Question My Diablo 2 dilemma

Valrossen

Jan 31, 2016
Hello, I come to you all for advice.

I've been playing Single Player Diablo 2 Resurrected on my Nintendo Switch for quite a while. According to the Switch I'm currently at 405 hours.

While I've enjoyed the Switch (possibility to play D2 anywhere was a dream come true) | now have my hands on something better, a Steam Deck.

With my Deck I can now sync the saves between my PC and my Deck so I can play on either, and also more easily backup my save files.

Here comes my problem, since the Switch is a locked system I cannot retrieve my save files to continue playing on them on the Deck/PC.

Somewhere inside me I tell myself the only right thing is to start over.

But at the same time l'm tempted to download a trainer and replicate my Switch saves on my PC, because the only thing stopping me from doing it is basically that the Switch is a locked system.

Please advise.

TL;DR Is it morally correct to use an editor to create a copy of a character that you have on a different system because of technical limitations?

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd start over on PC/Steam Deck. And probably also keeping playing my characters on Switch as well :LOL:

I play D2R, offline single player, exclusively on Switch. If I ever added another copy of D2R on PC or PS/Xbox, then I'd probably split it up like only SC on Switch and HC on the other. Just to keep them both relevant.

Also, an idea/question: The Switch does have a microSD card slot. If you transferred your D2R game and save data to an SD card then I wonder if you could read it on PC? I dunno, but maybe worth a try..?

I'd strongly suggest just starting fresh. I was like you first on Switch, then to PC and depending what build you do, its not too much time before you are leveling up and in a state where you can start to get cool items again. It also means you get that dopamine rush when you get Sigon's items! and all sorts of things. So yes there is a bit of a temporary slowdown, but its worth it

Diablo is more of a journey than a destination. and as a Switch player moving back to PC, its so SO much more friendly and efficient to play. I'm not sure what it would be like on a steam deck, but escape to save and quit etc, runs are more fun and i'd want to do more.

But at the same time l'm tempted to download a trainer and replicate my Switch saves on my PC, because the only thing stopping me from doing it is basically that the Switch is a locked system.

Please advise.

TL;DR Is it morally correct to use an editor to create a copy of a character that you have on a different system because of technical limitations?

If you do it is up to you, but it is definately not allowed on this forum. (See The Rules)

Also, an idea/question: The Switch does have a microSD card slot. If you transferred your D2R game and save data to an SD card then I wonder if you could read it on PC? I dunno, but maybe worth a try..?

I tried it when D2R came out, there is no way to see the save files that I could determine. Maybe someone has found something since then.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High