(Not so) Monthly Giveaway Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrus

Jul 6, 2003
(Not so) Monthly Giveaway Thread

Donors: Post your giveaway items here. Clearly indicate if your items are anything other than 1.11 SC, so there's no confusion.

Previous thread can be found here.

Edit: Giveaways and the New Trade Rules - I'm just adding a couple of clarifications in light of the new trade rules. Please be aware that runes are still not allowed in giveaways. Also, the New Trader Probation period does not apply for giveaways. -Cat

Thank you to our generous donors

Receivers: Please read the following FAQ (authored by Silverbolt)
------------------------------------------------------------------
The SPF Giveaway Thread Guide

Among the many wonderful benefits to being a member of the SPF is access to the Giveaway Thread. This thread is stickied at the top of the page and is refreshed every week or so by the moderators. Inside this thread, various SPF members will donate their time and spare items to those in need. This does require some effort on the part of the donor. The purpose of this guide is to make new members of the SPF aware of the traditional procedures of the Giveaway Thread, which will make things easier on the donors.

0. You cannot give away runes or runewords. No exceptions.

1. The Giveaway Thread is NOT a Beg for Items Thread.

This is noted in the first post of every Giveaway Thread, but it bears repeating. Begging for items is discouraged. Peruse the various giveaways for the item that you need. If you're patient, someone will have it soon. However, if it's a highly valued item (like most TC87's, high-end runes, etc. /edit - under current rules, both trading and giveaway runes is banned - Hrus/) you're better off looking to the trade thread. Having said that, there are still giveaways that include some of those, so don't despair!

2. Introduce yourself first!

Most donors prefer that a member post an intro thread before they ask for any items. This accomplishes two things. First, it lets the donor know that you have an interest in contributing to the SPF community. Second, it allows the SPF regulars to greet you properly. And just to clarify further, this should be done as a separate thread, not a post in the Giveaway Thread itself.

3. Each individual giveaway has its own rules.

Make sure you read those rules and abide by them, especially when it comes to limits on what you can ask for. Each giveaway is different, as some will have lots of restrictions to make it interesting and/or fair, and others are just free-for-alls. Also, this guide will apply when no other rules are specified. Donors are free to refer directly to this guide, or to make their own rules. If you always read the first post, you'll be doing the donor, as well as yourself, a favor.

4. Be respectful of the donor's wishes as well as other members.

This concerns the issue of trading an item you just received in a giveaway. If a donor lists in their rules that they do not want to see the items in the trade thread, please be considerate of that. In reality, there is little anyone can do to control what you do with the items once you have received them. However, it is often considered bad form for you to take items and then trade them for "profit" when the donor has stated that they do not want that to happen. On the other hand, if you want to put the item in a giveaway of your own later, that is perfectly acceptable, even encouraged! As for respecting other members, try not to grab all the uber items in a giveaway even if the donor hasn't posted any limits. Think about what you need or most want first, and prioritize from there. Common courtesy is what keeps this forum one of the best places on the 'net, so please think about that when using the Giveaway Thread.

5. Remember to ask a specific donor.

I can't emphasize this enough. There are often multiple giveaways going at once, and they may have a lot of the same items. If you don't mention in your post who you're requesting items from, it will take that much longer for you to receive your items. This is because one of the donors will post to the thread asking if you're referring to them or someone else. If you happen to have widely disparate login times, it could be a while before you see this post and amend your error. Again, do yourself and them a favor and nip that in the bud.

6. Don't forget your email!

This one's pretty self-explanatory. If you don't post your email, the donor can't send you the items. If you're worried about your email getting grabbed by spambots or something similar, feel free to spread it out so it's not posted as an email link. Many of us do that, and it's no problem.

7. Be patient.

Don't expect to get your mule within a few minutes of posting your request, or even necessarily on the same day. Each donor has a different schedule and process for distributing requests. Sending out mules is a time-consuming process, so please respect that. However, if the donor has already posted that he has sent all mules and you still haven't received it, there may be an email problem. At that point, either send a Private Message (PM, the best option) or post in the giveaway thread (acceptable, but not necessary) that you haven't received it yet. The donor will then do their best to resolve the issue and get you your items.

8. Let the donor know you've received the items.

We here at the SPF strive to play the game legitimately. One way to help prevent accidental duplicate items from entering the giveaway/trade pool is to delete mules after they've been sent. Donors will keep them until notified otherwise, in case there are email problems. However, most of them will eventually delete them if you do not respond. So, it's just the polite thing to do for the donors and for the community.

9. Remember to thank the donors.

This should go without saying, but I will for the sake of completeness. It takes time and effort to organize a giveaway, even the small ones. So be polite and don't forget to thank the donor when you ask for their items.

10. Miscellany

If you're a PC user, by all means download ATMA at http://atma.purediablo.com! This handy tool makes muling and storing items a breeze, with none of the stench of battle.net about it. Most items are sent through ATMA as .d2s character files, although large requests may be sent in .d2x ATMA stash files. If you're on a Mac, you cannot use ATMA without an additional software solution, so make sure you notate that you need your items sent via .d2s files.

Flavie reports are a common tool for donors to use to list the items they have available. It is much easier to update than retyping each individual item. This report is an HTML page that lists, in various formats and colors, each unique and set item in the game and divides them into categories. If there is a number other than 0 next to an item, it is available. If there is no number at all next to an item, it is just part of the list and is NOT available.

Unless otherwise noted, items given away are typically from patch 1.10/1.11, softcore, non-ladder (1.10/1.11 SCNL). Donors will notate in their giveaway posts if the items are from any other patch, or especially if they are from hardcore mode or from ladder play. Finally, if you have any questions about a specific giveaway, direct a PM to the specific donor, or email if the donor posted their email address. If you follow these simple guidelines, you'll be enjoying your new items in no time.

May I be the first donor of this thread by offering:

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
Durability: 50 of 50
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 42
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x88758c4a
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+20% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Chance to cast Level 1 Teleport when struck

It seemed a shame to just sell it :sad2:

Free to whoever wants it. Version 1.11b, vanilla, SC, dropped from Hell Meph.

Atil said:
May I be the first donor of this thread by offering:

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
Durability: 50 of 50
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 42
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x88758c4a
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+20% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Chance to cast Level 1 Teleport when struck

It seemed a shame to just sell it :sad2:

Free to whoever wants it. Version 1.11b, vanilla, SC, dropped from Hell Meph.
well it seems I've been lucky to log in just in time.
Thanks for your offer
my mail:
[email protected]

all of the following items are lod vanilla 1.11b or whatever the latest bnet patch is. if you'd like any of it please pm me and we can meet in a tct/ip games or you can teach me how to send items in my atma storage.

I'm just going to list them bc i never got that fara program to work. I'm only going to list the ones I figure most likely to be useful to you. I've got tons of set and lesser uniques pgems etc that you might be searching for so feel free to ask. ok here's the list of the stuff:

ps someone called hrus closed my thread so i am posting this here. these items were all found legit within the past couple weeks or when i started playing sp and i thought some of this stuff would help you guys out

Armor:
skin of vipermagi
que hegan's wisdom
shaftstop
spirit shroud
trang oul's scales
2125 eth gladiator's bane (only good for merc obv)

Shields:
lidless wall (p diamond)
moser's blessed circle
tiamat's rebuke

Belts:
credendum
goldwrap
IK detail
mavina's tenet
string of ears

Boots:
aldur's advance
IK pillar
natalya's soul
tearhaunch

Gloves:
frostburns
chance guards
laying of hands

Helms:
+9 to Life, 6% Life stolen per hit, +2 to Amazon Skill Levels
Kira's guardian
griswold's valor
natalya's totem
peasant crown
tal rasha's crest
IK will
valkyrie wing

Amulets:
Saracen's chance
+1 to Energy, +43 to Mana, All Resistances +9, 15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items, +1 to Amazon Skill Levels, 5% Chance to cast Level 3 Frost Nova when struck

Rings:
nature's peace
raven frost
+15 to Dexterity, +76 to Attack Rating, Damage Reduced by 2, Lightning Resist +15%, 6% Life stolen per hit

Weapons:
lots of these. i'll only list the better ones:
Buriza do kyanon
Hellrack
blade of ali baba
sorc orb (+2 all skills, 37 life, 31 fire res, 32 cold res, rep life +3, 20% fast cast, +1 froz orb, lvl 4 meteor charges)
spire of honor
arioc's needle
the reaper's toll
wizardspike
bartuc's cutthroat
jade talon
eth shadow killer (indestructible)
glimmershread
titan's revenge
suicide branch
ume's lament
razorswitch
Heaven's light
bloodtree stump
ik maul
Ethereal Edge
razor's edge

Arizona said:
ps someone called hrus closed my thread so i am posting this here. these items were all found legit within the past couple weeks or when i started playing sp and i thought some of this stuff would help you guys out
Pssst, dude. The "someone called hrus" is your forum moderator. You may want to consider re-reading the advice he gave you there, then follow it. Else your stay here will be less-than-fun...

So you started playing SP a couple weeks ago, and found all of these giveaway items already? Usually that means you have at least one of these already. So what is your MFing character?

@Arizona, what did you not understand about posting an intro thread?
It's a good habit here (explanation about it in the SPFForum FAQ, I hope you read it already) and it is required for starting to host giveaways and trading.

About how we ususally trade/give items via mail:
Someone wants some of your items and leave you an email address here. You will just create a stash or a lvl1 mule character in Atma. Then just move the requested items there. Then send the stash (or mule) as an attachement via email. Then you wait and after the receiving of mail with stash is confirmed -you delete the stash (mule).

And please, keep open what items were given to whom, don't run the giveaway via PMs.

From Arizona's giveaway:
Glimmershred
Nature's Peace
The rare/crafted ring: +15 to Dexterity, +76 to Attack Rating, Damage Reduced by 2, Lightning Resist +15%, 6% Life stolen per hit

Email transaction is preferable: gertlex at gmail.com

Alterego: yes i found all this stuff since 2 weeks ago when i started playning some sp. "Usually that means you have at least one of these already" <--i don't know what you mean. my mf character is a 87 blizz fireball sorc wearing several of the items i'm offering i n the givewaway (I'm giving away all my good stuff).

Hrus: I'm not going to make an intro thread. thx for the tip on sending items by mule i will do that.

Chains of str: sure thing and they are of course legit. i need your email address though

Cowkillerzz: ok but I need your email

Gertlex: I'll send the items sometime today or tomorrow when i get a chance

Hrus said:
@Arizona, what did you not understand about posting an intro thread?
It's a good habit here (explanation about it in the SPFForum FAQ, I hope you read it already) and it is required for starting to host giveaways and trading.

Arizona said:
Hrus: I'm not going to make an intro thread

:shocked:

Hm... :scratch:

NHF, but IMO accepting his items isn't a good idea. Whole case is a bit suspicious and he isn't showing any intent to become a member of our community anyway. Just because items are free doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful just like in tradeing.

I don't know what NHF means but anyways I'm just trying to be generous and help some of you out since I am not going to play d2 anymore. you ppl are too cynical about what I'm trying to do i'm just trying to be a nice guy ok. and i'm not creating an intro thread bc i'm not going to be playing this game as i said.

so nex plz do not scare ppl away from requesting items. i don't need them but want those of you who could use them to enjoy them

EDIT : Sorry Cattleya...Now my post is useless but until I find out if someone is legit I will not accept items sorry Arizona but good luck to you on your giveaway...

Arizona

First off, I want to point out that there is no current evidence of any problems with Arizona's items, so lets not start a witch hunt.

Second, Arizona, you need to understand that this communitiy has some pretty strict rules about trading and items. Since you don't seem to be interested in the community here (which is fine, by the way) the people here have a right to be wary of your items. This increases the chances that you may accidentally trade items that will cause problems for the people you give them to, since you don't want to take the time to learn what is and is not acceptable here. So, please understand this and do not take offence.

irok: I've never cheated at any game and ithink those players who do are not only pathetic lazy asses who suck at video games but also ruin it for everyone else. thanks for your unwarranted accusation.

cattleya: i understand that some ppl might be suspicious aboiut me and that's fine. if some players don't want my items that cool i'm just putting them out there for those who want them and do not think I am trying to take over the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High