Matriarch Tutuwoneonetoo – ES Ranged Enchantress (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Matriarch Tutuwoneonetoo – ES Ranged Enchantress

Level: 88

St – 80 (124)
Dx – 95 (153)
Vt – 155 (179)
En – 200 (224)

HP: 569
Mana: 736

Resists:

Fire: 90 [with Resist Fire Aura]
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Enchant: 20 (39 on switch)
Warmth: 20 (34)
Fire Mastery: 20 (34)
Energy Shield: 16 (29 on switch)
Telekinesis: 16 (24)

Prerequisites: 1

Damage: 9.3K – 11K
AR: 13,110 after BA

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Sheal” Demon Machine

Weapon 2:

Mang Song’s Lesson

“Flickering Flame” Great Helm [ +6 Fire Resist Aura, -15 Fire Resist]
“CoH” Dusk Shroud
Magefist
Infernostride
Razortail
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
BKWB & Raven Frost
Fire Sunder & STorch

Merc (Act 2 – Blessed Aim)

Eth Andariel’s Visage
“Treachery” Hellforge Plate
“Infinity” Superior [+12%ED] Thresher [+319% ED, -55%LR]

Random musings:

Another killer build, but not one for the faint of heart. I had planned to make an explosive arrow Amazon, but I remembered hearing somewhere that a Demon Machine Enchantress was a superior build, and after playing completing Tutu, I tend to agree. I’ll have to make the build I was originally planning to make sure though. At no stage did I drop below /players5, but there were at least five deaths and plenty of close calls. I died twice to undead stygian dolls when my explosive arrow took out too many too close and at least twice to cursed, mana drain archers. My first death was early in Act 1 Normal and I don’t know what happened, the best I can come up with was a stray charged bolt from a nearby enemy, although I didn’t see it. I thought the days of invisible charged bolts was over!

The build started very slowly as I used a +3 fire bolt orb semi-melee, using the fire bolt until I ran out of mana then whacked things with the orb until they were dead. As Enchant, Spirit sword, Magefist, Visceratant and Skin of the Vipermagi became progressively available things speed up a treat. Once Demon Machine became available at level 49 there was no looking back.

The only things that bothered me in the slightest were the undead stygian dolls (no change there) and anything that had mana drain; everything else simply melted away. I expected to have to use Static Field on bosses, the Ancients, and the like, but it really was not necessary. If not for the mana drain beasties, I could have gone through the game at /players8, but I played it safe. I also played it safe by putting a good few points into vitality in the early part of the game and ensured that my resists were maxed out even though it was not necessary. I swear that these things saved my life on several occasions. And what put my life in danger? Teleporting! Teleporting is great, it gets you into position to attack and move away before you get hit, it saves the merc from being killed or simply lost, and it makes navigation through the map a breeze, but one too many teleports and you’re in big trouble.

Finds wise, there were no items of note to mention, but I did find two Mals and a Lo. I forgot to mention it in my RabidBeasties write-up, but I found an Ohm as well. That's not a bad haul simply adventuring with my last two characters.

After playing this build, my mind is ticking over again. Is Energy Shield the way to go? Could the points find better use elsewhere? Defensively with one of the cold armours and a larger ranged Static field? Offensively with Hydra adding to your firepower? No! Stop dwelling on it! *puts fingers in ears* La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la.

Screenshot154.png

Awesome! I've always wanted to make one of these as I love the combo of Teleport+Missile Weapon and Sorceress natural teleport is just yummy. I haven't found it to be super viable but I think the addition of Flickering Flame and Sunder would really really help. Cool build and thanks for sharing.

Code:
Demon Machine Chu-Ko-Nu
Two-Hand Damage: 35-80 (Base Damage: 14 To 32)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 80
Required Dexterity: 95
Base Weapon Speed: [-60]
+150% Enhanced Damage
Fires Explosive Arrows Or Bolts
Piercing Attack (66)
+65 Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 50%

I've always wanted to build one around the 1.07 Demon Machine for the whopping +50% Mana, but unfortunately the pierce is bugged to 1 apparently, so it's a trade-off and probably not worth it, sadly.

Reactions: TheNix
I've always wanted to build one around the 1.07 Demon Machine for the whopping +50% Mana, but unfortunately the pierce is bugged to 1 apparently, so it's a trade-off and probably not worth it, sadly.
Thanks. Although the extra mana is juicy, I think you'll need the full pierce for the build to really shine.

Reactions: entwilighter
Awesome! I've always wanted to make one of these as I love the combo of Teleport+Missile Weapon and Sorceress natural teleport is just yummy. I haven't found it to be super viable but I think the addition of Flickering Flame and Sunder would really really help.

There was a bug with Fire Mastery not applying correctly. This bug was recently fixed in D2R, so it does a boatload more damage than before and makes this a top tier build.

Reactions: TheNix
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High