn’t too bad at dealing and soaking up damage, the Wolves were cannon fodder though.

Six of the seven D2R characters are completed now, not to mention 90+% of the grail completed, with only a Necromancer to do. A Bonemacer, will fit the bill nicely; yes, definitely time for a Bonemancer.

Screenshot065.png

What had a death but did not die? ;)

Nice! I like the double of fervor Moser’s. I have one of those too. How fast attack does that 75 ias provide? (I am a D2R noob).

What had a death but did not die? ;)

Nice! I like the double of fervor Moser’s. I have one of those too. How fast attack does that 75 ias provide? (I am a D2R noob).
I realised that I needed that amount of IAS to hit the final breakpoint for the Berserker Axe and I could not believe that I only had 3 Fervour gems in storage. Oh well! I couldn't remember what the final attack speed was, so I looked and checked it out. According to the website Fury attacks at 9/9/9/15 or 2.45 attacks per second.

I realised that I needed that amount of IAS to hit the final breakpoint for the Berserker Axe and I could not believe that I only had 3 Fervour gems in storage. Oh well! I couldn't remember what the final attack speed was, so I looked and checked it out. According to the website Fury attacks at 9/9/9/15 or 2.45 attacks per second.
That’s horrible :) Found a calculator which gave 5/4/4/4/7 for your gear. Hope that is closer to the truth and you did not suffer through with so slow attacks.

Reactions: TheNix
Congratulation on the Patriarch, nice use of Death with the new breakpoints.

The new speed calculation for werewolves is quite interesting for Fury. But all the Normal Attack based skills aren't great. And werebears get a really hard nerf.

Reactions: TheNix
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High