MF Concerns

Re: MF Concerns

The main thing about a sorc (and really any caster-type character) is that it will be more effective to play it as a melee character for the first 15 or so levels. Just put on the first decent-looking weapon you find, switch to /players 8, and start whacking those quill rats :)

Seriously, I do this even when playing twinked. Khalim's Will and Sigon's Complete Steel makes Act I Normal a breeze, and then you actually have the levels to start using your real skills :)

Dropping points into strength isn't a big deal; you can get enough by simply running Rakinishu on /p8 'til clvl12. What's much more difficult will be completing the Sigon's set, or ANY set for that matter, with your first MF character before it becomes useless.

If you're that concerned with the first 30 levels, socket gems into or gamble high damage bows and stick behind an ActII merc. Safe. Your biggest test will be Duriel, but that's just an inconvenience so long as you drop TPs in his lair. Cube rings/ammys all the while looking for MF or +mana gear so that when you reach Eldritch you can spam Blizzards until clvl40. By then, you're a powerhouse.

ill take care of durriel, it will just take time. I'm not quite sure what you mean by getting sigons though, ill just trade for it no? thatll run be about 10 pgems? (how much would that cost hah)

Getting 10 PGems before act2 will be a huge problem with your first character. Sigon`s is only meant to carry your character through to where your killing spells come online. I`m afraid PGems is pretty hard to get by before your character is at that level.

oo my bad, i failed to mention i have a 76 h'din....got about 120 pgems stored up, my apologies. and is 10 pgems worth it for a sigons set?

oo my bad, i failed to mention i have a 76 h'din....got about 120 pgems stored up, my apologies. and is 10 pgems worth it for a sigons set?

I'd sure give you a complete Sigon's set for 10 perfect topaz's. :crazyeyes:

Seriously, it probably isn't worth that much. The guy spreads his crap aroun almost as much as Isenhart.

Uh, if you do want a complete Sigon's set, though, I'd be happy to trade if it's ok by the mods (I haven't been posting long.) I play vanilla, though. No RWM. I'm running low on topaz's.

If you have a level 76 Hammerdin, just run NM Mephisto a couple dozen times, and you'll have a complete Sigon's set :)

I would also recommend to stop and farm NM Andy. She has the highest chance to drop SOJ along with some other low level good stuff.

I wouldn't. The slightly higehr chance of a SoJ isn't worth the loss over overall better item pool, faster + easier runs with the Moat trick and a good map.

SoJ hunting is worth it when you have the basic items down, not before.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High