New member just saying hello

smloeffelholz

Jun 15, 2018
So I joined the forum in order to trade a Zod rune that I found this week. After posting about the rune in the trade forum, I was told that it is customary to introduce yourself before jumping right into trades. Especially when it is a trade involving the rarest rune in the game, and no one will ever believe that it is legit. Still, I have played D2 for years and this seems like a pretty neat community.

I first started playing D2 in 2001. I didn't have internet at the time, so I only played single player. I was terrible at the game, and thought it was the hardest game in the world.

Once I went to college, I got into Bnet, then D2Jsp, then ruined the game for myself by making it feel like a job. Last year, I discovered GoMule which made single player immensely fun again. I have been playing pretty steadily ever since. Hopefully this forum helps me to find more ways to enjoy the game.

Hello, hello!

If you're looking for a new way to enjoy D2, you haven't lived until you've played a character through one of the many tournaments hosted here! They provide a great challenge and often force you to use equipment and strategies that you wouldn't otherwise.

Nice job on the Zod, I've yet to see a real one.

We simians may refer to you merely as "sir", if we prefer a less...syllable-intensive workout...

Welcome! Watch out for seemingly innocent scrolls of Inifuss or resistances, they can do all sorts of weird thing to a charcter, it is said...;)

I was terrible at the game, and thought it was the hardest game in the world.
So true... And it was also the scariest.

We simians may refer to you merely as "sir", if we prefer a less...syllable-intensive workout...

Welcome! Watch out for seemingly innocent scrolls of Inifuss or resistances, they can do all sorts of weird thing to a charcter, it is said...;)

So true... And it was also the scariest.

An obscure character quote and quest knowledge about another of my favorite games. I like you already!

Hello, hello!

Nice job on the Zod, I've yet to see a real one.

I was so stunned when it dropped. It is only the 4th HR I have found in single player. Then after the excitement wore off I wondered, "What the hell am I going to do with it?"

Welcome, and hope you will consider joining some tourneys. Lots of fun to be had round these parts!

Welcome to the SPF! Enjoy your stay!

But in the name of Zod God, don't you go trading self found Zods! :eek: It could very well be a once in a life-time opportunity to make something cool with it ;)

Welcome to the SPF! Enjoy your stay!

But in the name of Zod God, don't you go trading self found Zods! :eek: It could very well be a once in a life-time opportunity to make something cool with it ;)

I have already browsed through the Zod God thread, and I am honored to be addressed by the Zod God himself so early in my presence on this forum. I am humbled by your welcome.

Still, I beseech you to remember what it was like to be a lowly mortal like myself. Poor, under-equipped, and beleaguered my characters walk the realms of Sanctuary, unable to quickly travel to their desired location. Although they admire the Zod rune from afar, it is no more relief to their blistered feet than the mountain of green breast plates behind Charsi's shop.

I feel that your long reign and the dizzying heights of your power have warped your view of reality. Countless hours of running have burned the sight from your eyes and numbed your lightning fast hands. Time no longer has meaning, as all the world is dust compared to your everlasting array of equipment.

Please have pity on me, for I am weak. I have few powerful runewords to assist my champions in the never-ending quest for better loot. I am willing to trade eternal power for a sliver of what makes others great, and I ask for your forgiveness.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High