monsters ignore my mercenary

Tecibbar

Mar 19, 2005
When I run too far away from my mercenary, and after a while my mercenary reappeared(through "teleport"), sometimes the monsters will completely ignore my mercenary, and only go after me/pets. It's funny to see him jabbing blissfully in a horde of cows. Go back to town won't fix it. Only the melee monsters though, the range monsters will still target me,

That occur to me very often, and I post it somewhere couple years ago. Apparently no one else experience the same problem. Does my diablo exist in a parallel universe?

He isn't complaining. But I will. It's annoying when this happens while you need the merc to tank.

It happened to me many times, naturally, I just didn't know what triggers it. I was playing recently and indeed it happens when the merc gets lost and "teleports" back. Good info Tecibbar.

This bug is especially annoying in HC for a caster type. OK - maybe not for a Necrosummoner with 20+ meat shields but for, say, a Bowazon with shoddy gear, it's one of those times where it's just best to SAVE & QUIT to fix this bug.

Interestingly, there was a post* on Blizzard's official website by a CSR hinting at a patch 1.14. The CSR was asking what people thought about removing Concentration's synergy to Blessed Hammer. That thread would be a great place to mention this AI bug.

* For reference this is the thread to which I'm referring: http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/14525512721

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High