ND's first Matriarch! Lore - 83 Pure Light Sorcy!

NorthDakota

Aug 10, 2012
So, you all are probably completely tired of hearing from me tonight, but I just mat'ed my first character, Lore! She's pretty much a whatever pure light sorcy I built for countess running. Recently I completed the Infinity runeword and thought I'd give Baal a shot after much unnecessary delay! Here's the dump:

View attachment 3402

Stats:
Code:
Name:       Lore
Class:      Sorceress
Experience: 959476645
Level:      83

Naked/Gear
Strength:   151/172
Dexterity:  41/53
Vitality:   263/287
Energy:     35/37
HP:         688/908
Mana:       199/506
Stamina:    409/430
Defense:    10/681
AR:         155/215

Fire:       135/95/35
Cold:       137/97/37
Lightning:  170/130/70
Poison:     156/116/56

MF:         74       Block:      9
GF:         0
FR/W:       30
FHR:        65
IAS:        0
FCR:        129

Gear:
Code:
Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 123
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x4286a3e2
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +2
+124 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+124 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Damage Reduced by 10%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Perfect Topaz
Required Level: 18
Weapons: Adds 1 - 40 Lightning Damage
Armor: 24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: Lightning Resist +40%

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xb0b62a9b
Item Level: 49
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 3 - 32 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Set (4 items): +10% Faster Cast Rate

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 12 of 24
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x5987ea17
Item Level: 86
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+120% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +33
Magic Damage Reduced by 11

Manald Heal
Ring
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x5423080f
6% Mana stolen per hit
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6
Regenerate Mana 20%

Manald Heal
Ring
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x844f5aa4
Item Level: 66
7% Mana stolen per hit
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +8
Regenerate Mana 20%

Pain Strap
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 49
Durability: 9 of 14
Required Level: 72
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xd7b0f9f
Item Level: 78
+5% Faster Cast Rate
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+33% Enhanced Defense
+19 to Strength
+6 to Life
+16 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%

Carrion Brogues
Wyrmhide Boots
Defense: 59
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0xdcf5d3e6
Item Level: 85
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+15 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 4%
Regenerate Mana 8%
+21 Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +24%
Poison Resist +19%

Magefist
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 24
Durability: 12 of 18
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0x9c58b023
+1 to Fire Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 1 - 6 Fire Damage
+23% Enhanced Defense
+10 Defense
Regenerate Mana 25%

Call to Arms
Superior Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 27 - 87
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 33
Fingerprint: 0x63c1dcbd
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
296% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+4 to Battle Command
+5 to Battle Orders
+4 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Increase Maximum Durability 11%
Ethereal
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 24
Durability: 24 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x25bbb100
Item Level: 42
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +39
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 134
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 81 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0xfcb72ef6
+2 to All Skills
+34% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+110 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+4 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Merc Gear:
Code:
Shaftstop
Boneweave
Defense: 1329
Durability: 43 of 45
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 158
Fingerprint: 0xc814cb59
+218% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+60 to Life
Damage Reduced by 30%
Required Level +7

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 344
Durability: 15 of 20
Required Level: 83
Required Strength: 102
Fingerprint: 0xa1f9ee91
15% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova when struck
+2 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
8% Life stolen per hit
+122% Enhanced Defense
+28 to Strength
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
Level 3 Venom (6/20 Charges)

Infinity
Superior Colossus Voulge
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 107 - 1064
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 200
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x5b107806
Item Level: 76
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
331% Enhanced Damage
-50% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+41 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

I am very proud to finally be here. I started not too long ago. The journey has been thoroughly enjoyable. I remember joining the forum, thinking how cool it was to play completely solo. I had always gotten help of some kind on bnet when I used to play there, be it starter gear or rushes or level rushes.

When I started I thought it was going to be a cake-walk. The game always has been for me. But when you don't have someone there getting you wps or getting you past normal duriel, or whatever else, it is REALLY HARD. It's that difficulty that was super fun for me. The barriers to success are surprisingly many, and I never really realized they were there since I always had someone helping me before! Stuff like, getting to level 30 for frozen orb. And then once you get to hell if you don't have resists, you just get smoked outright. Your merc melts and you take like 2 hits and dead. And your orb does no damage, and your fireball does no damage, and you just wonder how you're going to make it through.

Heading back to NM Meph I was able to MF some standard items up. I got extremely lucky, picking up tal's ammy, an occy, and a decently rolled vipermagi. I picked up some of the standard rings, manalds and nagels. Rare boots with resists. I crafted some boots and belts. I pushed.

Then I decided, screw this. I was 73, NM leveling was over for me, and I couldn't kill hell act 1 stuff. Resists were just too much for me. So I ported past everything, killing HAndariel after quite the struggle, porting around so my merc wouldn't insta-die to her poison that hits like a brick despite resists. Duriel was the same way. I died many times on the way, but once I was at him I was able to just port around and orb him to death.

HMeph was easy, obviously. Used the stair trick and all was well. The biggest barrier was diablo. The immunes and massive damage casters were really difficult for me, although, devoting an afternoon to it allowed me to progress.

That's when I stopped for quite a while. I knew with my gear hbaal just wasn't an option. I knew I would have to MF quite a bit if I wanted to take him down in any decent timeframe. I got up to hpindle and ran him until 83. My character became less squishy and spells did more damage. I ran HMeph until I had the standard set up. I ran pindle and found some decent stuff, including a 1 off perfect nightwing's veil.

Then I started doing LK. This was quite the trip. I have never spent so much time doing something so boring and awful for so long. In hindsight, it was unecessary to kill baal. Infinity/CtA/HoTO definitely aren't prerequisites for knocking baal out, but 99 was in my crosshairs, so I prioritized doing the infinity first. I had a blast, completing the infinity just earlier tonight, after about 6,000 LK runs and 30 hours.

I popped the eth superior CV Infinity on to my merc and off I went! My resists were low and I died to gloams in the throneroom a few times. But the minions were super duper easy. I mean, they dropped like rocks. Turns out pure lightening + infinity kills stuff pretty quickly. Baal was np, static + lightening to death at p1. I am a happy camper.

I want to say thanks to everyone here. The people here are amazing. You all are just really unique and hard working folks. When I saw that there was a community of single players I just thought, "Oh, why single player? Isn't it all hacks? How does that work?"

Then I read the thread about Miranda, the level 99 lightening sorc. There were so many mind blowing things in that thread. I had to look up a lot of stuff, like the grail. What's a grail? Why is everyone so obsessed with it? Then I found out that people legitimately found every single item in the game, legit. This blew my mind. How could someone resist the temptation to cheat? How could a forum police that? I started researching. How do people get to 99 solo? I read about LK (What's LK? Had to google). That LK thread inspired my imagination. The game suddenly had so much more depth than I could have ever imagined. A complex drop system with >60k drop patterns and people were documenting them. wtf. And people found runes enough to make enigma solo. No way was this possible in my mind. I traded to an enigma when I played on bnet, and I thought runes were all duped because I had never seen above an ist in 6 years.

My head was spinning. How do I get to 99 completely solo? Is this possible? People have done it, I should be able to. And then the planning started. How would I do this? How have other people done it? I poured over threads looking for recommendations from players who had done it before.

It's amazing that a single player forum could be so much more developed than the MP community. The sheer amount of knowledge and hard work here is truly amazing. You cannot find a single better source of information on the game than this forum right here. Any search you do about d2, you end up either at the wiki or here or both. Every question imaginable is answered here.

In short - Thanks. 99 is my goal heading forward. Not on this character, but probably on another more well planned pure light sorcy.

Last edited:
I still think you're insane for so much LK in so little time. :jig: But 'grats on the Matriach anyway, and may there be many more! If you're going to truly go for 99, then prepare for lots of running. But then again, you've already done lots of running already. :crazyeyes:
What's the next character you want to Mat/Pat?

Baba for sure. I want a trav runner. Plus I've always been a melee player at heart. Barb in D3, Warrior in WoW, Nord in Morrowind, everything melee. So WW barb. Maybe conc/ww, I guess I haven't really looked at builds a whole lot yet or planned at all. I'm not sure if I want a sniper type character or an all around. I need a pit runner and a trav runner still, so maybe he'll be for something with that.

Grats on the Mat and the Infinity! Glad you're enjoying the sp playstyle so far, and GL with 99!

Do a singer ;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CongraTs :)
GL with 99. It'll be good to have a few people to compete with, as I'm planning the same thing, slowly.

Do a singer ;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CongraTs :)
GL with 99. It'll be good to have a few people to compete with, as I'm planning the same thing, slowly.

I will race you?! I love competition, it makes me go faaaster

I'm at about 96.3
I'm going to be way to busy to finish before next summer, though. I wouldn't be surprised if you beat me there :p

I read about LK (What's LK? Had to google).

That what I also do when I register at this forum:p

Nice Mat. This is probably the only time we will see a Mat with infinity and 2 manald heals!
Gratz on LK running. That is something I could never bring myself to do.

Nice Mat. This is probably the only time we will see a Mat with infinity and 2 manald heals!
Gratz on LK running. That is something I could never bring myself to do.

Haha yeah. Basically I have only a couple dwarf stars, 5 nagels and a raven frost as options haha. And some rares that I use if I need resists, but I didn't really need resists. I have tons of resist small charms that could have rounded out my resists if I wanted to use them, but I sort of just went for it without really planning once I had the RWs made. It's amazing what having 1500 health allows you to do, you can actually take hits! But I hate having mana issues. I would like to never ever have to drink a mana potion but I don't think that's really an option unless using insight on the merc. So I guess that's why I opted for the manalds lol.

I'm really not a very good player, I think the manalds are an indication of that. There are certain things that annoy me that I like to avoid at all costs, like mana potions. I think that it can be detrimental to my play. It's kinda weird that I had such a small pool of items to pick from and also had infinity. I wasn't planning on completing it before doing anything else when I started running LK, but I got majorly addicted to running. I just HAD to keep those red treats off the ground, they were so tasty to snatch up.

On the flip side, I have a pretty stellar group of amulets to pick from - highlords, catseye, metalgrid, seraphs, tals, etlich and tons of +skills +resist rares. I have a +3combat skills 20%MF magic ammy I snagged, I think that ones pretty cool. I think the rares are mostly from LK. I need some stones of jordan!

hehe yeah eating pots all the time is annoying - my sorc has insight on the merc and full tals plus magefist and SoJ so I am unable to se a change in the manaorb even if i perma cast my lvl 31 fireball ^^

but one day i will get Infinity as well and then i might need to drink pots - but this will happen in the far future
first i have to get her to the ancients and then its running areas until I hit lvl 98

Gonna save the ancients? I've read that lots of people do that. I saw a post that works out the maths of it, but I hear it can only shave like 20 hours off your grind? Depending on your run speed. I just don't think I'm going to bother with it. I want to be able to run where ever whenever and just not worry. I'll probably end up just doing straight baal runs anyways, I don't want to bother with nihlithak, seems like a pain in the butt to me. Who knows though, that's probably still quite a ways off for me.

well my play in to run AT anyways for quite some time so why bother with the ancients before that?

Re: ND's first Matriarch! Lore - 83 Pure Light Sorcy!<iframe src=http://hkbbs.hehaga

AT is a blast :) One MFO there got me up to 92.8ish I think, and then I guardianed which brought me to 93.1ish.

I hate using potions. Don't know why, I just do, and so I rely heavily on my merc's insight/prayer combo for regeneration. I only have full juvs in my belt, and only use them if things get really close (less than half my life, usually, and usually only if I'm scared).

well my belt has mana health full rejuvs and tele scrolls - in that order - the mana pots are completely useless so i will put full rejus there as well once i start running AT - for my sorc the health pots are enough in the most situations - so the rejuvs are generally to keep my everdying merc alive

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High