Midweek Wednesdaily

Zenigma

Jan 19, 2014
RL: Okay, it's been a long while since I've actually done anything other than a random post in the bar.... Staying really busy at work, I'm in a temporary lead position at work because I've done well with my training program thus far.

A few months ago I started working on a story, and I'm really pleased with my progress. I'm in the middle of writing the prologue, and my friends and family I've shared it with have given me some positive vibes on it. So that's been one of my bigger focuses for now. It's a far larger story than what I had originally intended when the mechanisms in the story first popped into my head, so I have tons of notes and plans and characters... Anyways, it's really exciting to me.

I've started running regularly again, starting a couple weeks ago. (Right after my company weigh-off ended, oops, haha) I'm nearing the time it took me to complete my 5k at the end of last year. So that's nice.

Seeing a handful of friends, too. Which is really nice--I went to Ribfest in Chicago just last weekend. Effin' delicious.

D2: Okay, so after off-and-on (mostly off) playing of my cb sorc, running cs, I've come to the realization that I wasn't enjoying D2 because my cb sorc was too much of one-dimensional character. I have decent enough gear such that it trivializes the game, and I simply wasn't having fun playing the game. At first I thought that it was just time for me to hang up the gloves for a while (which I've done anyways because I couldn't get out of my D2 funk). But yesterday, I had an epiphany that it was just character and not the game.

SOOOOOOOOOOO, I started an untwinked poison necro yesterday. Haven't played too much, but it was far more rewarding an experience as compared to running cs with my cb sorc. What took me so long to realize it was the fact that cb is by far my favorite sorc skill, and the fact that I could be getting bored of it wasn't registering. Maybe he'll get a writeup.

Another mental struggle I'm coping with at the moment is how I have a tendency to not make untwinked characters that I have already found some high-end gear for. It's just mildly frustrating keeping a character untwinked knowing they'll never find that piece of gear on their own (I found a nearly perfect dweb on pindle, but in keeping him untwinked, it won't see use on this character).

Maybe I should approach it as part of the character--knowing it will ultimately not be as good as it CAN be. I already have a poison necro, after all, and that 50/4 dweb is on him right now. Either way, I'm managing my intrinsic disdain of creating characters that I already have an archetype of, let alone further doing it untwinked. Suffice to say, things are looking better than they used to, haha!

OVG: Hearthstone? Haha

...Okay, off to play D2 now that I'm done with that!

Last edited:
RL: did my second ultra run last weekend, which went very well. Other than that, this month is still very busy, but after that things should slow down.

Enjoying the euro championship football so far, although I haven't seen any teams really stand out. That does make games more thrilling though. Looking forward to Belgium's second game, on Saturday. They will have to play a lot better than last time ...

D2: finally got my Sorc to 96, my highest ever. Still enjoying the CS runs she is doing, although it's about time to get a really good drop again

OVG: nothing. System Shock 2 was for dowload for free a couple of days ago, but when I finally had the time to sit behind my own computer, I forgot :(.

@Zenigma I play a lot of hearthstone on my phone. Having lots of fun with a dragon N'zoth palidan deck.

Also congrats on the lead position. Ask your bosses what you need to do to make it permanent.

RL: Deadlifted 410 for 8 on Tuesday which I was happy with and today had 315 on the slingshot bench. Felt really good for rep PRs.

I get up at 5am to go lift, and by the time my daughter goes to bed at night, I am wiped. Every day I go thru the same thing where I tell myself I will play D2 at the end of the day before bed, but I pass out on the couch from exhaustion.

D2: See above :-(

OVG: Hearthsone. Opened a really good Pack:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High