mauler weapon

mynamesucks

Apr 24, 2006
mauler weapon

just decided to make a mauler bear, and I don't know what weapon to use. Any suggestions would be welcome, and try not to suggest much ladder gear cause I'm pretty well broke now after gearing other chars.

Re: mauler weapon

just decided to make a mauler bear, and I don't know what weapon to use. Any suggestions would be welcome, and try not to suggest much ladder gear cause I'm pretty well broke now after gearing other chars.

A handful of pgems will buy you several elite uniques that are perfectly good for a Mauler.

Also, if you're broke and say you don't want suggestions ... yet ask for suggestions... it's sort of odd. What do you want?

I'll make it easy for you:

Tell us your budget.

Cheers,

You might take a look at the Town Dump Werebear build, using most of the IK set. It would take care of PI's, be decently fast (fine when everything is permastunned from Shockwave), and do nice damage.

If you have CB gear, a 4 or 5 fpa weapon will utterly tear things apart, especially if you're charging maul and using hunger for leeching. As SSoG once said, few things can tear apart a boss faster than a Hungry Kodiak.

I just dont want a lot on LADDER suggestions is all since I play non ladder the only weapons I have currently available to me are botd pb from my wolfbarb and a tombreaver and I have a few hrs to throw around the rest of the gear I think I'm fine on gonna use coh gores dracs when I can get another pair cerebus (from last season)/ jalals dtorch and what not the usual just not sure on what item will hit fast enough I'm think botd pb for dmg and speed but would gris caddy be better? and how much would it cost?

I just dont want a lot on LADDER suggestions is all since I play non ladder the only weapons I have currently available to me are botd pb from my wolfbarb and a tombreaver and I have a few hrs to throw around the rest of the gear I think I'm fine on gonna use coh gores dracs when I can get another pair cerebus (from last season)/ jalals dtorch and what not the usual just not sure on what item will hit fast enough I'm think botd pb for dmg and speed but would gris caddy be better? and how much would it cost?

Heya,

You have a Tombreaver available?

/Thread.

Cheers, :crazyeyes:

Grief PB & EbotdZ > Windhammer> BEAReaver> Caddy for PvM in 'all around' effectiveness.

My non-eth Tomby (Beareaver) jeweled hit something like 200-760 damage but fell short in damage vs Grief/ebotd, plus... you know.. no shield :\. If you try to use eth its just too slow though on a Bear. My jeweled caddy was around 198 damage, and again.. worked wonderful PvP, but fell short PvM in damage in comparison with windhammer, IK, grief, etc.

eBotd PB is bad, I don't know why anyone would do that, that's a cruel thing to do to your runes :*[. eBotd zerker is a great choice though, for just 35%+ Oias it hits 8 fpa and offers great stats and leech.
Couple gg support items like Guilliumes and Highlords will make you a killing machine, and since you might be getting COH you'd be set. That'd be my #1 choice.

This bear was made long ago by me, but was a mauler build around botd GPA.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Master_Zappy/Screenshot002.jpg

as you can see with my conc merc, the damage can get pretty spectacular. One hit kills where by and large the oder of the day pvm. Having gi-normus leach and access to shockwave make things a snap.

wow that is some huge dmg! That was pretty much what I was trying to go for just huge PVM dmg with some survivability. I'm drunk but yeah definitely want huge dmg with survivablility.

This bear was made long ago by me, but was a mauler build around botd GPA.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Master_Zappy/Screenshot002.jpg

as you can see with my conc merc, the damage can get pretty spectacular. One hit kills where by and large the oder of the day pvm. Having gi-normus leach and access to shockwave make things a snap.

Cool. You needed HoW so you can go 3 damage auras though, thatd be pretty pimp'n. :alright:

That's a good idea. What was your deadly strike? use guilliumes and highlords I take it?

I can get 80k on my Mauler. . . . = P

your move Jayson, your move :whistling:
(shoot, he's gonna call my bluff)

Cool. You needed HoW so you can go 3 damage auras though, thatd be pretty pimp'n. :alright:

That's a good idea. What was your deadly strike? use guilliumes and highlords I take it?

your exactly right :)

I normaly did use how, that blue wave thingy on baal killed it, (also lowering my damage and ar)

Why would you ever make botd in a phase blade?

And what's gpa? Grief phase axe?

Why would you ever make botd in a phase blade?

And what's gpa? Grief phase axe?

Breath of the Dying Great Pole Axe.

botd in a pb is 99.9% a waste , but there is two builds that come to mind where this would be a pretty respectable wep.

If you can't take advantage of the indestructible mod, the only reason to take botd I think would be the ias. Only ww barbs and shapeshifters care about whether the ias is on the weapon or not I think. Other builds would rather use ias jewels or get a faith merc or something, at least for double damage

WW barbs still reach the fastest frames with ebotd zerkers I think. For shapeshifters in need of speed and high damage and a shield, grief would be better, and I can't say grief is a whole lot more expensive than botd.

I'm beaten. Which builds?

Yea, not really a good idea for almost any build..hm

Maybe as a fireclaw, if you want the sexy +30 attributes and a lil' life leech and sac a lil speed.

Also... This is sorta a rare build, but maybe also as an alternative to Azurewrath for a Melee Necro build.. maybe synergize poison nova upon killing. Would provide good stats and similar damage. Otherwise I'm tapped outta options >.<

Actually, there was a recent discussion in the nec forum about a botd meleemancer. Still, since the ctc is on kill, I think a zerker would be better anyway

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High