OT: Terminal Service - remade

-.kreizi.-

Jul 1, 2003
OT: Terminal Service - remade

Hello once again, I was asking for our PC gurus about how to step by step setup Terminal Service between XP home edition PC and Win98 PC. The connection would be used for internet surfing to those areas that my employee has closed down at work. :) so please do share your knowledge. also could you confirm me on this that TS is faster than VNC and it is encrypted unlike VNC?

which computer is the server? Xp can automatically configure networks for you, look in control panel for networking. On the left side should be "Create new connection" or something. Use that. 98 is worse. While Xp is plug and play, 98 feels it's more suitable to "plug and pray". You have to make a new conenction and configure it..somehow. Beyond that I can't help you.

Ps. It would make life alot easier if xP was the the one with the internet and 98 had to connect through it. Xp also stabilizes the connection so that it won't drop out as often.

I've never used Terminal Services before but I hated VNC because of how slow it is. I currently use a program called rAdmin (http://www.famatech.com/). I've never had a problem with it and it's alot faster than VNC. They offer a 30-day trial so give it a shot.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High