Patch 1.13

Re: Patch 1.13

Hmz regarding revert to 1.06 -> uniqs without level reqs was very nice imo -> lld scenery was much better than today + it would not chance end game playing. This way maybe someone else besides me would do low levels without chant :)

Hmz hammerdin should be nerfed but what most poeple don't take into account is that not everyone wants to play in groups (me + those that opt not to log on bnet). Having monsters immune to certain type of dmg (like seal bosses) that have to be killed before you can complete main exp mfing end game area is pretty lame. Every class should have atleast one build that can clear (alone) cs with top gear at least in 1 ppl games.

Hammerdins could be nerfed if the gameplay was like 1.06 or 1.09. Back then every class was pretty much equal in terms of killing monsters.

Btw no mercs to classic. One of the best things about classic is that we don't have that AI to tank the monsters and be there to help us.. its just pure solo. A lot harder for a sorc for example to kill some extra fast bosses when you have to tele around like hell etc.

off ->

I for one would like the weapon switch and *maybe* mercs following you between acts. Summons as well, for that matter. Definately no merc gear though.

#1 for me would probably be the resolution. Especially as I'm thinking of upgrading to 24'' :(
#2 would be a shared stash. Or maybe an "anti-hacks" patch.

I for one would like the weapon switch and *maybe* mercs following you between acts. Summons as well, for that matter. Definately no merc gear though.

#1 for me would probably be the resolution. Especially as I'm thinking of upgrading to 24'' :(
#2 would be a shared stash. Or maybe an "anti-hacks" patch.

Hmm.. weapon switch is a good suggestion for classic players!

You can always play in a windowed mode and with lower resolution settings, it does the trick :)

I've been playing on full screen 640x480 so far, never had any problems.
Once at a LAN party, while playing on a projector, the mana and life bulbs where slightly out of my field of vision, so I died a couple of times due to my own negligence. :)

Hmm.. weapon switch is a good suggestion for classic players!

You can always play in a windowed mode and with lower resolution settings, it does the trick :)
I've been playing in windowed mode for almost as long as I've been playing D2 ;)

I can't play fullscreen, for some reason a large resolution and a good PC = low framerates...it happens to a couple of my friends as well.

The only thing is with 1900x1200, or thereabouts, the screen is ridiculously small. I can only imagine larger resolutions like you'd get on 28 or 30'' screens.

Is there any other way to get a decent sized window on a high resolution without running resolution hacks?

Hammerdins could be nerfed if the gameplay was like 1.06 or 1.09. Back then every class was pretty much equal in terms of killing monsters.

Btw no mercs to classic. One of the best things about classic is that we don't have that AI to tank the monsters and be there to help us.. its just pure solo. A lot harder for a sorc for example to kill some extra fast bosses when you have to tele around like hell etc.

off ->

I completely agree. That's one of the reasons i said that i would love to have 1.06 back -> no synnergies is good enough nerfing on hdin ^^

My opinion is aswell that no mercs for classic!

At 1900 by 1200 you probably won't need your overhead map anymore. :)
The complete acts would be visible, though characters would look like ants.

What I do is switch to 1024x on my 20.1 inch monitor and play with windowed mode. The window is large enough IMO and doesn't look crap at all like in full sreen mode.

The one thing that drives me nuts about windowed mode, is I accidentally click onto the desktop all the freaking time. Especially when I am WWing.

Anyone know of a way to keep your D2 window up and active?

The one thing that drives me nuts about windowed mode, is I accidentally click onto the desktop all the freaking time. Especially when I am WWing.

if i'm not mistaken, there's a -nohide command line that will prevent the d2 window from minimizing if you click on your desktop by accident

as for the "put <insert change added to LoD here>" in classic (like bigger stash, a merc that follows you/can be equiped, etc.) let me just say this: they made LoD for a reason. if you want bigger stash, merc following through acts and all that stuff, JUST GO PLAY LOD!

They cant implement stuff like that on classic, because if they do, people will have NO REASON to buy LoD at all. "But we dont like the runewords and the new sets/uniques/charms/assassins/druids". Well, nobody is forcing you to play them, just make a lod char and play as you would play classic. simple as that.

and since this is a topic about 1.13 patch:

NERF THE HAMMERDIN! take out the stupid "blessed hammer ignores resistances of demons/undead" crap and it should be good.

if i'm not mistaken, there's a -nohide command line that will prevent the d2 window from minimizing if you click on your desktop by accident

as for the "put <insert change added to LoD here>" in classic (like bigger stash, a merc that follows you/can be equiped, etc.) let me just say this: they made LoD for a reason. if you want bigger stash, merc following through acts and all that stuff, JUST GO PLAY LOD!

They cant implement stuff like that on classic, because if they do, people will have NO REASON to buy LoD at all. "But we dont like the runewords and the new sets/uniques/charms/assassins/druids". Well, nobody is forcing you to play them, just make a lod char and play as you would play classic. simple as that.

and since this is a topic about 1.13 patch:

NERF THE HAMMERDIN! take out the stupid "blessed hammer ignores resistances of demons/undead" crap and it should be good.

Hmz not so easy answer to our problems as you seem think. I cant play lod as i would play classics as i want to pvp. Would get my xxx kicked in every game ^^

Besides i hate mercs too :)

I will take a deep breath and answer you... :coffee:
I don't want classic to turn into LOD if that's what you mean (not sure what you mean) because surely ie. bigger stash size couldn't hurt the game hmm, Only make it better and less muling related (reducing lag) and giving more enjoyment for the players? On the other hand, I am willing to not request mercs in classic as I reconcidered it, it wouldn't fit into classic that well after all.

WOOT! Look what I found:

http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/index.html

This is being talked about on our Community Forum as well! Included is an option to keep your mouse in the Window!!!!:thumbup:
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542694

What a very nice little program this is!

I'm quite excited honestly, the framerates are SMOOTH, gameplay is more fun, AND my mouse stays in the window haha!
:crazyeyes:

WOOT! Look what I found:

http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/index.html

This is being talked about on our Community Forum as well! Included is an option to keep your mouse in the Window!!!!:thumbup:
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542694

What a very nice little program this is!

I'm quite excited honestly, the framerates are SMOOTH, gameplay is more fun, AND my mouse stays in the window haha!
:crazyeyes:

This is a great program to use! I installed it now and it seems to have been updated with some new settings to choose from, very nice.

Edit:
I got banned in D2jsp (trading forum) for 24hrs after posting a thread about it and I just wanted to help people :(

Last edited:

a bigger stash (and/or other ways to reduce the trouble with muling).

my biggest no.1 wish would be for NO bots, hackers, ... and the bugs to be fixed, and less lag or 'server hiccups'. in short: more gaming enjoyment and the game running as it was supposed to be. but...having had 11 patches so far, and still bugs and bots and all that, i suppose it is useless to wish for it... (but i can dream :) )

how about giving classics full access to LoD? Like, just merging the two together?
I guess if that would happen, all the classic players would stop playing on battle.net :)
To put it kindly, classic players have a strong affinity towards Classic and classic players(usually) have strong antipathy towards LoD, so I imagine most would not want classic removed(which is essencially what you are suggesting).

Although I imagine it would confuse lots of LoD players if they where destroyed by a 4fpa lance or battle hammer wielding (speed)barb and people might get slightly upset if they had to rewrite all the guides when dex is no longer needed for block.

I do agree with you that LoD would be improved if they added classic elements like "rares are king" rather then the current "uniques are king, so everybody looks alike and has exactly the same ultimate end-gear".

But Classic should definately stay Classic.

This is a great program to use! I installed it now and it seems to have been updated with some new settings to choose from, very nice.

Edit:
I got banned in D2jsp (trading forum) for 24hrs after posting a thread about it and I just wanted to help people :(

8 of my accounts got banned forever for using d2loader which was supposed to be safe too... this program is supposed to work on driver level, but are you sure that it is safe?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High