Paladin guide writers, please read

Ragnarod

DiabloII.Net Pal
Jun 21, 2003
Paladin guide writers, please read

Since all the posts are gone, I'd like you to repost your guides, so we can make the paladin guide thread again. As far as I remember, these were the guides in it:

Hammerdin guide -> in the Strat Compendium already
Tesladin guide
Avenger guide -> in the Strat Compendium already
Max dmg Hammerdin guide
Ranger guide -> either repost this one, or the ranger encyclopedia
V/T guide -> in the Strat Compendium already
Liberator guide -> in the Strat Compendium already
Cleric guide

I'd also like to get in there Cyrus' zealot guide, that had to be updated but never was, anyone saved that one too?

Ragnarod, I have that one saved at home in the internet cache files and in printed version. If it's not posted here before I get there (in about 4-5 hours), I'll post it again here, or would you like it PM'd or something?

edit: most likely I also have the rest of the missing guides, seeing that I've compiled a list that includes each and every single guide written in these forums, they're bound to be in the cache too :)

I recall no conviction zealot guide being in the guide sticky, maybe it was posted recently and I hadn't read it yet

Borlag, that would be of great help, please repost them here (since probably they won't fit in a PM) when you can. If you happen to have the Hammerdin Info thread stored too, that would also be nice :)

I'm sure I have the faq guides and the zealot, not sure if I have the whole hammerdin thread that was stickied here, I know I have the first page, that's for sure.

There was only info in the first page I think, so I don't need the whole thread, the rest of the pages were mostly asking questions about the info on the first page

I've reposted the FAQ already, but the others would come handy

From prava's guide at http://www.purediablo.com/guides/news.php?id=516

"Things that work with smite:

Crushing blow
Chance to cast something on striking
Hit blinds target
Hit freezes target
Open Wounds
Enhanced Damage<<----
+Damage modifier on the Redeemer (unique Mighty Scepter) and Astreon's Iron Ward (unique Caduceus)
Curses such as Life Tap, Amplify Damage..."

i herd and read ed dosent effect smite dmg
true?

ah, so its only stickied guides you recollect? oh... well, there were a convictadin i think it were called, that by me were pretty good...

Edit: (not stickied)

Ragnarod said:
Borlag, that would be of great help, please repost them here (since probably they won't fit in a PM) when you can. If you happen to have the Hammerdin Info thread stored too, that would also be nice :)

Rag, looks like it doesn't work out afterall, my home computer's set to delete the browse history after closing the browser, including temporary internet files... :(

I do have Cyrus' Zealot guide, Zarkano's addon to your hammerdin guide (the skill & stat point assignment post) and Cyrus' Avenger guide printed out but it would take ages to type those back, so if someone else still have them saved somewhere somehow, please post them for us all.

If nothing else works, then I'll type them here again, will just take a bit longer that way.

Hey I can have the ranger guide up in a couple of hours, Im not sure what updates where made to the index put Ill post the copy I have (ILL check and see if raven emailed me the new copy) its good to be back

Elvish

Borlag,

I've got the Skill & Stat point assignment for Hammerdins in a txt file. Just using it to start my first Hammerdin.

I was waiting for someone to post the Hammerdin writeup first and then I can tag it on the end but if people are happy for me to post it in a new thread then I will.

Regards

Ian L.

P.S. I'll check my PC when I get home cos I've been looking at the Hammerdin one a lot, my work PC doesn't have it cached but my home one might.

All of the Paladin guides that were recorded in the Stickies and the Compendium were very good. However, I have noticed a couple of "guides" written by novices (nothing wrong with being a novice) that were ill-prepared, lacking any real insight or guidance.

Writing a guide if you're not willing to put in the time and effort to make it thorough and useful, is bad enough. Lack of experience will surely compound the problem. It's also worth saying that no amount of research will make up for a little experience. Be patient, hang around a couple of weeks (silently if possible), play a few Paladin characters to at least clvl80+. Then, after reading all the exisiting guides, if you still think a certain build hasn't been catalogued, go ahead and take a shot.

If you choose to ignore this advice I will not be shy about pointing out your guide's shortcomings in very frank terms.

Yea i agree with Any1.

Some guides did ( not saying mine was perfect or outstanding).

Also when writing a guide. it is not needed to list each item's mods. It takes up alot more space, and if your like me, you kinda loose interest in the guide after attempting to read all of those mods to each weapon / armor option.
Just an idea.

i had no idea my guide was posted in stragety compendium... i never checked . hehe..

O yea. Can you edit guides that are posted in Stragety Compend.??
i might have more " new " information to add about items and dueling stragetory.

You were lucky, because your guide was posted in the Strat Compendium yesterday, just before the forum crash

No need for you to repost it, since it's already there, if you want to update it you can post it here, and I'll send word to Elly, she's the one to update things in the Strat Compendium

Borlag, it seems that Gohanman had a fairly recent backup of the guides, so we might only need Cyrus' Zealot guide, and Zarkano's post. It shouldn't be difficult to find someone with the Zealot guide backed up, since two people were working on an update for it, but if I can't get in touch with them I'll have to ask you for it :(

Any1, I agree, that's why not all guides posted make it to the sticky, and/or the strat compendium

Ragnarod said:
You were lucky, because your guide was posted in the Strat Compendium yesterday, just before the forum crash

No need for you to repost it, since it's already there, if you want to update it you can post it here, and I'll send word to Elly, she's the one to update things in the Strat Compendium

Borlag, it seems that Gohanman had a fairly recent backup of the guides, so we might only need Cyrus' Zealot guide, and Zarkano's post. It shouldn't be difficult to find someone with the Zealot guide backed up, since two people were working on an update for it, but if I can't get in touch with them I'll have to ask you for it :(

Any1, I agree, that's why not all guides posted make it to the sticky, and/or the strat compendium

Rag ole buddy can you stickie the ranger info im stock piling and reworking, i dont want it falling back while im n classes or something

Elvish

If it's just one thread, I don't mind stickying it, but I'm not going to sticky you 5 or 6 rangers threads, you know :p

Ragnarod said:
If it's just one thread, I don't mind stickying it, but I'm not going to sticky you 5 or 6 rangers threads, you know :p
what no welcome back? gosh see if i send you a fruit cake next year haha yeah its just one thread im adding posts when i find more info

Elvish

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High