Paladin guide writers, please read

Ragnarod said:
It's been a busy day, you know, with the forums crashing and all

Welcome back :p

So I see, if you need some help with somethign feel free to let me know, I can organize guides some (dont look at the ranger post, thats gathering my info so I can organize it haha) lmk if you need help. MAN ITS GREAT TO BE BACK though the AB board treated me really good I feel home here

Elvish

Ragnarod said:
Borlag, it seems that Gohanman had a fairly recent backup of the guides, so we might only need Cyrus' Zealot guide, and Zarkano's post. It shouldn't be difficult to find someone with the Zealot guide backed up, since two people were working on an update for it, but if I can't get in touch with them I'll have to ask you for it :(

I'll start working on retyping the zealot guide then, unless anyone here knows any other place Cyrus might have posted it in. As for that Zarkano's post, I think I saw someone mentioning it was on his computer as text file so I don't think that will take long to reappear here :)

I do have Cyrus' zealot guide saved up. Should I post it here or shoud I send it by e-mail to the moderator?

LordDamien said:
I do have Cyrus' zealot guide saved up. Should I post it here or shoud I send it by e-mail to the moderator?

Post it in a new thread would be easiest to do i suppose untill rag gets around to a guide stickie

Elvish

i'm relatively new to the game, but would like to defend a few newcomers making these "newbie" guides...

like any other post written by a new guy, some may be kinda lacking in insight, usefulness, etc, by "experienced" player standards

but if some kid is gonna go out of his way to try to help others by making a guide, even if it's lame, at least he tried...

critique it all you want any1, but that same inexperienced person making a guide is putting thought into the game, and in a few weeks will be as you said, more experienced and more capable of making a useful guide to everyone's standards...

i think telling the new people to cease their guide writing thoughts and shut up for a few weeks "preferably in silence", will discourage some from interacting altogether

i'd rather see active forums filled with posts from people trying to be helpful, even if they aren't actualy being helpful to all of us....you can always disregard a "guide" the same way you can any other post you know

sometimes people will learn faster from the critiques they'll get from people like you anyway.... there's alot of information to mull over in this game and sometimes people (like me) read a fact and forget it....these guides they make can be part of their learning process, after being critiqued by others

well....my 2 cents in a free america....

"post thy guides as thy wish, thus keeping thy forums active with those seeking to both giveth and receiveth knowledge"

Mike777 said:
i'm relatively new to the game, but would like to defend a few newcomers making these "newbie" guides...

like any other post written by a new guy, some may be kinda lacking in insight, usefulness, etc, by "experienced" player standards

but if some kid is gonna go out of his way to try to help others by making a guide, even if it's lame, at least he tried...

critique it all you want any1, but that same inexperienced person making a guide is putting thought into the game, and in a few weeks will be as you said, more experienced and more capable of making a useful guide to everyone's standards...

i think telling the new people to cease their guide writing thoughts and shut up for a few weeks "preferably in silence", will discourage some from interacting altogether

i'd rather see active forums filled with posts from people trying to be helpful, even if they aren't actualy being helpful to all of us....you can always disregard a "guide" the same way you can any other post you know

sometimes people will learn faster from the critiques they'll get from people like you anyway.... there's alot of information to mull over in this game and sometimes people (like me) read a fact and forget it....these guides they make can be part of their learning process, after being critiqued by others

well....my 2 cents in a free america....

"post thy guides as thy wish, thus keeping thy forums active with those seeking to both giveth and receiveth knowledge"

Keeping the forums "busy" with drivel is not my idea of a successful bulletin board. Instead of writing a guide, the novice (I never said newbie) should go ahead and apply his "theories" to an actual build. If that build works out (finishes the game w/o much help) and it hasn't been catalogued before, then get started on a guide. There is nothing wrong with asking for advice on a certain build. There is something wrong with making a guide as part of your learning curve. You don't see students at universities giving lectures as part of the "learning process". Because they'll confuse a whole lot of people on the way. The problem with a bad guide (written by a novice or a veteran) is that it misleads the other readers of this forum.

There is also something to be said about a little humility when coming to a new board. Read, research, ask questions, learn, experiment, then teach.

Thanks for reposting it, LordDamien, I didn't want to make Borlag type it all again :)

Good job there Damien :) Though I did write some of it before seeing your post :lol: ah well, wasn't that much time wasted anyway :)

edit: Damien I think there's about 1/3rd of the guide, but I just typed it in frenzy and didn't proofread my writing, so it was maybe 15% done, not that big deal :)

Ragnarod said:
Thanks for reposting it, LordDamien, I didn't want to make Borlag type it all again :)
I'm glad I could help. Borlag's fingers will be spared after all :D

edit: didn't see your post there Borlag. Hope you didn't type too much of it ;)

I redid an index layout of ranger info you want to sticky it instead... more organized. PMed suryl about the ranger team guide.

Also is a board supposed to be full of Qs and As and FAQs/Guides or should it be full of discussion. Personally, I think message boards should have more rpg stuff then strategy. Also, when the ranger index is complete and takes up 400 pages, can it go on the sc? =P

Raven-Hood

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High