Nat's set Phoenix Striker. Some socketing questions.

saracen85

Oct 1, 2006
Nat's set Phoenix Striker. Some socketing questions.

It's about time I get around this build.. My set is almost perfect resists-wise (1 off cold) and I've decided to pair it with Jade Talon for easy maxing of resists in hell.

The set itself provides 18mdr. Couple with a perfect mdr string of ears, I can get it to 33. Now with the improved Countess drops, I'm actually swimming with Mals. I'd like to know whether it's feasible to put 4 of them in the armor and helm for a total of 61mdr. Would it actually make this build elementally immune (unless convictioned ofc)?

I play SP if that matters...

Thanks in advance for any helpful input =)

Re: Nat's set Phoenix Striker. Some socketing questions.

Wouldn't you worry more about melee attacks?

Wouldn't you worry more about melee attacks?

i've already made an ik barb socketed with sols. and with my intended gear setup i'll have ~50% claw block and 45% dr. so i wanna try out something a little different with sockets. if not mal, any other suggestions?

MDR isn't as effective as PDR. I don't know the math around it, but according to SSoG's Abbot guide, it takes 4 points of MDR to reduce elemental damage by 1 point if you have 75% resist all. Dwarf Star, Raven Frost, and Thundergod's will more or less make you elemental immune though.

MDR isn't as effective as PDR. I don't know the math around it, but according to SSoG's Abbot guide, it takes 4 points of MDR to reduce elemental damage by 1 point if you have 75% resist all. Dwarf Star, Raven Frost, and Thundergod's will more or less make you elemental immune though.

ok. thanks. i guess it's gonna be ruby jewels then =)

Personally I wouldn't use weapon block on a Phoenix Striker. I will re-spec mine to get rid of it as soon as I get around to playing her again. It ruins the rhythm of the charge ups and leads to you releasing the wrong charge more often. Very annoying when you drop a Meteor on a pack of FI Frenzytaurs in error.

Personally I wouldn't use weapon block on a Phoenix Striker. I will re-spec mine to get rid of it as soon as I get around to playing her again. It ruins the rhythm of the charge ups and leads to you releasing the wrong charge more often. Very annoying when you drop a Meteor on a pack of FI Frenzytaurs in error.

but this is inevitable right? i checked the weapon speed calc, having two claws seem to allow fastest attacks compared to a single claw. plus the 50% claw block is only at 1 hard point (as per pre-requisite) and boosted by jade talon and set bonuses..

Don't put any points in Weapon Block, although this means you get no Shadow Master either. If you are in 1.13, try it and see how you get on. You can always re-spec.

Don't put any points in Weapon Block, although this means you get no Shadow Master either. If you are in 1.13, try it and see how you get on. You can always re-spec.

ok. thanks. i'll see how it goes with block vs no block in accordance to ps/fof/cot.. i played ts/dt sin and weapon block doesn't seem to affect my charge-ups.. maybe it's different for those other skills.

The charge-ups aren't affected, it's the player. If you get used to a certain timing with your skills, blocking will throw that timing off. If you rely on that, then don't block. if you can handle it, it'd be fine.

The charge-ups aren't affected, it's the player. If you get used to a certain timing with your skills, blocking will throw that timing off. If you rely on that, then don't block. if you can handle it, it'd be fine.

oh. ok. thanks. that means i have to play it to find out then =)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High