Matriarch PeteTrancesSis(ter), Nat’s TS/DTail assassin (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Matriarch PeteTrancesSis(ter) AKA Natalya

Level: 86

St – 128 (162)
Dx – 82 (143)
Vt – 290 (311)
En – 25 (46)

HP 1350
Mana 238

Damage

Tiger Strike: 1258 – 1641
Dragon Tail: 4464 – 7468 / 14K – 21K / 23K – 35K / 32K – 49K

Resists (After Fade):

Fire: 85
Cold: 75
Ltning: 80
Poison: 75

Skills:

Tiger Strike: 20/35
Dragon Tail: 20/35
Claw Mastery: 20/32
Fade: 20/34 on switch
Shadow Warrier: 9/23 on switch
Cloak of Shadows: 1/13

1 in Prerequisites

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

Natalya’s Mark with Ruby (40%ED) jewel
“Phoenix” Monarch

Weapon 2:

Mang Song’s Lesson

“Ral” Natalya’s Totem
Shael x 3” Natalya’s Shadow
Kenshi’s Leather Gloves of Alacrity
Upped Natalya’s Soul
Arachnid Mesh
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
BKWB & Raven Frost

Bone Break, Flame Rift & AsTorch

Merc (Act 2 – BA)

Vampire Gaze
“CoH” Dusk Shroud
“Infinity” Eth Thresher

Random musings:

I have been looking back at my previous matriarchs and patriarchs and I’ve come to realise that there are quite a few skills that I have either never, or at least rarely, used. On top of that, there are also several elite sets that I haven’t used either. It is time to rectify this, so let me introduce to you PeteTrancesSis(ter) using both Natalya’s set and Dragon Tail; a two-for-one!

This build was a pain. Quite literally. It didn’t matter whether I assigned TS and DT to the LMB and RMB, set them as hotkeys, or split them one to the mouse and one to the keyboard, I still had muscle spasms running up and down my arms within half an hour. And, of course, there isn’t just TS and DT to take into consideration. I also regularly used Fade to soften up the enemies and DFlight to quickly enter the fray. Oh, my poor old arms. I had planned to put my remaining skill points into PS and drop Meteors on everybody to add to my fiery goodness but my body screamed its protest to this plan, so I dumped the points into Shadow Master instead.

When my arms weren’t going into spasms, the gameplay was very good. Having both the physical and fire sunder charm and combining them with the minus fire resist on the Phoenix and Infinity’s Conviction aura the game progressed well. I would have loved to use the meteor to give a bit more punch to the sundered PIs but that was a bust. The build had a few foibles though. The complete set feature of looking as if you had Fade on meant that it was difficult to know when Fade actually ran out. The Firestorm proc on the Hellfire Torch made it difficult to see how many TS charges up and this only got worse when the Master with her various charges came into melee range.

I struggled through Nightmare difficulty on /players8 by playing in short bursts with rest periods in between but I soon realised that Hell difficulty would be hell (haha), so I dropped down to /players3 to ease my aching arms. Gameplay-wise, I could have run /players5 with relative ease, especially if I had Meteor available. By the time I got to Act 5, I’d had enough, my arms still ached after only 15 minutes or so and to top it off I had a bee sting on the palm of my hand (not ask!) so I could barely hold the mouse. I dropped down to /players1, Dflight passed most enemies and finished the game in record time.

I have at least one other MA assassin on the drawing boards, but I don’t think that I will be physically able to play them. Perhaps two Mosaic claws might help or maybe a Chaos claw build on some sort, but I am a little disappointed.

In my next few builds I will explore some of the complete sets that I have up until now not used. I’m thinking about a M’avina’s Ice maiden, Aldur’s Werebear, and Griswold’s perhaps using sacrifice(?), can you make a leap attack barb out of the IK set? Or should I stick to Whirlwind?

Time to give my poor muscles a break!

Screenshot177.png

M'avina's is an extremely strong set. I made one back in 1.13 with a Valk and a Rogue and that was before I had a Faith bow for the Rogue. I found that I used Strafe much more than freezing arrow. With the D2R synergies for Strafe she would be even more powerful.

Reactions: TheNix
M'avina's is an extremely strong set. I made one back in 1.13 with a Valk and a Rogue and that was before I had a Faith bow for the Rogue. I found that I used Strafe much more than freezing arrow. With the D2R synergies for Strafe she would be even more powerful.
The reason that I thought of going the M'avina ice maiden route is that I recently made a physical bowazon and it has been a long time since I used the cold arrow section of the tree. It be fair, I cannot remember the last time I used the fire section either.

I really enjoyed the M'avina's ice maiden that I finished earlier this year. I remember that I did a lot of "hold shift with left hand while left-clicking with right hand" to make her aim and shoot. Would that further inflame those repetitive stress injuries in your arms? If so, I think she can probably also fight just fine with one-handed (namelock+left-click, or right-click) plays with the mouse.

Reactions: TheNix
Fun character idea, sorry to hear that it hurt your arms so much. Was it the skill switching or mouse button switching? I found i did a better job if i kept TS on rihht click and DT on left click. It was annoying to me to try and time the skill switching while holding down right click. I have my skills on asdf which I find a lot better than the default f keys.

Question on using Phoenix. In Ceramic Weasel's analysis on Blade Fury he discussed the possibility of the ctc Firestorm effecting Blade Fury. I decided to try it and I don't see a major effect. In fact, it seldom does the full blast that I saw with my barb. Instead firestorm starts and peters out after a very short path. I'm wondering how it worked on your Assassin.

Question on using Phoenix. In Ceramic Weasel's analysis on Blade Fury he discussed the possibility of the ctc Firestorm effecting Blade Fury. I decided to try it and I don't see a major effect. In fact, it seldom does the full blast that I saw with my barb. Instead firestorm starts and peters out after a very short path. I'm wondering how it worked on your Assassin.
They changed the mechanics in d2r such that procs don't disrupt attacks/blocks etc. Phoenix is much smoother to use now.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High