Patriarch HungryLikeThe, Reaper’s Fury Wolf (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Patriarch HungryLikeThe, Reaper’s Fury Wolf

In touch with the ground
I'm on the hunt, I'm after you
Smell like I sound, I'm lost in a crowd
And I'm hungry like the werewolf.

Level: 88

St – 100 (165)
Dx – 80 (125)
Vt – 330 (392)
En – 20 (65)

HP 1116 (3345 in WW)
Mana 324

Damage

Fury: 526 – 6049 @ 12,808AR

Resists:

Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Lycanthropy: 20/39 on switch
Werewolf: 20/39 on switch
Grizzly: 20/36 on switch
Heart of the Wolverine: 13/29 on switch
Fury: 20/34

Raven, Spirit Wolf, Dire Wolf & Oak Sage: 1/17 on switch
Feral Rage & Rabies: 1/15

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Shael” The Reaper’s Toll

Weapon 2:

Mang Song’s Lesson

Jalal’s Mane w/ Rusty Jewel of Fervour
“CoH” Dusk Shroud
Laying of Hands
Gore Rider
Verdungo’s Hearty Coil
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
BKWB & Raven Frost
Bone Break & DTorch

Merc (Act 1 – Cold)

Eth Vampire Gaze
Eth Shaftstop
“Faith” GMB (+3 bow)

Random Musings:

The origins of this build came to me when I was considering making a Hunter. I thought I’d put the Faith bow on my Druid, a Reaper’s on a Might merc and my furry army fight for my honour but then it hit me; I made the Faith in a *expletive deleted* Grand Matron Bow. I had enough runes to make another one in a standard bow, but could I justify it? No, was the answer. [I’ve still got the Faith burning a hole in my pocket though, a strafer perhaps.]. I could give the bow to an Act 1 merc, but I think I’d need the Decrepify to aid my furry army. I could wield it myself, but it would have to hit really fast to proc it enough to be of any use. Werewolf and Rage? Thus, HungyLikeThe was born.

It played like a dream, not as good as the wolfbarb but that build was amazing, the Decrep went off just when it was needed, the merc’s freezing arrow had a slight but noticeable effect, the Grizzly hit hard and often, and even the wolves held their own reasonably well. Speaking of the Grizzly, maybe it was just wishful thinking, but the Fanaticism aura appeared to work wonders for the bear; he was moving and attacking quicker and doing really nice damage. I rarely used the Ravens as they overrode the Decrep and Blind, although nice, couldn’t hold a candle to it.

As usual, I ran through Normal and Nightmare in /players8, at the beginning of Hell (when I was finally able to equip the Reaper’s) I considered keeping it on /p8 but dropped it down to /p5 instead. That being said, I was comfortably able to finish the game on /p5, so it probably could have coped. As I tend to do, if I’m finishing with a certain weapon type, I like to start with that particular type. This put me in the right frame of mind so to speak. I started with a Trident socketed with a few Envy jewels, and from there I went from Razortine to Bloodthief to Kelpie Snare to Hone Sudan before finally making it to the Reaper’s. Skill-wise, I pumped up the Shape Shifting tree first, Lycan and WW first, with only one point in both Feral Rage and Rabies when they became available. At level 30, I put everything in Fury until it was maxed, then finished off Lycan/WW. It was only then that I started to put points into the Summoning tree.

I had only one death, I popped Hell Infector of Souls’ seal, I was laying into them, and I died. I’m not sure how, perhaps my Lycanthropy ran out and I didn’t notice, perhaps he was mana drain and I didn’t notice, but I’m just not sure. That would have been three character runs without a death in a row. Oh, well.

Screenshot041.png

Nice Pat! And a great choice of character name. I’m not a huge Duran Duran fan, but “Hungry Like the Wolf” is undoubtedly a jam. John Taylor is a killer bass player.

You definitely should do something with that ‘Faith’ GMB. Can’t go wrong with Multishot or Strafe with that bow.

Love fury druids, nice work! Reapers Toll is pretty amazing on this build - not sure if you just stumbled into it after your problem with the Faith bow, but I know that after druid IAS was updated in D2R eth Reapers toll was considered by many to be a BiS weapon for fury druids. Even non-eth is pretty amazing, like you said players 8 isn't even much of a problem. I even considered zodding an eth reapers toll for this build, but ended up make a BotD GPA that my fury druid wields now. Non-eth reapers is probably still better for many situations. Anyway, I gotta say the new D2R animations make fury even more fun, the way you swipe everything to death is so satisfying! Also kudos to using the same weapon from the beginning, I love doing that because you get to use all sorts of different items. Great pat, have fun!

Reactions: Swamigoon
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High