Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 30
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xd4f99f3f
+5 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +10%
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Charged Bolt when struck

Charms

Serpent's Grand Charm of Dexterity
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x528046a7
+4 to Dexterity
+58 to Mana

Serpent's Grand Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 35
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xc9d3e973
+51 to Mana
7% Faster Run/Walk

Serpent's Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xbb5f3844
+17 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm of Flame
Fingerprint: 0xba66f9db
+17 to Mana
Adds 1-2 fire damage

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Strength
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x89023e02
+4 to Strength
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

Septic Small Charm of Greed
Required Level: 15
Item Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0xf69347d6
+15 poison damage over 3 seconds
7% Extra Gold from Monsters

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xf417a7ee
146% Extra Gold from Monsters
32% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 13%

Serpent's Small Charm of Anthrax
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0xe46b3efc
+14 to Mana
+50 poison damage over 6 seconds

Serpent's Small Charm of Thunder
Fingerprint: 0xf01f5f2b
+16 to Mana
Adds 1-11 lightning damage

Harpoonist's Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0xf0b9b761
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

Shimmering Grand Charm (recycled from other characters)
Required Level: 27
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x87fa5ebf
All Resistances +14

Baals Quest drop :
Soul Drainer
Vambraces
Defense: 135
Durability: 13 of 16
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 74
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x7af723b7
+99% Enhanced Defense
6% Life stolen per hit
4% Mana stolen per hit
-50 to Monster Defense Per Hit
8% Chance to cast Level 3 Weaken on striking

Act 2 Normal Combat (Prayer)

Mercenary Items :

Armour :
Wraith Suit
Plate Mail
Defense: 112
Durability: 51 of 60
Required Strength: 46
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x1b0c406d
+93 to Life
Fire Resist +14%
Poison Resist +19%
Requirements -30%
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Perfect Ruby
Inserted into a Plate Mail

+38 to Life

Perfect Ruby
Inserted into a Plate Mail

+38 to Life

Helm : Vampire Gaze 6%LL / 15% PDR

Insight
Thresher
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 46 to 439
Durability: 32 of 65
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 152
Required Level: 53
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0xce6610e
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+212% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+4 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
232% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 17 Meditation Aura When Equipped
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Thoughts: She was MPed through Hell with my Poison/Summoner Necro using two computers, That was painful but still quicker than soloing. LF and CS kills fast not much else to say . The Poison/Summoner took on the Ancients for her. She killed Baal. Insight was great with the double life regen. Add MF from PTopaz Skullder's and a Shako p/Topaz and she will cow and Pindle from now on. I will reequip the merc with Shaftstop for Pindleing. Thanks for reading.

Congrats on the mat, TedDeeBoy :thumbsup:
a very decent amazon build suitable for some intensive Baal-running. I am interested in your next experience without the D/A/E skills. You will give and take more damage, but in the end, this might be a better route.

Now, I must admit I'm quite confused by several things. Is this character twinked or not? I guess so (2 java skillers etc.) Some items seem pretty nice, e.g. the tiara, while the others are obviously weak, and you could obtain better ones just by shopping, e.g. the boots, or the merc armor.

I also don't understand the necro part. You mean it was painful to play on 2 computers simultaneously? I agree though, it must have been faster than soloing the necromancer :laugh:

Congrats on your mat.
I like this build a lot. :thumbsup:

Also I am curious about 2 things. One was already mentioned... The boots, gloves, merc armor are quite weak pieces of equipment...
2nd - the name Thylibma, it reminds me something. Where did it come from?

Thanks for the replies, Ugla and Hrus

Hrus to answer your 2nd question I have used this name before in another RPG computer game, the AD&D Pools of Radiance series. I can't remember if the name come from an NPC in the game but that is where I used it for a female Cleric character.

About the gear selection - I don't have access to Griffon's Eye and 5/5 Light facets and I play self-found, so I filled that helm slot with + skills and resistances just to get through max resistances and + skills. I guess it wasn't the 1337ist choice I thought but it the best of what I had. That Tiara would work better on a Frostmaiden/Strafer. For the gloves and boots I wanted to add some MF to this build. I have a pair of +2 Jav/20 IAS rare gloves stashed to get to faster attack bp. The boots are for Lighting/ fire resistance, MF and FRW, that combo ain't bad, I saved some charm slots so I used more mana charms instead. I could use Silkweaves for mana regeneration option and I have only 1 pair of WT's which are used on another MF chaaracter. More mana is not necessary with Insight, but if I swap the merc stick to the Reapers Toll, to slow enemies, more mana is better for regeneration. I have better rare non-MF boots. The merc armor I just forgot to upgrade it after putting it on him in Normal but after I Matted her now I have put a Shaftstop on him from my Light/Orb Sorc's merc and give that characters merc an Eth Gladiator's Bane.

I did MP myself through hell using my poison summoner InNeedofUV, so Thylibma's merc didn't die that much even with poor merc armour. MP with him was great for Act 3 , 4 and parts of Act5. She come up against many Ligntning immunes and he disposed of them safely and quickly. I found Gloams/Souls in 5 areas and InNeedOfUV controlled those battles with DV and Ampify Damage, CE Fishymancer tactics against them. Also on bosses the LR curse proved great. A LRed Meph died in 10 seconds to Thylibma's CS.

Self MP is painful but I don't have access to a decent Internet connection at home and I found some lag even on a LAN connection, though I think that is due to my ancient computer and use of 3D shading. I used it to join to a hosted game on a much better computer. But it was still faster than finding all the waypoints and quests through Hell.

This gal will look for the Cow King Set in Nightmare/normal so she will put on the Skullder's and Shako, hence the MF gear. Then I will re-equip her for Hell Cows once I finish with those self quests.

I think your tiara is great, has decent amount of +resists, additional resist to lightning (the most important one), and no junk mods. Besides, the amazon looks far better bareheaded, than e.g. with ugly shako.

For the cow running though, I suggest using Valkyrie Wing. The merc is as good as dead on higher PS, thus no Meditation for you. It's more effective to run around the cows to hoard them before you blast them with LF. VW comes with +2 skills, 20% FRW, 20% FHR (which is handy, if you accidentally get hit), and up to +4 mana/kill. All the attributes are awesome for the purpose. You can socket it with PTopaz for some MF.

My comment was meant, that once you switch the armor for something with MF (Skullder's typically), you will need to make up for the LR somewhere. And by somewhere, I mean the boots. Though you can obtain some resists on gloves too, this slot has too many junk mods, thus the chances to find something better than 20%IAS/+3java (so long, Gheed) are very thin. The Ravenfrost/SoJ combo is too precious to give up, and not even perfect Mara will save the day for you. For Pindle/cows, the resists are not that crucial, of course.

I do like the tiara look on her so your suggestions are good. I would ditch some mana charms in favour of a some LR and FRW charms. However without some - ELR playing cows is still difficult to up the players settings above 3. I need a lot of experience of herding those suckers and the Extra Fast/ LE boss packs cause me the biggest problems as the whole pack have mowen through the decoy very quickly.

Congrats on the mat, and that's a very sweet Tiara you have there. Hmmm, I wonder why people don't socket their incredibly yummy amazing tiaras :scratch:

For cow running, I second the suggestion of going merc-less, for more effective herding. That means you won't need a decoy either. Just herd as many cows as you can, put them in a wedge formation, sling a LF with pierce and fall them fall in a matter of seconds. Sifting through the loot might be troublesome though.

Oh, and unless you're after a little bit more gold find, getting rid of that Septic SC of Greed will actually make your poison duration longer. Not that it really matters, but still...

Congrats on the mat, and that's a very sweet Tiara you have there. Hmmm, I wonder why people don't socket their incredibly yummy amazing tiaras :scratch:

For cow running, I second the suggestion of going merc-less, for more effective herding. That means you won't need a decoy either. Just herd as many cows as you can, put them in a wedge formation, sling a LF with pierce and fall them fall in a matter of seconds. Sifting through the loot might be troublesome though.

Oh, and unless you're after a little bit more gold find, getting rid of that Septic SC of Greed will actually make your poison duration longer. Not that it really matters, but still...

Thanks your the advice Llathias, my ability to apply the herding theory in practice was not so good. The 1st map I tried the portal appeared right next to the Cow King fort on the right hand side where the Cow King is spawned. I had a bunch of extra fast and holy freeze cows on me before I could blink. :shocked:
I left the corpse in the cow level and rerolled that map!

The reason I have used my socket quests some to help twink this and other MF characters. Also, I want to trial the the Valk Wings for the FRW in the cow level to help herd more effectively, I think the 67 FRW will help more than the mana leech and resistances from the tiara so the could ort the item for better LR. I think the tiara is excellent item, I was looking for one of those for a frost maiden strafer to help her resistance problem with bow builds. I could always build another character and race them through the game for more socket quests. :wink:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High