Patriarch Jeremy - Brother #3 - 2H Death Berserker

Once you equip the maul, I would consider putting something else in GFace (Um or other source of res, perhaps? Or +life, FHR, MF, etc) because you'll be nicely at 110% without it. No need to waste that space (unless the jewel has nice secondary mods you want to keep of course!). If you're not purely self-found, I'd happily donate an IK belt or 5 so just let me know.

Once you equip the maul, I would consider putting something else in GFace (Um or other source of res, perhaps? Or +life, FHR, MF, etc) because you'll be nicely at 110% without it. No need to waste that space (unless the jewel has nice secondary mods you want to keep of course!). If you're not purely self-found, I'd happily donate an IK belt or 5 so just let me know.

Yeah, that's a very good point. I'd rather not destroy the jewel so i'll see if i have another GFace i can socket with something else, which would leave me the flexibility to change out my gloves if i want to in the future. Hmm... if i was carelessly rich a Cham'd GFace sounds pretty awesome for the CBF & jewelry flexibility. I could do another damage jewel; i have a kinda cool rare jewel with 30% ED, 3 dex, 21 pRez... wish that was L|F rez instead tho.. Most likely i'll just wait to see what happens as i go through hell and see what i feel i'm lacking. I would like more FHR as i'm only at the 48% breakpoint, but even 20% from a shael is only going to get me halfway to the next BP. I already have 4 inv spaces used up on FHR charms. Or i could go the Shako route... but i'd rather save that for my dedicated MF'ers (really want to make a pit zerker w/ Enigma... maybe in a few years when i've found the runes lol), but it might get lost in the dust by the time that happens.

Right now i am 100% self-found but i'm not opposed to trading legit items from legit players (which you clearly seem to be from your trade profile and other posts). For things like IK belt i'll probably keep trying to farm it since it's not too rare, and the excitement from when a target item finally drops is what makes the game so fun :D Things like Jah's and Ber's for Enigma/Infinity/Grief type items, i'll probably end up trying to trade for eventually as they just aren't realistic farming for a normal legit player who can't play d2 8+ hours a day. So far i've found a single Sur rune and a Gul rune. That's the total of my high rune drops. Sorc has done about 500 LK p8 chest runs so far, which despite being kind of boring are very addicting and hard to stop... so many shinies exploding out of those chests!

Don't be too down about the runes - I have 3 small children and rarely have time to play more than a few minutes here and there, and I tripped over 2 Ber runes in the past couple of months alone. Just spend as much time as you can in higher level areas, preferably on higher players settings, and the high runes will absolutely start to fall.

Agreed on the runes. They still take quite some time to farm, but certainly aren't out of reach, when you know where to farm and spend some dedicated time on it.

Well i was finally able to equip the much talked about IK Maul at the very start of Act 2 hell. The IK belt (thank you!) was a big boost to STR needed to equip it. I ended up socketing it with a 40%ED and 33% 1-18 Ldmg jewels. Wow. Huge damage upgrade over my old weapon! In town without buffs or might it was around a 1.5k LCS buff to damage. With all my buffs and might my damage was sitting nicely at 8k with around 13k AR at level 76, which if i remember correctly was a 3k damage buff over the old weapon.

The 12 frame BP is reallly nice. I tested between the 2 outside of town and the difference was slightly noticeable, but once i was actually fighting it was pretty significant. Much easier to handle multiple monsters at once because of how quickly i attack, making it harder for their attacks to interrupt me.

Not to mention all of the sweet 3 & 4 pc IK set bonuses; belt let me hit the 86% FHR breakpoint! Now i'm not sure what i'll socket in my spare GFace. I will probably go for resists of some sort, or perhaps something to enable a departure from Angelic ring/ammy, but that's a significant amount of AR to make up...

And best of all, I had reduced /players to 3 to maintain 1-3 hit kills in hell, but with the IK maul i'm up to /players5. I do miss the /players8 setting showering the screen with loot, but players5 is still pretty sweet.

Thanks so much for the help and inspiration!

Happy to help! Glad to hear the partial-IK is working out so well; the rest of Hell should be relatively smooth sailing now I expect.

If you load your inventory with AR charms and ideally have AR on a rare ring (plus the AR/Dex on Ravenfrost), you can probably get away with losing the Angelics because of the huge AR bonus on Berserk. My AR was ~12k without Angelics, and that was plenty high enough to hit in A5 Hell. I had decent charms but nothing great, as I keep my gear on each character so it was far from my best stuff collected onto this one character. I also used much of the same equipment as you and never had to spend a single hard point in Dex, as I believe you won't either. So losing the Angelics is very doable. Highlord's would really boost your damage, if you happen to have one of those.

Happy to help! Glad to hear the partial-IK is working out so well; the rest of Hell should be relatively smooth sailing now I expect.

If you load your inventory with AR charms and ideally have AR on a rare ring (plus the AR/Dex on Ravenfrost), you can probably get away with losing the Angelics because of the huge AR bonus on Berserk. My AR was ~12k without Angelics, and that was plenty high enough to hit in A5 Hell. I had decent charms but nothing great, as I keep my gear on each character so it was far from my best stuff collected onto this one character. I also used much of the same equipment as you and never had to spend a single hard point in Dex, as I believe you won't either. So losing the Angelics is very doable. Highlord's would really boost your damage, if you happen to have one of those.

I have a few fine/sharp charms right now, but not a ton. Right now i have a mix of vita and resist charms too. Probably need to revisit these in light of the new gear. I did fine a nice 29% fire rez + 6 dex GC in my stash my sorc found which filled a nice hole w/ my fire rez and a small boost to AR. I also haven't maxed my mastery yet (think i'm 12 or 13 hard points into it), so that will help too.

No Highlord's yet, although he did find a Cat's Eye in Act 1. My unique ammy's aren't very good, mostly nokazon's and EE's.. but i do think i have a mahim-oak that -might- be decent. I'll have to check out my assortment of rare/magic jewelry to see what i can come up with. Do you think a SoJ for the +1 skills is a waste on this character? I have one on my Sorc i could borrow, but i doubt the +1 skills is worth not having any AR or resists or other notable barb stats. Suppose i could test it out tonight and see.

I definitely think the SOJ would be a waste. Sure, it would bump your damage and AR a little bit, but it would go to better use on a different character and a rare ring with AR, life, resists, etc would be more useful in rounding out your character. Even a second Ravenfrost would be useful for the big AR bump if you have spares. I would say just look at your overall ring/amulet stash and pick a pair that best complements whatever your character is currently lacking (assuming you can ditch the Angelics).

I think Maximus finally met his match, suffering his first death of his career. I challenged hell ancients at level 83. They destroyed me lol. First try they had some nasty mods and almost 1 shot me so i reset. 2nd try I got 1 shot by a leap attack. Reading back on your post it looks like you did it at level 90. I should probably wait a few levels... This will be the first time i've had to stop and grind some levels instead of just full steam ahead questing/progressing. Did you mostly use concentrate to fight them so they couldn't hit you? Or did you just berserk it out and take the hits ?

Well, 83 is definitely do-able, but doing them at 89 surely made things a little bit easier. Still, with almost 3k life I'm very surprised that you were one-shotted. Did you get a look at their mods? The reason I waited until 89 was because I planned my build to be finished at 90 so since they always give a flat 40M XP, waiting until 40M before level 90 was the most efficient way to reach my final intended level of 90 - I wasn't worried about fighting them at a lower level, to be honest.

Waiting a few more levels should help your chance to hit but it shouldn't make or break the fight. You probably just got two nasty sets of mods in a row. The ancients I rolled were all pretty tame.

Must have been super unlucky last night. I just tried again after gaining 2 levels (85) and it went much smoother. They had cursed, but nothing crazy other than that. I had to kite around a bit and try to fight them one at a time, but i got through them with about 5 big purples to spare :D

Congrats on getting past the old guys! Definitely sounds like the previous attempt was a fluke. So, pat thread incoming soon? ;)

Yep! Defeated Baal Monday night and i have most of the Pat thread typed up. I just need to jot down the actual numbers for the stats section and do a couple text dumps for items and i'll be posting it :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High