ow + cb frosterdin in hell?

Re: ow + cb frosterdin in hell?

Where you able to retrieve your gear ?
I don't play HC, but if I was playing with anything of value, I'd probably try to have a solid character in the game with loot on.

RIP

most players do that i guess...but i only have one cd key and also i feel, that the items should vanish after the death...
the char was almost untwinked, so no big loss there. the only thing he didn't find himself was steelclash (he found a ward 42 tho)

bloodrise, bloodfist, goblins, steelclash, mahim oak and some bad rares like 5 str 1x lr belt, 12 str 1x lr 2x fr armor or 10 fhr 1x lr 1x fr helm.

Multi lacks power in classic and would need the ias badly to reach 10 frames (120 ed bow is not enough) for gothic.
Strafezon is more viable dmg wise and does not need ias on gothic to be effective, but also much more dangerous due the strafe lock..

i never liked strafe, got no explanation for it, always prefered multishot. also i was thinking bout a pn/revive necro. guess its time to read and punch numbers in a calculator...

RIP Malaga

Could you write a bit more about the general experience with the character? Was he irritating to play (like constant visits to town), or was he more of a "single element" character, that simply has problems due to resistant mobs.

You could try Fredsta's fire/piercing amazon with that unique - but to be honest I have no clue if this was viable : D

my experience with this build :scratchchin:

i´ll give my writing skills a try:

the plan: get an untwinked melee char to solo the entire game and kill every mob on the way

pure frostadin works like a charm till u reach hell.

many CI (cold immunes), many mobs.

with an avg cold dmg of ~800 i haven't had any problem with non CI's in terms of killing speed. so while playing i found myself thinking from time to time, there are almost only CI's in hell, cuz i found myself 95% of the game time dealing with them. at first i was afraid, i wouldn't hit often enough to trigger cb and ow (never had < 65% cth, thats why i pumped zeal higher than needed) but it was enough.

my skill setup:

20 in hf, res cold, zeal
1 in smite, cleansing, meditation, salvation
rest in hs

after dealing a while with the ci's i came to the comclusion: its faster to smite down one by one, also ur target won't be able to do anything...

for mobs u´ll want clean space in ur back, so its better to kill most monsters
non-CI-mobs are usually pretty easy, some exceptions but only two types i encountered are worth mentioning

1. cursed, aura enchanted (holy frost), extra fast, light + cold enchanted - worst enemy in entire game. get a single monster away from group and kill it

2. aura enchanted (conviction), fire+light+cold enchanted - tactic above and salvation, a lot of purples and tps

CI mobs: the range of difficult ones is higher here...but not as bad as the both above. usually get one or two away from the group and start smiting

P/C-Immunes: if the boss stands alone smite till it can't move and change aura to holy fire

weird things: ow animation is a bit buggy, monsters didn't always bleed, but kept loosing life even after i stopped attackin (i watched many CI's die, when i already changed to smite next monster). met one phys/cold immune and started smiting with holy fire active. it shouldn't have triggered ow (realized that after i killed it) but it did...tried that on other P/C-I's worked every time...the ow animation never showed, but it can't have been the lvl 2 holy fire that killed the monster in hell alone...any ideas?

due to the lack of ll i found myself in need of many pots. but after i learned to shut of off auras while i don't need them (less attraction of monsters i don't want to attract) and came to the tactics above the comsumption went down to a lvl i could satisfy my needs with the drops most of the time. weapon repair becomes an issue...had to go to town to repair my weapon as often as to refill my inv with potions. how to control the monsters is a major issue on this build

the superuniqs been no problem at all. just smite till they get down to 1/5 of life then zeal till death

my cr was pretty bad. had to drink a lot of thawings pots. for this build cr is as important as fr.

fr,cr should be positive
lr should be max

if i would remake the char, i'ld change the setup to something like a "classic auradin"

skills
20 frost, shock, rc, rl
2 zeal
1 salvation, smite, hs

equip
culwen's (bloodrise in inv), goblins, steelclash (or rare skill block res), signon gloves and belt (death combo doesn't have enough space for pots), armor life res or goldskin, fhr helm with res, rings ar and res, amu (skill) res or angelic combo?
no cannot be frozen, but i guess that unevitable

stat
str for equip
dex not sure
vita rest

tactic: holy frost for all non CI's, holy shock for the rest, ow+cb + smite for C/L-I's and uniq mobs depending on the spawn

Last edited:

What are your thoughts about putting 20 points into sacrifice to boost your physical damage?

What are your thoughts about putting 20 points into sacrifice to boost your physical damage?

with the set up i used/sugest, there is no phys dmg to boost. i had with max zeal a phys avg dmg of ~60, which was very nice in CS because i didn't have to worry bout IM. i guess if u found/are rich enough to buy a weapon that provides enough phys dmg to actually hurt something in hell, i guess i would use different skill and equip set up, go for holy frost plus fana and also for ll

ok, i´m bored once again and just started rebuilding, this time with two elements...

just to post something again

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High