Patriarch Ethelwulf, Fury Druid

Arparrabiosa

Sep 27, 2022
So I have brought forward this guy from 1.14, so maybe I can have some Uber Tristram action with him. Are Fury Druids are thing for ubers, right? I have a Shaeled and upped ribcracker I plan to use for that.

I have always loved werewolf druids, but for some reason I left him parked at Act IV Hell. Perhaps I was afraid of Iron Maiden. Speaking of that, I didn't get cursed with IM a single time, even when I did some Chaos runs and I got OK at the WSK (go go acronyms). Did they nerf it for D2R?

1U6r1z7.png

Stats
Strength: 136 (186)
Dexterity: 116 (142)
Vitality: 233 (233)
Energy: 20 (40)

Life: more than 4k with BO and Oak Sage
Resists: 61 fire, 52 cold, 72 lightning, -8 poison; I guess I could fix that poison resist with charms, but didn't bother
Skills: 20 werewolf, 20 lycanthropy, 20 fury, 20 oak sage, 9 feral rage, 1 grizzly

Equipment
Weapon/Shield: Grief phase blade - 39 IAS & 393 damage, stormshield
Switch: Call to Arms Double Axe +5 BO/+5 BC // Spirit Monarch 35% fcr
Helm: Jalal's Mane
Armor: Fortitude archon plate - 29 res & 1,24 life
Belt: String of ears
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Boots: Gore Rider
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
Rings: Ravenfrost 20 Dex & Bul-kathos' wedding band

Inventory: Max Damage/Attack Rating/Life Charms. Some resists, fire and lightning mainly. I do have better charms somewhere else.

Merc
Might with Shaeled TRT, Fortitude Eth Archon Plate and Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ruby Jewel of Fervor. Helps a lot with immunes and kicks asses.

Thoughs
So I don't remember how this guy worked in Normal/Nightmare. Guess it was ok as he was fully twinked. Chaos Sanctuary was very easy without having to worry about Iron Maiden. I can run it at /players 5 or so, no problem. Act V was a breeze, too. His equipment is as good, though. The only thing that gave me trouble was those poison mage skeletons at WSK because my poison resist was negative.

Plans for the Future
Uber Tristam?

Congrats on the Pat.

I was gone from D2 for 10 years and have been playing 1.14 for the last year and a half. At first I thought I was being incredibly lucky to not getting IM cursed by the OKs. I had actually skipped from version 1.11 to 1.14 and one day I got interesting in what changes had been made to the game. In reading the version changes I found that the IM curse was removed from the Oblivion Knights in version 1.13.

Reactions: Triple Helix
What a fun character! My son and I are playing one through at the moment. Grief + Shield is the better option in D2R now that off-weapon IAS counts, but we're doing Ribracker just for old times sake. I never played a Fury Druid through back in the day, so it's quite fun. We just finished Normal, so quite a bit ahead.

I'll be interested to hear how Ubers goes if you try it. Certainly a fun challenge for characters in SP these days.

Also, your guy looks really cool on the character screen!

Nice job Arparrabiosa. Well geared char. Does the shield cause any problems while furying in terms of the Druids blocking speed or lack of?

Thanks @DaveW !

No, no problems with blocking. The character felt very responsive, even in crowded places like Chaos Sanctuary.

That's encouraging, @Arparrabiosa, that your Stormshield had sufficient faster block rate. I was thinking about someday trying a shifter build with that shiny Aldur's Watchtower set, and I imagine he would probably want a good shield.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High