Moving (barely) Mondaily

Jan 29, 2009
Moving (barely) Mondaily

This'll be a short one.

RL: Running slow thusfar, didn't sleep well last night for no good reason again. The rest of the day should be fairly usual. *yawn*

D2: zzzzzzzzzz

That is all.

Re: Moving (barely) Mondaily

RL: Got back to DC from NY (visiting gf). Slept for ~5 hours, woke up at 4:30, saw text that 5:30 appointment canceled, slept until 5:30, hit 6:30 appointment, back home now for ~4 hours for some laundry, poker, and D2. Also contemplating how to get rid of the giant tree that fell on my house over the weekend.

D2: leveling up my barb, who is mired at lvl 24 in A3. Ugh. Doing runs of that superunique just in front of LK, because that seems to net some decent exp.

I find the flayer jungle very good for xp up to level 29 or so(on players 8), but with a barb that might be difficult. You should try the temples in the kurast bazaar, causeway, and upper kurast.

RL: Ungh. If I move, I get instantly covered in sweat. Yes, it's that hot.

D2: Yes. Involves little moving. Got my strafer/FA zon in to the pit. Managed to roll a 'line' type map, so clearing it a few times. It takes a long time to do it though, since she's underequipped. -43 fire res in HC. Yeah :coffee:

RL: not much... just gunna sleep all day i think. too hot to go out and do anything. :nod:

D2: just started my first HC char yesterday (fury druid) in act 3 now pretty fun, although im afraid of turning players 8 on, for fear of the ever looming death by random swarm of monsters. :whistling:

OVG: nope.

@PinkMonkey: HC will teach you l33t Diablo skillz ;)

RL: 3 hour drive to San Jose today... probably later in the day. Before that: yardwork, house cleaning, blah blah blah.

D2: Got Dracul's for my paladin, so except for a nice pair of shoes, he's pretty much complete. I've given up on ever finding HoZ... they don't exist in my game. I was cursed with an ethereal one once about 5 years ago, and I traded it for a non-eth one that later turned out to be from a cheater. That's my luck. Still, he's practically invulnrable, so the HoZ would just be icing. 90+ elemental resists, and 32% physical to boot... I don't have too many scary moments with him.

Rl: Running, working out, and hanging out with friends.

D2: none

Ovg: Tactics.

RL: Spent the morning memorizing a couple short poems. Probably going to have forgotten them all by the time I'm done here. :badteeth: Busy two weeks coming up, so it's time to get cracking on assignments due later down the line, at least if I want any time at all for the MFO.

D2: Got my Pit map, so no more for now.

OVG: No.

RL: Had my first day of actual work in like 10 months (lololol at uni work...). Walked into my old pharmacy at the end of last week and begged for a summer job at the same time as they begged me to come back and help :) Gonna spend the evening relaxing and cooking, pork loin steaks with apple/cider sauce :)

D2: Gonna run some areas looking for some smexy claws, probably run cows and combine a search for runes.

OVG: Maybe a bit of freedom force, but i am awful at it.

RL: a bit of rain last nice was a pleasant change. Golfed yesterday with my kid and did alright for a change until I noticed I was doing alright and then ended the round with a double and triple bogey... figures.

D2: actually played rather than doing a few lk runs and quitting. Got my poisonmancer up a level to 50. Four more to equip the next piece of trang's set. Levels slowly from what I would think he would... ah the joys of act 1. Got my summoner druid some play time as well.

OVG: MW2 as usual, not much to say about it

RL: Today was the first time i had a car without my dad or someone to peek at me while i'm driving, and it was AWESOME. Just because of that, i took a grand total of 6 hitchhikers in just 3 hours or less.

D2: Meh, i'm working on a new zealot which is just level 21 by now.

OVG: None today.

RL: Just home from the first work day of the week. Got a haircut on the way home (had been waffling between letting it grow again or going short) and stopped into the office of my apartment complex to tell them I'd like to renew my lease. I posted music on FBook all day at work (against company policy! Oooh, what an evil employee I am!) so hopefully people were enjoying the Radiohead, Grandaddy, Badly Drawn Boy, and Sufjan Stevens tracks that I was.

D2: Not yet.

OVG: Torchlight. I don't hate the game, but... I hate how nondescript or wonky everything is. Here's an example: there's a lightning trap where the skill description says "Increases All Damage By 77%." However, there are two other traps (one fire, one physical) that have EXACTLY the same effect. They don't increase damage for a certain element, it's for ALL damage...Why? Why three traps that have practically zero difference between them? For every other question I have, I've checked a forum and the answer to practically everything is "Here's my guess, but only the developers know."

...I miss my D2 dropcalcs and formulae. I miss my Mat/Pat/Guardian thread that gives build advice. I miss useful and helpful responses from an intelligent player base. It's fun enough, sure, but it's no D2. :coffee: Surprise, surprise, right?

Just got accepted into St. John' College in Santa Fe, so I'm super happy. :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High