New Computer Satur-daily!

logoutzero

Nov 9, 2005
RL: Man, oh man. I've been away for some time now, haven't had time for anything. My job has me working ~150 miles (~240km for the "regular" people in the rest of the world :yes:) from home. We leave Monday mornings before the sun comes up, and get back Friday evenings after the sun has gone down. ~15 hour days, working in a secure Naval warehouse. It's been rough, and it looks like we have about 2 weeks left on this job. Found out this week that my company has put in bids for at least two more big-ish jobs in the same area, so we might be working away from home for the foreseeable immediate future. The money is pretty decent, but being away from loved ones is taking its toll.

So, with some new, hard-earned cash, I decided to hit some pawn shops and gun shops. Got myself a decent little desktop rig, nothing fantastic, but it can run everything out, came with a 2TB hard disc, and 4GB of RAM. Decent little dual core 2.6 I think. All in all a decent rig, came with I think a 26" monitor (haven't measured it) and all for under $150 out the door. Pretty decent score in my book.

Gun store was a totally different story. Our great country's current administration seems to think they need to buy up all the ammo, since they can't outlaw the weapons. I was looking for some .40 S&W, could only find hollow points. Great for fleshy, unarmored types, but I really need some regular ball ammo. Shelves are bare. Couldn't hardly find any 7.62 NATO, but managed to score 2 boxes of some Russian stuff. Ended up getting a decent deal on a Mossberg Model 500 12 gauge pump-action. No shells to be had anywhere.

D2: Haven't touched it in 3 full weeks now, minus a few Act 5/CS/WSK/Pit/Andy runs last Sunday with my Fishy just to keep my sanity. I cubed up a Hoto for him, jeez that is alot of spellpower for the buck. I'm currently hunting for more runes to try for Enigma, but it isn't really needed. Hoto, Spirit, Bone, and Harlequin's Crest is a fat ton of skills, and while the Teleport could lead to insane efficiency, I feel it is overkill. I had 2 SoJ's at one point, but I deeded one, and the other currently lives with Pharphis. I think more MF could help, but it seems like I pretty much get 2 or 3 set/uniques per run now with something like 70%. I think I want to load up on a few more +skills, and start going for Summoning GCs. Anyway, I plan to take my new computer up to the job with me, I might get in some time throughout the week.

HC MP crowd, I know I have been promising to get us a full sized Hamachi going, I will. My old laptop wasn't really up for the task of staying always on to host a chat network for us, but now that I have a dedicated gaming rig, I can get away with it. It's coming, I promise.

P.S.
I miss you guys...

OVG: Have been toting around a Nintendo 3DS for the ride to/from the Naval base every week, and getting in a couple hours a night on Pokemon White V2. I am so lost. I know all of the first generation. I know a fair bit of the second generation. I have no idea what generation this game is, but holy moly there has to be a million Pokemon now. I've just got my second badge and already have 40-something in my Pokedex. But, it is fun to play a game you know nothing about, once in a while. I give it another 10-20 hours before I trade it in for R/B/Y.

Yo! I've been wondering when I'd have to return your SoJ :p

Hopefully you'll get a bit of a break to play with us and chat and such before going off again soon.

I stopped playing pokemon after ruby, for some reason. I guess I couldn't bring myself to get another one when my Shuckle needed all of my attention. I should probably go attempt battle tower again. . .

D2: Nothing
OVG: Might paly an hour or so of poker tonight. Exhausted from today and tomorrow and all next week. Yes, I'm just exhausted thinking about all my lab reports and midterms.

RL: Today I helped host the chemistry demos and magic show at my university of our annual "college royal", and it was a blast. More burning salts tomorrow (more exciting than the demo normally is, I swear!)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High