Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by chumley669 on Jun 30, 2007:

Introducing Patriarch Mr. Bones

Just made up my mind tonight to get through it. Two hours later and a bit of luck in the WSK (No Gloams!!), Baal finally realized the folly of his ways and took the dirt nap.

Mr. Bones is a basic Bonemancer. Here's the stats:

Patriarch Mr. Bones
L83 Exp. 888631111

Skills Base/+ Skills
Bone Spear - 20/27
Bone Spirit - 20/28
Bone Wall - 20/27
Bone Prison - 20/28
Teeth - 5/12
1 pt each: Bone armor, Corpse Explosion, Decrepify, Amp. Damage, Terror, Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, gives about l7 for each with the + skills.

Gear:

Helm - Shako, w/Perf. Topaz
Armor - Skin of Vipermagi, + 32 resist all
Gloves - rare, + 24 MF, +12 LR, +18 CR, + 11 Dex
Boots - rare, +27 PR, +23 MF, +20% faster run/walk
ring 1 - magical, +95 mana, + 25 MF
ring2 - rar, +15 FR, + 26 PR, +10% Faster Cast rate
Ammy - magical, +24 all resist
Wand - Umes Lament; no switch
Shield - rare head w/ Perf. Diamond
Doom Tower
Unraveller Head
Defense: 12
Chance to Block: 28%
Durability: 60 of 60
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 18
Required Level: 36
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x11c93d4
+10% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +22
Adds 4-14 poison damage over 3 seconds
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+2 to Bone Prison (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Summon Resist (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Bone Wall (Necromancer Only)
Poison Length Reduced by 75%
Level 3 Nova (27/27 Charges)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Mercenary:
Act 1 Fire Rogue
Helm - Duskdeep
Armor - Spirit Forge, socketed with Enh. Damage jewels
Bow - Goldstrike Arch, =237% Enhanced Damage

Hell Forge Drops:
NM = Io
Hell = Fal (meh)

General Notes

Overall, a rather fun build. He's not for you speed demons, as he's not about speed. He's all about safety. Tremendous crowd control with the Bone Prison, Decrepify, and Terror. Basically, you just get gumby in front of the monsters, put prisons around them, amp for your merc, and fire away. It's all magical damage, so very few things are immune to your attack. That being said, Act II in Hell sucked royally. All those mummies and such are MI, so If I couldn't lure them over some bodies, I had to either run by them or position the merc. I was happy to be done with that place. The rare head was pretty cool, with the +3 Summon Resist. It saved me a skill point, and gave me a solid level in that skill to boot. Gumby was pretty hardy as a result. No major issues anywhere, as a matter of fact this is the first character I've had who never died. Since very little gets near him, all's well. I kept some decent MF on him to see what I could find...best drop was a Rune Master axe off a Champion Quill Rat in Act 5. All in all, a rather fun character. His gear was less than optimal, as you can see, but he did quite well.

His future is admittedly bleak. He doesn't do anything really fast, so a MF career is not in the cards. I'll probably just file him away for the nostalgia of it. Anyway, for something different, give one of these guys a try, it's pretty neat. Thanks for reading, and see you for the next one. (Whenever and whatever that will be...still trying to figure out my next project.)

Originally posted by Cius on Nov 27, 2008:

Patriarch Bain - Dentist

Patriarch Bain - Dentist
lvl 81

Str 129/173
Dex 25/27
Vit 316/340
Eny 25/27

Life 827/1095
Mana 185/624

Resists: 75/56/75/11

Skills:
1 pt wonders: Amp damage, Dim Vision, Clay Golem, GM, SR, bone armour, corpse explosion
20 pts: Teeth(38), bone spear(37), bone spirit(36), bone wall (37)
5 pts bone prison (max next)

Damage:
Teeth: 677-860
Bone spear: 2997-3157
Bone spirit: 3185-3405

Bone armour absorbes 575 damage

My Equipment
Harly PTopaz
Skin of the Vipermagi 34 with P Topaz
Spirit shield (34)
Boneshade
Venemous amulet of the giant
Immortal Kings Detail belt
Aldurs advance boots
Trangs gloves
SoJ
Rare ring: 83 mana, 30 Fire res +misc
3 x Fungal grand charms
other charms providing resists, life, and some FRW

Prayer Merc Equipment
Eth CA insight
Eth Andarials Visage
Duriels Shell

Game play:
Melee'd with him till lvl 27 only really casting amp damage till the merc could equip insight. At that point teeth began to shine clearing rooms easily. Bone spear was maxed second to take out big single targets. Bonewall was used to synergise armour and teeth/BS and eventually decided on bone spirit instead of bone prison on the mistaken assumption that the damage on it would be much higher than bone spear. Should have done it the other way round in retrospect. I only used corpse explosion in Hell act 2 tombs etc to stop resurection of skellitons etc.

Overall I like him but can see why he would have been much more powerfull back in the days of the marrowalk bug. The free 33 synergy points would make a huge difference and free up points from bone prison to develop other skills. An extra 5 points in clay golem or golem mastery would have made a much stronger tank towards the end of hell. He did fine in the first 3 acts of hell but towards the last two acts really slowed down and constantly had to resurrect the merc. While I was using teeth right up till the throne room towards the end I found myself using bone spear more and more which did not feel right as he was meant to be a dentist first and foremost but I did not have the patience by act5.

For now he is going straight to retirement so that I can strip him down and build up my poison necro. Decided on poison necro next by virtue of the AT coughing up a deaths web during the area85 tourney. Having been lucky with poison and bone skillers (3 self found) also fits in nicely with that.

Originally posted by colony on Dec 7, 2006:

Back at last, this time with extra shiny things

Well I finally managed to get an internet connection at home:grin:

Only took 3 months thanks to the complete and utter uselessness of a certain ISP to transfer the phone line back over to BT, as of course it's impossible to get ADSL without one:tongue:

Hope nothing's changed too much round here

And on to the shiny things...

I finished off getting the runes for Enigma (in a BP, it has to be used on lots of characters, and without a torch/anni I'd need to put more in strength) and a beta CtA a while ago, and being the boring sod I am built a new bone necro that I got bored of trying to level past 90 on my own. Not even a real Pat either, he was a HF mule that I decided to use so I could level faster. Getting to level 94 to max out Teeth would be useful, but solo Baal runs aren't exactly the sort of thing bone necro's are very good at, so here are some stats anyway:

LCS
Stats:
Str: 66
Dex: 180
Vit: 259
Energy: base
Life: 2818
Mana: 900

Damage:
Spear: 4171-4386
Spirit: 4281-4564

Skills: Max Spear, Spirit, Bone Wall/Prison, 1 in Clay Golem/GM/SR, 16 in Teeth

Items:

Shako/+3PnB, 20FCR circlet + Shael
29 res Maras/Crafted Ammy
38 res HotO
Enigma
Homunc/SS + Eld
Trang's Gloves
Arachnid's
Eth Treks
2x SoJ/2x FCR rings

Switch:
Beta CtA (+13 BO)
Spirit

Charms:
7 PnB Skillers (27, 34, 35, 37, 39 life, and 2 plain)
Various SCs with Life/Resists/Enough FHR to reach 86%

Might merc:
Eth up'd Hone
Fortitude
Gaze

I could improve some of the items, but TBH I just haven't really played D2 at all over the last 2 months. Being able to reach 125% FCR without having to use a Spirit shield is nice too, might be interesting to see how he does anyway (despite the whole boringness thing:wink3:). Oh, and suggestions for an actual name, are welcome too:grin:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Colorless Green on May 20, 2008:

Patriarch Kakistos, Trang-Oul's Venomancer

Class-specific 4/8.

Patriarch Kakistos, Level 82 Trang-Oul's Venomancer

Str: 76 (106)
Dex: 146 (181)
Vit: 253 (268)
Ene: 25 (30)

Life: 895
Mana: 839
Resists: 80/75/75/75
Poison Nova: 7500-7714
Fire Wall: 1700-1741
Lower Resist: -65

Skills:
Clay Golem: 1 (10)
Golem Mastery: 1 (10)
Summon Resist: 1 (10)
Lower Resist: 19 (28)
All other curses: 1 (10)
Teeth: 1 (19)
Corpse Explosion: 1 (19)
Poison Dagger: 20 (38)
Poison Explosion: 20 (38)
Poison Nova: 20 (41)

Equipment:
Trang-Oul's Guise (Shael)
Trang-Oul's Scales (Ral)
Trang-Oul's Claws
Trang-Oul's Girth
Waterwalk
Mara's Kaliedoscope
The Stone of Jordan
The Stone of Jordan
+3 PNova White Petrified Wand
Trang-Oul's Wing (Eld)
nothing on switch
6 P&B Skillers, a couple resist charms, a couple life charms

Holy Freeze Merc:
Insight Cryptic Axe, Duriel's Shell, Vampire Gaze

This was my first ever poison-based char, and it was fun. I can only think of two unbreakably poison immune monster types I encountered (gloams, maggots), and they went down just fine to fire wall and corpse explosion. I used both FW and CE pretty liberally against the highly resistant monsters, however, since it sped things up quite a bit after LR.

The vampire form was interesting, certainly amusing if nothing else. There were a few weird things, though, for example the kicking "animation", which involved just standing still for about six times as long as a normal kicking action. Also, my merc vanished pretty much constantly which was extremely annoying. Not died, just, vanished. Either fell prey to one of the invisible merc bugs or just failed to teleport to me when I outran him. As a result, I wound up doing most of hell mercless (despite him showing up in the corner of my screen). The complete lack of casting speed was probably the biggest downfall. It's not like I wanted to spam poison nova or attempt to use my 350 damage fireball something, it's just that any fast-hitting monster could smack me down in the time it would take for me to get any spell off. Gloams and frenzytaurs were particularly obnoxsious in this respect.

Ancients were no challenge whatsoever, since pnova is perfectly geared towards running circles around them. First try, no problems (though the merc did need a couple big purples). Same with the minions/baal. All very easy. Wave four was a bit annoying, but LR+FW brought down enough for CE to do it's work.

No notable finds. At all. Ko/Hel from hellforges :sad2:

I think I might be taking a break from the class-specific sets for a bit to either level my blizz up to 97 or run LK/pindle/AT/something til my eyes bleed. We'll see.

-CG

Originally posted by Colorless Green on Oct 2008:

Patriarch Syringe, Poison Daggermancer

Patriarch Syringe, Level 82 Poison Dagger Necromancer

Str: 62 (119)
Dex: 193 (225)
Vit: 220 (220)
Ene: 25 (25)

Poison Dagger Damage: 23-24k (over what I believe to be 16.0 seconds)
Poison Dagger AR: 10983
Life: 1255
Mana: 425
Resists (w/o fade, which was rarely triggered): 61/75/72/0

Skills:
Amplify Damage: 1 (7)
Dim Vision: 4 (10)
Lower Resist: 0 (11)
Decrepify: 0 (11)
Clay Golem: 1 (5)
Golem Mastery: 1 (5)
Summon Resist: 1 (5)
Poison Dagger: 20 (35)
Poison Explosion: 20 (34)
Poison Dagger: 20 (34)
Bone Wall: 20 (30)
The rest of the poison tree except bone spirit: 1 (11)

Equip:
Spirit Crest Coronet (Shael) (29 str, 2 necro skills, 30 FRW, 20 FHR, 3 mana/kill)
Treachery Dusk Shroud
Trang-Oul's Claws
Trang-Oul's Girth
Natalya's Soul
Highlord's Wrath
Raven Frost
Bitter Grasp Ring (3 str, 17 life, 15 AR, 26/11/11/11 resists, 2% LL, 10% FCR)
Blackbog's Sharp (Shael)
Trang-Oul's Wing (PDiamond)
Switch: Call to Arms, Splendor Mummified Trophy (+3 LR/+3 Decrep)

Holy Freeze Merc: eth Insight Thresher, eth Treachery Wyrmhide, Vampire Gaze

I have exactly one bad thing to say about this char, and I'm going to get it out of the way first. During the preliminary stages, based on my understanding of how poison works, I'd predicted (and these were pretty rough calculations) that I'd be at probably 75-90k damage on LCS in questing gear, with 100k easily within my reach by switching out defensive gear for further poison damage. As you can see, it didn't work out this way. I'm not sure whether the LCS is lying or venom/pdagger interact counterintuitively, but either way, the LCS doesn't have the big numbers I was hoping to see.

So, aside from failing to meet that expectation, I love this character. This is one of most fun characters I've played in quite some time. It handles unlike anything else I can think of. It's not super strong, mind you, but it's fully viable and never even became tedious even in PoI-heavy areas. I played p3 all the way through with tiny exceptions for things I just wasn't in the mood for (maggot lair, for example).

Basically nothing except unbreakable PoI's and the occasional unique/possessed took more than one hit to kill (not counting act bosses and izzy and whatever), and with nearly 11k AR, I didn't have to do a lot of swinging. Additionally, I made the choice early on to stack a good bit more FRW than I generally do in PvM, and to use a holy freeze merc to further increase the difference in speed between me and my victims. This wound up working out exactly as I'd hoped.

There were a lot of various strategies available to me:
(1) This one was the most fun, but was also rather dangerous. Just cast LR on whatever I happened to see (either before or after the poke) then run around, dodge as many attacks as possible, and attempt to attack each monster once. It was a lot like an arcade game, really. One click to kill the enemies and a lot of dodging arrows and swinging swords and whatever. Approximate average time of death: ~1-2 seconds.

(2) Cast dim vision. Walk casually up. Stab. Laugh as they die without ever noticing me. Basically 100% safe and thoroughly effective, though the lack of LR makes it a bit slower (and ineffective on PoI's). Approximate average time of death: ~2-3 seconds.

(3) Put up a bone wall. Wait immediately on one side of it. Stab monsters through it. Wait. Alternatively, stab monsters, run away, put up a bone wall, wait. This has the advantage of being roughly as defensive as the DV method (except when there's piercing ranged attackers nearby), particularly the stab-through-the-wall method, while still allowing LR, but it's pretty easy to accidentally block off a passage and have to wait for the bone wall to crumble. Best method for DV-proof things or relatively dangerous PoI's, though.

The biggest drawback to the gear setup I chose was mediocre FHR and abysmal FBR. Pretty much any situation involving a lot of fast-hitting things made it rather difficult to do much of anything if I failed to get a DV/wall off before the hits started coming in. If I were doing it again and willing to wait longer for things to die (or willing to play on p1) I'd abandon the partial trangs in exchange for a homonculus and the FRW belt plus some more FRW charms for extra mobility, which would have pretty much completely eliminated the only troubles I had in exchange for a bit lower damage (quite a bit lower on broken PoI's).

So, all in all, I highly recommend this char for anyone looking for something that's fun to quest (but has no real purpose beyond this). It can definitely be done without very much wealth, and it handles unlike anything else I've played. Finds include Mal from hell HF, and a Spike Thorn somewhere in late hell, but nothing else particularly of interest.

Next up, kicker about to start hell, singer about to start NM, lightning zon in mid normal, possibly two or three other things, who knows?

-CG

Originally posted by Cormallon on Jan 15, 2007:

Patriarch Tra-Sung ... Trang Oul revived

Character name : Tra-Sung
Character type : Necromancer
Character level : 86
Character exp : 1168066432

Strength : 70 / 106
Energy : 25 / 25
Dexterity : 207 / 227
Vitality : 213 / 213
Stat Points Rem : 5
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 742 / 628
Mana : 479 / 195
Stamina : 392 / 362

Gold (Inventory): 31743
Gold (Stash) : 1868868

Resists in hell: 75/75/68/75

Skills:
Lower resist 4 (11 with +skills) (+6 prereqs)
Clay golem 20 (27 with +skills)
Golem mastery 4 (11 with +skills)
Summon resist 1 (8 with +skills)
Poison dagger, Poison explosion, Poison nova 20 (34 with +skills) each (+2 prereqs)

Equip:

Trang Oul's Guise (Helm [pTopaz], Body [pTopaz], Shield [pDiamond], Belt, Gloves)
Tearhaunch (will be replaced with wartravs if I ever find another pair)
Venomous Amulet of the Mammoth ( +3 poison&bone, +34 life)
Nagelring (26% MF)
Corruption Turn (rare ring)
Ring
Required Level: 46
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xd7173d97
Fire Resist +27%
Cold Resist +22%
5% Mana stolen per hit
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Weapon: Death's Web (+2/+2/-47%)

Charms: Gheeds(25%), 2x +1 P&B skiller, SC +14 life, SC +9 LR, 12x SC with MF (3% to 7%, total 66%) and some secondary mods.

Mercenary (Holy Freeze) Items :

Crown of Thieves (eth) - Grand Crown
Atma's Wail - Embossed Plate
Hone Sundan (eth, 183%ED) - Yari ('ShaelShaelAmn')

This char is incredible powerful. I played him on P8 during normal and nightmage and P5 on hell except for bosses and minion waves in hell, those were done on P3. This guy is FAST, I can tell. If you have the equip (expensive, I know....) in HC, it is a sure guardian, I died a couple of times because I played too fast and ran into nasty packs... nothing a little bit more care couldn't solve. The golem has 8888 life and 67% slow, fighting Ball and Lister is a piece of cake with this setup. I went max block with him since I feel the few life points don't make up for the increased blocking. Mana and life replenish fast, from the +life / +mana after each kill from DWeb, potion use was low, mostly for the merc.

Lower resist has been brought to a level where it can break most poison immunities (110%... the next monsters would be at 115% which would need 76% lowered res and is impossible to get I guess). After the immunity is broken, the -x% to poison resist from DWeb and the set kicks in, bringing them down to at most 25% effective poison resistance... at that level they don't have a chance against the poison nova doing 5000+ dmg over 2 seconds. Everything that is not immune goes down even faster, I rarely did use LR against normal monsters. Unbreakables were usually disposed with a series of meteors since they almost stand still from contact with the golem. I'm quite proud to say I did NOT use CE except a few times very early on where my poison skills were low. PE gets rid of corpses quite well.

I guess I can make him into a decent MFer quite easily: Wartravs and a better Gheeds will bring his MF to about 200, and Gull/Rhyme on switch would add 125 more ... Blade of Ali Baba with some MF jewels or Ist is even better. If I find a 5/5 poison facet, it would probably going into the DWeb... a bit of overkill, but running Baal perhaps would use everything I can give him. I'd start using CE as well if I do Baal runs, of course.

So what about an untwinked poisonmancer? He'll be quite a bit less powerful, he will not have the -poison resist to start with. +14 p&b skills isn't easy to get as well. On the other hand, you don't have to play P5 in hell... P1 gives all enemies just 1/3 of the life they had against me. You'd need something to handle PIs though. Breaking them won't do you much good since they still would have well above 90% resistance. Some guides suggest bone spear and amp, I obviously never tried that.

Originally posted by DeathMage on Dec 15, 2005:

Patriarch BoNeMaGe

Hi there :howdy: just thought i would post up my latest pat "BoNeMaGe" he is mainly made for pvp i ended up patting him a few days ago well here are his stats:

Clvl 84

Stats (base):

Str: 64
Dex: 188 (max block)
Vit: 223
Enrg: 30

Life (base): 884
Mana (base): 588

Skills:
1 decrepify
1 terror
1 weaken
1 corpse explosion
1 clay golem
1 summon resist
1 golem mastery
8 teeth
1 bone armor
20 bone spear
20 bone spirit
20 bone wall
18 bone prison

Spirit dmg: 2798-2926
Spear dmg: 2225-2354

Gear:
Harlequin crest
Rare necro ammy
33 resist vipermagi
"white" polished wand
p diamond homunculus
bul kathos' wedding band
rare 10 fcr and resists ring
glooms trap
Natalya's soul
Trang-oul's claws

Merc: Alhizeer act 2 NM defensive

Gear:
"Insight" cryptic axe
Shafstop
Vampire Gaze

Originally posted by DementiaMaster on Jan 1, 2006:

Patriarch Delsus the Bonemancer

I just defeated Baal on Hell and I've got to say that he was the hardest fight in Delsus' career. So, let's start with the stats and equipement.

--Stats--
Level: 79
Strength: 60
Dexterity: 165
Vitality: 170
Energy: 25
Hit Points: 521
Mana Points: 332

--Skills--
Bone Spear: 20
Bone Spirit: 20
Bone Prison: 20
Bone Wall: 20
Teeth: 6
Bone Armor/Corpse Explosion: 1
Clay Golem/Golem Mastery/Summon Resist: 1
Amplify Damage/Weaken/Terror/Decrepify/Dim Vision: 1

--Equipements--
Weapon: White (Dol Io)
Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi
Shield: Homunculus (Socketed with Perfect Diamond)
Helmet: Natalya's Totem
Gloves: Magefist
Boots: TearHaunch
Belt: Hwanin's Blessing
Amulet: Chromatic Amulet of Memory*
Ring: Manald Heal
Ring: Rare Ring

*I didn't even know such a thing existed o.o

--Mercenary Equipements--
Weapon: Eth Grim Scythe Insight
Armor: Shaftstop
Helmet: Guillaume's Face

--Battles--
Hell Ancients: The Ancients have never been that easy. I got killed once because I forgot to turn on my Bone Armor and Talic whirlwinded my butt down to hell. With Bone Armor on, Korlic was hitting my armor, Madawc shooting at his bone prison while Talic was whirlwind against my merc and clay golem.....the three ancients being under Decrepify of course. Korlic fell to Bone Spear without posing much of a challenge. All that was left was to Bone Spear the other two to death.

Baal's Minions: Yet another joke of a battle. To keep it short: Corpse Explosion. Lister lasted ten seconds because Baal didn't clean Ventar's remains.

Hell Baal: That...was tough. He kept on cloning himself and pushing me away with his Hoarfrost attack while his clone was draining my mana. It took my entire potion belt to defeat him. Oddly enough, my golem and my merc got out almost unharmed. Talk about fair...

--Various Results--
HellForge: Ral, Ko and Mal

Best Item Found: Nord's Tenderizer (Hell Baal)

Most Enjoyable Battle: Against an unique Sand Maggot*, and his minions, that was Magic Immune. The mess of corpse explosion after the battle was amazing. I should have screenshot it...but I didn't think about it.

*Game's in french, probably was an 'upgraded' version because I was in Hell difficulty

-----
Yeah, this is it. I love writing those kind of profiles :p. A very enjoyable experience that got easier as I went in higher difficulty.

Originally posted by Elfie on Nov 25, 2007:

My first Pat - Mr. Foo - gues who?

"Mom, look, I can transform into the Vampire!! Look at me!!"
"Honey, but what about your skills? Won't you train them? By the way, what smells so bad here?"
"Ooops! I was just training my skills, mom..."

Yep, ladies and gentlemen Elfie is back and she has a new fresh-maid Pat. This is my first Pat, usually I play "girls". But this one was a great fun for me. Not only because insane damage, but also because of tactics you need playing with any poison char. Please, welcome Mr.Foo - poison necromancer.

Name: Mr.Foo
lvl 81 Necromancer

Stats with/without gear:

Str:114/84
Dex:108/85
Vit:306/301
Enrg:30/25

Life: 873
Mana: 824

Resists: 75/75/75/75

Skills with/without gear:

Poison Dagger 34/20
Poison Explosion 33/20
Poison Nova 33/20
Clay Golem 10/2
Golem Mastery 10/2
Revive 9/1
Curses 9/1 each

Poison Dagger dmg 21k-22k
Poison Nova dmg 5312-5527
Fire wall dmg 1469-1508

Gear:

Full Trang's set
Blackbog's Sharp (4/4/5)
Mara's (a perfect one:azn: )
SoJ
Bahamut's ring (118 mana)
Silkweave
charms with resists, one charm +1 poison skills

Merc: AII normal, defensive
Shaftstop
Vampire's Gaze (eth)
Crescent Moon Cryptic axe

Why necro? I liked him most from all male chars (I mean his appearance:rolleyes: ) My friend and teacher-in-game Evah advised me a poiconmancer. He said something like that: "You'll cry F**** and OMG! before you reach the 30th lvl, but then - he's a killing machine". And he was right. I started this char long ago, but it was too hard to go through the normal, that I left him on the lvl 23 and didn't play at all for a few months. Then I felt that I must do it. Especially, because I had a good gear for him.

Why full Trang's set? The point is not only in practical usefullnes of the items. I collected this set just after I completed my first ever made Mat. And it was just lying in my stashes waiting for its time. And the time has come! The items are useful not only because they give -enemy psn res, they give some fire skills - Fireball, Meteor and Firewall. The dmg from the first two is funny, but Firewall is a great help in killing psn immunes. And it looks great:grin:

I haven't found some extremely rare uniques while playing the char, nor high runes. Only Fal from the Forge. But I really enjoyed playing with him.
So, thank you fo attention:girly:

Elfie

Originally posted by esd on Sep 8, 2005:

Patriarch Prusheen

1.11, SC, No mods
Theoretically twinked but this is my first char after starting from scratch so I have no items to twink him with.

I used to play D2 some time ago but I stopped playing about a year ago. I restarted Diablo a few weeks ago. And since I gave away all my items when I quit playing (some good stuff too), I had to start from scratch. So I chose a (relatively) gear-independant build - bone necromancer. Quite a few MF runs were also made along the way before I reached Pat. Hellforge dropped an Ist. Hell ancients were killed on the first try - just ran around throwing Bone spears at every opportunity.

Overall this char was very safe - only gloams and ghost-type monsters where a problem. Everyone else was imprisoned and killed with ease. The killing speed can get somewhat slow with magic immunes however - Tal Rashas tomb was a pain. Personally I think the removal of Marrowwalk bug has improved bone necros because now they must put points in Bone Prison - an excellent crowd control skill.

Name: Prusheen
Class/build: Bone necromancer
Level: 84

Stats:
STR 80
DEX 40
VIT 185
NRG 160

Skills:
Bone spear/spirit/wall/prison - maxed
Teeth - 13
Bone armor/Corpse explosion - 1 point

Gear:
'Lore' runeword circlet
Venomous amulet - +3 to P&B skills
'White' runeword bone wand with natural +3 bone spear 🤤
'Smoke' runeword field plate
'Rhyme' runeword bone shield
Rare gloves with 10% LightRes, 20% PoisonRes and 21% MF and 3% LL
Glooms Trap
Fortuitous Ring of Fortune - 39% MF
Scintillating Ring of the Fox - +10 HP, 15% res all
Rare boots with 20% FRW, 15% MF and some resists

Some charms with a total 19% MF, 13% LightRes , 7% ColdRes

Merc: Act 1 Fire
Merc Gear:
Rockstopper
ethereal, once upgraded Rockfleece
Cruel Ward Bow - 220% ED

Notable finds:
Bartuc's Cut-Throat
Crescent Moon ammy
Gimmershred
Pelta Lunata
Shaftstop
The Hand of Broc
Vampire Gaze with 20% PDR
Tarnhelm

Originally posted by Grape on Jan 12, 2019:

Patriarch Deucalion - Magic Only Bonemancer (Sept 2/7)

Introduction

Deucalion is the second one to finish from my Magic only Sept, and third if we count the Rare only also. It's over two years since the first one finished her journey, so it was about the time. I promise I'll do the best I can so that the next one won't take such a long time ;)

With my recent dive into (almost) full time 1.07 playing I finally took the time to rush some mules to be able to try my luck with some magic items and Larzuk. Deucaclion had been shelved for a good time, because I felt he reserved a better armor at least. Well, I succeeded with that, so it was a time to push on and Pat him.

Deucalion was particularly inspired by the wand he uses (Venomous Bone Wand of the Magus, +2 Bone Spear). That as a starting point, I tried to achieve as good damage as I could (this meant I went 100% for the Bone tree), along with decent life and resistances and the way to be somewhat sustainable with my mana and Bone Spear spamming. I also decided against the using of Corpse Explosion, because that's basically every other Necromancer's main killing tool, and because I'm such a unique snowflake.

Having no summons nor curses as hard points, I wanted some crowd control. This was dealt by a Holy Freeze mercenary and a weapon switch with a wand a shrunken head with a +Decrepify. I also used Bone Wall (at first), and Bone Prison (for most of the Hell) a lot.

Build

Pretty much as described above.

1586329870854.png
Bone Spirit (as a synergy) isn't maxed yet, and I could put one skiller more (I have a +44life one, can be equipped at level 83), so there's plenty of damage to be gained still. I have also 5 inventory slots reserved for random potions, and I had a Tome of Townportals in inventory as well. I never optimized my strength in the end (swap those SCs away, have a +9 str jool in switch wand/head etc. So there is some hefty +life and mana/res to be had there as well. I could have done all that only for this shot, but this is how I finished the Hell, so I didn't bother.

Skills & stats:
Code:
Name:       Deucalion
Class:      Necromancer
Experience: 843445966
Level:      82

Naked/Gear
Strength:   27/78
Dexterity:  25/25
Vitality:   423/423
Energy:     25/25
HP:         1042/1401
Mana:       187/301
Stamina:    568/589
Defense:    6/307
AR:         80/80

Fire:       216/176/116
Cold:       164/124/64
Lightning:  216/176/116
Poison:     164/124/64

MF:         0       Block:      1
GF:         0
FR/W:       40
FHR:        0
IAS:        0
FCR:        50

Amplify Damage: 0/0
Dim Vision: 0/0
Weaken: 0/0
Iron Maiden: 0/0
Terror: 0/0
Confuse: 0/0
Life Tap: 0/0
Attract: 0/1
Decrepify: 0/0
Lower Resist: 0/0

Teeth: 20/39
Bone Armor: 1/20
Poison Dagger: 0/0
Corpse Explosion: 1/20
Bone Wall: 20/39
Poison Explosion: 0/0
Bone Spear: 20/43
Bone Prison: 20/39
Poison Nova: 0/0
Bone Spirit: 11/30

Skeleton Mastery: 0/0
Raise Skeleton: 0/0
Clay Golem: 0/0
Golem Mastery: 0/0
Raise Skeletal Mage: 0/0
Blood Golem: 0/2
Summon Resist: 0/0
Iron Golem: 0/0
Fire Golem: 0/0
Revive: 0/0

Items:
Code:
Fungal Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x7d702805
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+25 to Life

Fungal Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5b8544b6
Item Level: 85
+4 to Strength

Fungal Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe7aaae4e
Item Level: 99
+6 to Life

Fungal Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xafd3dd4e
+27 to Life

Fungal Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd46a2328

Venomous Tiara of the Magus
Tiara
Defense: 45
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x7912c37f
Item Level: 97
+3 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+76 to Mana
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Perfect Sapphire

Perfect Sapphire
Required Level: 18
Weapons: Adds 10 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: +38 to Mana
Shields: Cold Resist +40%

Perfect Sapphire

Venomous Amulet of the Squid
Amulet
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x1274c5a2
Item Level: 93
+66 to Life

Triumphant Ring of the Apprentice
Ring
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0x50b37bf6
Item Level: 5
Version: Expansion
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+29 to Mana after each Kill

Scintillating Ring of the Titan
Ring
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x19878343
Item Level: 94
+18 to Strength
All Resistances +13

Coral Heavy Belt of the Squid
Heavy Belt
Defense: 6
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0xe17b3c08
+71 to Life
Lightning Resist +21%

Garnet Gauntlets of the Giant
Gauntlets
Defense: 13
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Level: 51
Required Strength: 60
Fingerprint: 0x896dbacd
+13 to Strength
Fire Resist +27%

Amber Greaves of Acceleration
Greaves
Defense: 14
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0x773c6e23
+40% Faster Run/Walk
Lightning Resist +31%

Shimmering Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x6173f6ea
Item Level: 88
+2 to Strength
All Resistances +3

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbe4b6d2b
+2 to Strength
All Resistances +5

Garnet Gothic Plate of the Whale
Gothic Plate
Defense: 129
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0x715cd676
+128 to Life
+38 to Mana
All Resistances +30
Fire Resist +25%
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Perfect Ruby

Um Rune
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Perfect Sapphire

Perfect Ruby
Weapons: Adds 15 - 20 Fire Damage
Armor: +38 to Life
Shields: Fire Resist +40%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf311016c
+2 to Strength
All Resistances +4

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0xa827255b
Item Level: 13

Shimmering Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0xacbc4a09
Item Level: 47
+25 to Life
All Resistances +15

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb64785f6
+1 to Strength
All Resistances +5

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3400894a
+1 to Strength
All Resistances +5

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0x10e34134
Item Level: 8

Cursing Grim Wand
Grim Wand
One Hand Damage: 5 - 11
Durability: 15 of 15
Fingerprint: 0x11785ec8
+3 to Curses (Necromancer only)
+2 to Decrepify (Necromancer Only)

Cursing Fetish Trophy of the Wolf
Fetish Trophy
Defense: 49
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0x69c37a13
+3 to Curses (Necromancer only)
Adds 25 - 50 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+3 to Decrepify (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Attract (Necromancer Only)
+15 to Life

Venomous Bone Wand of the Magus
Bone Wand
One Hand Damage: 3 - 7
Fingerprint: 0x42be1b49
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Blood Golem (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+8 to Strength
Replenish Life +3
+21 Maximum Stamina
All Resistances +10
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shadow Gyre

Shadow Gyre
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xfda35ad8
Item Level: 95
+8 to Strength
Replenish Life +3
+21 Maximum Stamina
Cold Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +10%
Fire Resist +10%
Poison Resist +10%

Venomous Fetish Trophy
Fetish Trophy
Defense: 45
Chance to Block: 0
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0x7ad67ae0
Item Level: 90
Adds 25 - 50 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+1 to Attract (Necromancer Only)
All Resistances +44
2 Sockets (2 used)

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Fungal Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x92438d1f
Item Level: 77
+11 to Life

Fungal Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9d7ade14

Mercenary:

Name:       Chalan
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Def-Nightmare
Experience: 66974612
Level:      82
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   181/181
Dexterity:  145/145
HP:         1647/1647
Defense:    1217/1478
AR:         1874/1874

Fire:       176/136/76
Cold:       176/136/76
Lightning:  176/136/76
Poison:    176/136/76

Artisan's Tiara of Life Everlasting
Tiara
Defense: 41
Durability: 22 of 25
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xb0a984ec
Damage Reduced by 46
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Sol Rune

Sol Rune
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Sol Rune

Sol Rune

Jeweler's Ancient Armor of Amicae
Ancient Armor
Defense: 220
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 100
Fingerprint: 0x8b07f0a
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 28
4 Sockets (4 used)

Sol Rune

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Sol Rune

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Cruel Ogre Axe of Fire
Ogre Axe
Two Hand Damage: 168 - 868
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 148
Required Dexterity: 52
Fingerprint: 0x4c5f3e5a
300% Enhanced Damage
Adds 2 - 6 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -20%
Ethereal
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Hel Rune

Amn Rune
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Hel Rune
Weapons: Requirements -20%
Armor: Requirements -15%
Shields: Requirements -15%

So it was really straight-forward. As many +skills as possible, then taking care of maximum amount of life, res and good amount of mana.

I tried to make my mercenary as sturdy as possible, because without those good runewords/uniques they become really quite less durable. It was a success, but I'm still looking for ideas to improve my merc(s) for my future magic only characters.

I had my Bone Armor up and working at all times possible, it absorbs 810 damage, so that was a nice addition to my safety. Bone Prison has 5249 life, and that lasts pretty well, especially when your enemy is Decrepified.

Journey

Sept thread has a couple posts from his earlier adventures, but IIRC I used magic only items from the start. Full time Teeth works until Bone Spear becomes available, especially those 1.07 MPK rings help a lot spamming everything in the earlier stages of the game. (And well, they certainly help a lot later as well, although you still have to drink mana potions regularly).

Some screen shots from late Hell:
1586329709569.png
Normal Izual has such a high life compared to Hell one. (Relatively speaking, ofc).

1586329696481.png
24 Teeth, 763-966 damage, is a plenty powerful tool agains small critters such as these and Act 5 demon imps for example. Still, Bone Spear was used pretty much whole time apart from these.

1586329679971.png
Acts I-III were played /players 3 and the last two at /p1. P1 Diablo hasn't that big life pool, at least compared to Baal. He was taken care of with quite the ease.

1586329625975.png
Earlier parts of the Act V flew by, and I rolled nothing dangerous monster/boss combos.

1586329617359.png
Ancients were dealt with without re-rolls. Couple juvs were give to the merc, that's about as exciting it really got. And well, Korlic can obviously Leap out of the Bone Prisons, I had to dodge him a little bit, because frankly I didn't want to test his damaging abilities when being Amp'd.

1586329598944.png
After smooth riding through the WSK levels, I was welcomed by these. I used the stairs a lot, returned to the town few times (Malah, there are motherfuc***g snakes on this motherfuc***g throne!). I don't know, maybe this doesn't look as scary situation, but there were two bosses I think, and those snakes really could hurt quickly a lot.

1586329589764.png
And then came the biggest obstacle on his journey, by far. Achmel the Cursed and his gang of Magic Immunes. The moment I had been waiting for. And boy they offered a good fight. Conviction and LE meant my merc had was in constant danger, and the pack could not be dealt with in front of Baal because of Decrepify. It took a long time before I managed to lure Achmel away. Then I did the same treatment to the rest. I was relieved to see his damage was enough to deal with them. Against Achmel I had to constantly feed him potions.

1586329581844.png
Extra Fast lister &co. could've been interesting without Decrepify. Now they kind of split their pack themselves and came to us in pairs. How handy! I refused to use Bone Prison against them, because I've sometimes had problems with Baal entering The Worldstone Chamber after using them.

1586329551822.png
Baal was surprisingly aggressive, even if Decrepfied. He cast the clone and those tentacles a lot. I even had to revive my merc few times during the battle. Fun variation compared to some melee builds when Baal is a click and hold type of battle.

I guess that's about it! Thanks for reading, and questions/comments are welcome of course! :)

Originally posted by Huorn on Jul 29, 2006:

Patriarch Chironex

Today I've patted my first character since at least one and a half years, if not more! Three months ago I started up DII for the first time since ages and found a Death's Web within twenty minutes. So I started a Venomancer, Chironex. Today he killed Hell Baal.

He's a blast to play. I didn't have any problems at all with him all true Hell. He could kill almost anything with PNova thanks to a huge amount of -enemy's poison resistance. Anything that remained poison immune succumbed to CE very quickly.

Ancient's were a laugh, I didn't even check the mods. Big D and Baal also weren't any problem at all. There's nothing this guy can't kill. The only halfway dangerous occasions occured when I didn't pay attention and he got swarmed without his Merc (Defiance) or golem.

I really used CE as a backup skill only though, because I wanted the poison to do most of the work. Although I had quite a good unique setup halfway through Hell I decided to give Trang's full set a try, and it was much better!

Here are the stats (numbers in brackets are base numbers):

Lvl 81 - Exp 757,503,697

STR: 106 (64)
DEX: 218 (179)
VIT: 232 (227)
NRG: 30 (25)

PNova Damage: 4492-4707

Stamina: 446 (371)
Life: 882 (649)
Mana: 575 (185)

Res all: 75 (-70)

Skills:
PDagger 30 (20)
PExplosion 30 (20)
PNova 30 (20)
CE 29 (19)
All Curses except Attract and Confuse 11 (1)
Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, Summon Resist 10 (1)

Gear:
Trang's full set
Death's Web
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Raven Frost
Dwarf Star
A bunch of resist and vita charms, a few strength charms

Don't know what I'll do next, yet. I have a MA sin parked somewhere in hell and I might try something completely different. Chironex' future probably lies with Pit running

Originally posted by janooo on Nov 16, 2011:

Patriarch #4 - Bone necro

Let me introduce my 4th Patriarch, Decay, a bone necro.
I was planning to quest through the game with a this build for a long time. Eventually, I started him during the PvP ladder in June, because I was having a hard time beating anyone with my barb there, won only a couple matches with him (literally). Hopefully, this guy will be more effective on the Moor. :)

The Character:
Rich (BB code):
Decay, lvl 95 Necromancer

Stats: Naked/Gear
Strength:   106/106
Dexterity:  25/25
Vitality:   409/419
Energy:     25/25

Life: 1054
Mana: 595

Resists (in Hell):
Fire: 75 (85)
Cold: 75 (77)
Lightning: 65
Poison: 48

Bone Spear dam.: 4064-4274
Bone Spirit dam. on switch: 3765-4023
Bone Armor: absorbs 810 damage

FCR: 136   FHR: 63   MF: 0
Skills:
Curses:
Amp. Damage, Weaken, Terror, Decrepify - 1 (12)

Poison & Bone skills:
Teeth - 17 (33)
Corpse Explosion - 1 (17)
Bone Spear - 20 (41)
Bone Spirit (switch) - 20 (37)
Bone Armor - 1 (20)
Bone Wall & Bone Prison - 20 (36)

Summoning skills:
Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, Summon Resist - 1 (11)

The Gear:
Code:
Helm: 'Doom Horn' rare coronet - 2Necro/20FCR/25@res (socketed with 14@res jewel)
Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi - 50@res/9MDR ('Um')
Gloves: Frostburn
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Boots: Silkweave
Amulet: 'Rune Heart' crafted (2Necro/16FCR/18@res/10FR)
Ring 1: The Stone of Jordan
Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan
Weapon: 'White' Petrified Wand (+3Bone Spear/+2Poison Nova)
Shield: Darkforce Spawn (+3Curse/+3P&B/+2Summoning socketed with 'Um')
On Switch:
Weapon: Boneshade (+4Bone Armor/+3Bone Wall/+3Bone Spear/+2Bone Spirit/+5Teeth)
Shield: Boneflame (23@res)

Charms:
GCs: 2x Fungal of Balance, Ruby of Balance (27%FR), Sapphire of Balance (29%CR)
SCs: Shimmering of Balance (3%@res), 2x Coral of Balance (8,9%LR)
Also carried both tomes, key and the cube, 4x4 free space
The readouts:
Code:
Doom Horn
Coronet
Defense: 72
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x2e99b25
+77% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +25
3% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +4
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

Scintillating Jewel of Honor
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xfe7cab94
All Resistances +14
Replenish Life +4

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
'Um'
Defense: 279
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Strength: 43
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x75397bf8
+120% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 9
All Resistances +50
30% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels

Frostburn
Gauntlets
Defense: 48
Required Strength: 60
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x7ebc3f34
+18% Enhanced Defense
+5% Enhanced Damage
+30 Defense
Adds 1-6 cold damage over 2 seconds
Increase Maximum Mana 40%

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 135
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x650c435a
+115% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
Slows Target by 10%
Level 3 Venom (11/11 Charges)

Silkweave
Mesh Boots
Defense: 124
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 36
Item Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x2a099b11
+177% Enhanced Defense
+200 Defense vs. Missile
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
30% Faster Run/Walk
+5 to Mana After Each Kill

Rune Heart
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x9753a615
+11 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +18%
Cold Resist +18%
Poison Resist +18%
16% Faster Cast Rate

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x6597ecc9
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xd5206135
+20 to Mana
+1 to All Skill Levels

White
Petrified Wand
'DolIo'
One-Hand Damage: 8 to 24
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 35
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xb5018619
+10 to Vitality
+13 to Mana
Magic Damage Reduced by 4
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Poison Nova (Necromancer Only)
+4 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
150% Damage to Undead
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Darkforce Spawn
Bloodlord Skull
'Um'
Defense: 415
Chance to Block:  32%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xbf5a4bbe
+179% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +22
30% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Curses (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

Boneshade
Lich Wand
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 31
Durability: 17 of 17
Required Level: 79
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x150c80d2
25% Faster Cast Rate
+4 to Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Bone Wall (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Bone Spirit (Necromancer Only)
+5 to Teeth (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead

Boneflame
Succubus Skull
Defense: 357
Chance to Block:  30%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x640d4746
+143% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +23
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
20% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance to cast Level 3 Terror when struck
Charms:
Code:
Fungal Grand Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Fingerprint: 0x8e682ee3
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Fingerprint: 0xe7fa1ee2
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Ruby Grand Charm of Balance
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0xa4ab1ad2
Fire Resist +27%
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Sapphire Grand Charm of Balance
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x60639279
Cold Resist +29%
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Shimmering Small Charm of Balance
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x5a6279de
All Resistances +3
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Coral Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x241a4475
Lightning Resist +9%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Coral Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x94254a00
Lightning Resist +8%
5% Faster Hit Recovery
The Merc:
Neeraj, act2 Normal Combat (Prayer)
Helm: Guillaume's Face (Jewel of Fervor)
Armor: 'Treachery' eth Wyrmhide
Weapon: 'Insight' 1.07 eth Giant Thresher
Code:
Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x6da1a470
+15 to Strength
+120% Enhanced Defense
15% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike

Treachery
Wyrmhide
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 1057
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Strength: 74
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x3260c8bc
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 15 Fade when struck
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

Insight
Giant Thresher
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 204 to 641
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Dexterity: 130
Required Strength: 178
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 98
Fingerprint: 0x5c14e9f9
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+225% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+6 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
220% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 17 Meditation Aura When Equipped
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)
Questing:
Normal:
/players8. Started meleeing with the Infernal set early on :D Actually the +8MinDam on the wand was useful for a few levels. Meleed through act1 as fast as I could (quite slowly because of the lack of hax Raven Claw back then), hit lvl18 at Catacombs. Bone spear with mana pots killed Andy quickly.
Equipped Gravenspine in early act2 which almost doubled my mana, so I was able to spam lvl8 bone spears (lvl20) without mana pots. Same thing happened when I equipped 'Spirit' sword at lvl25 (Arcane Sanct.), which added 104 mana to my 93 base. Questing was quite fun back then ('Spirit'+Magefist+'Stealth' is awsome on casters early on).
Put 'Insight' on the merc and equipped the SoJs and (the ugly looking) Vipermagi myself. After that, Normal was very fast..

Nightmare:
..so as Nightmare. Can't remember much from this difficulty, I ran through on it pretty much.
Here is a wonderful pic with the fight vs Meph. Enjoy it! No idea why I've used Bone Prison that much, probably I wanted him to kill the merc or something like that.

Hell:
When I reached the Pits, I respecced him to poison, then levelled him from lvl73 to 95. After that I continued my journey (switched back to /players5).
Well, the game is not exactly hard to beat with such a high level char, still I managed to die twice. First, Sszark one-hit killed me in the Spider Cavern, when I trapped myself with him into a Bone Prison. Then some Sirens pwned me either in the Frozen River or the Driftern Caverns, can't remember.
The battle with the Ancients wasn't exactly hard, I think I switched back to /p3 before that. Baal duplicated himself instantly and teleported all over the place, but went down eventually.

Finds:
Hellforge: Ith/Io/Lum
30MF Nagelring in act5, Nightmare
Mal in Hell CS
Also, these in the Pits
Code:
Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x5f5df1a8
Item Level: 62
+53 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Echoing Amulet of Luck
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x25ea4294
Item Level: 82
+3 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
27% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Mal Rune
Required Level: 49
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7 Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Thoughts:
He was a fun char to play, especially early in the game when he becomes even more and more stronger.
He became a bit boring towards the end, but I think mainly because I went on /p5, so every kill required spamming of Bone Spear. It would be much faster on /p1 (and less tedious).
I've had Boneshade and Boneflame on switch because as far as I know they give the highest damage for Bone Spirit (I didn't have +2/3Spirit wand), but eventually I ended up using that switch very rarely.

Future:
After a respec, he is ready for PvP. Hopefully with better results than my barb..

To everyone who helped me with trading his pvp gear:
- nulio for Enigma and 3/20 P&B coronet :badteeth:
- omg, Kaerion, zgpmf, WoRG, Albatross for the skillers
- frozzzen again for lending me the DWeb :highfive:
(Also, thanks for the invaluable advices and for recommending your favorite build frozz. I enjoyed it indeed! :D:p)
To you, for reading!

Comments, questions, any advice about PvP are welcome.
👋

Last edited:
Originally posted by @maareek on Jul 5, 2009:

Patriarch Trangs, Poisonmancer with Skellies

Introduction
:

A quick note before I get started: this char is the same one who ran in the Area Level 85 MF Tournament back in October of '08, but at that time he was named Blighter.

The poisonmancer captured my imagination very early on in my D2 career and I always wanted to make one. This guy was the first, but definitely won't be the last - not because he was flawed, but because it was just that enjoyable.

The Character:

Character name : Trangs
Character level : 92

Strength : 85 (128)
Energy : 25 (30)
Dexterity : 218 (242)
Vitality : 222 (242)

Life : 827 / 655
Mana : 652 / 207

Skills:

20: Poison Dagger, Poison Explosion, Poison Nova, Skeleton Mastery
6: Raise Skeleton
5: Corpse Explosion
1: Skeleton Mage, Summon Resist, Lower Resist and the required skills to get there

Poison Nova damage: 7072-7309

Points are in Skeleton Mastery because I wanted tanks, not damage dealers. Not that they would have been much help otherwise, but putting points in Mastery was a more pleasing proposition to my mind.

The split points between RS and CE represent a late change in direction. I didn't decide to up CE until I had done quite a bit of Pit running and saw how much it could speed things up. The extra points in RS came in handy a time or two, though.

Gear:

Code:
Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 28
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x453454dd
+36 poison damage over 2 seconds
+8 Life after each Kill
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
+12 to Mana After Each Kill
100% Chance to cast Level 23 Venom When You Level Up
+3% to Poison Skill Damage
-48% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xe1e08755
+3% to Poison Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Trang-Oul's Wing
Cantor Trophy
Defense: 179
Chance to Block:  60%
Durability: 19 of 20
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0xe32ee4bd
+25 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
+30% Increased Chance of Blocking
+125 Defense
Fire Resist +45%
Poison Resist +40%
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
100% Chance to cast Level 51 Poison Nova When You Die
+5% to Poison Skill Damage

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
-30% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Replenish Life +15

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xa8da70f3
100% Chance to cast Level 51 Poison Nova When You Die

Trang-Oul's Guise
Bone Visage
Defense: 218
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xd162015b
+150 to Mana
+99 Defense
Replenish Life +5
Attacker Takes Damage of 20
25% Faster Hit Recovery

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x8b4dd5f5

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xa543c7e9
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +30
+2 to All Skill Levels

Trang-Oul's Scales
Chaos Armor
Defense: 857
Durability: 69 of 70
Required Strength: 84
Item Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0xf71943f1
+150% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +40%
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40%
40% Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

Lightning Resist +50%
Damage Reduced by 25%

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Chaos Armor

24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Trang-Oul's Claws
Heavy Bracers
Defense: 71
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0x36c113aa
+30 Defense
Cold Resist +30%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Curses (Necromancer Only)
+25% to Poison Skill Damage

Trang-Oul's Girth
Troll Belt
Defense: 143
Required Strength: 91
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xc6c13b02
+66 to Life
+37 to Mana
+30 to Maximum Stamina
+80 Defense
Replenish Life +5
Requirements -40%
Cannot Be Frozen

Cold Resist +40%

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb5e5d7e5
+20 to Mana
+1 to All Skill Levels

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xcbf4680
+50 to Maximum Stamina
3% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+46 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Sandstorm Trek
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 161
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 91
Required Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0xea5e312
+13 to Strength
+15 to Vitality
+145% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +65%
20% Faster Run/Walk
20% Faster Hit Recovery
50% Slower Stamina Drain
+92 to Maximum Stamina (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Charms:

Code:
Fingerprint: 0xb5ce1daf
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Fungal Grand Charm of Dexterity
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0x4e0c84fb
+4 to Dexterity

Fungal Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x761e21cc

Fungal Grand Charm
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x932a0451

Fungal Grand Charm of Fire
Fingerprint: 0xeb50a7d4
Adds 1-3 fire damage

Ruby Small Charm of Balance
Required Level: 32
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x57081415
Fire Resist +10%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Coral Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x99a1b31b
Lightning Resist +9%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xf1ca2ced
114% Extra Gold from Monsters
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 12%

Tangerine Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xc307b306
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +4%

Emerald Small Charm of Balance
Required Level: 32
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xd3a4fef0
Poison Resist +10%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Ocher Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x22740027
Lightning Resist +6%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x90d35ed0
All Resistances +4
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Shimmering Small Charm of Storms
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x35d55041
All Resistances +5
Adds 1-20 lightning damage

Waheed, level 92 Defiance merc:

Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 378
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Strength: 48
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x9f678bf5
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 12
Damage Reduced by 17%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
6% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (1: 1 used)

Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x5161ff71

Duress
Fabian's Archon Plate
'ShaelUmThul'
Defense: 2557
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 93
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x29899e45
+175% Enhanced Defense
+50% Enhanced Defense
+13% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +45%
Poison Resist +15%
Adds 37-133 cold damage over 2 seconds
40% Faster Hit Recovery
33% Chance of Open Wounds
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
-20% Slower Stamina Drain

Obedience
Thresher
'HelKoThulEthFal'
Two-Hand Damage: 84 to 1097
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 84
Required Strength: 112
Required Level: 53
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x5d47c3bb
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
+370% Enhanced Damage
+252 Defense
All Resistances +29
Adds 3-14 cold damage over 3 seconds
Requirements -20%
40% Faster Hit Recovery
-25% Target Defense
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
30% Chance to cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill an Enemy
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)

Went with Defiance hoping it would make some difference running in and out of monsters; I think it helped some, though I'd still suggest going with something else.

The Journey:

He was started over a year ago after I found my DWeb, but was parked at a very early level for several months until I came across Trang's hat and belt. From there, I slogged my way through to 30+ and didn't look back. Quickly got to the Pits and started running. Very well suited to that job. In the alvl 85 tourney I decided to give him a shot as a serious MF runner, Ptopazing the armor and stuffing the inventory full of MF charms (I had >260 MF on him, but had to put stuff in the cube to pick it up) and was pleased with his ability. Got down to just over 2 minute run times at p3 by the end.

Normal and Nightmare:

I put a few points in skeletons early to have a meat shield while I tried to use poison dagger through the early levels. Didn't really work out, and he ended up going melee with full sigon's and Blood Crescent until level 30. That part was really not fun, in a drastic understatement kind of way. Once I was able to start pumping Poison Nova things got a lot easier and much more enjoyable. Don't really remember the rest of Normal or any of Nightmare, other than they were easy; especially after the DWeb and trang's hat became available near the end of NM.

Hell:

He got to the Pits at around level 77 and stayed there until 91. By the time he left, his gear had improved even further, and the rest of the act, along with act 2, went by easily at p7. Act 3 proved just as simple, but ridiculously more enjoyable as the sight of seven billion flayers dropping before they can reach you is gratifying beyond words. Mephisto, at p3, took awhile, but that's to be expected with act bosses.

Act 4 saw a drop to p5, and Venom Lords were still a bit of a pain. CE helped immensely, though, and though it was comparably lengthy, this section proved no more dangerous than the others. Hell Forge was a disappointment. The CS took a few merc resurrections, but no other worries. Diablo was slow but harmless. Act 5 continued the p5, as well as the relatively harmless environment. Save for one point in the WSK where my bulb dropped to no red showing after one charge from an ES Reanimated Horde, I don't remember any real issues. Don't recall gloams at Anya.

Throne had gloams, mummies and frenzytaurs, none of which proved a challenge. In fact, the only issue I had was with wave 4 (as you'd expect). Unbreakable poison immunity and they do enough damage to rip up a skeleton army. Had to retreat a bit and use considerable amounts of decrepify and CE, but the merc and a lone skeleton cleared up. Lister was a joke. Baal likewise, save for the refusing to die for 2 minutes thing. Considering the low MF, the golden Spired Helm was a very nice surprise.

Finds:
-NM Forge: Pul
-Hell Forge: Hel
-Fal rune in NM LK
-Pul rune in the Pits
-Ko rune in the Pits
-Nightwing's Veil (+14) in LCS shot
-Snake's(28) GC of Sustenance(29)
-Qualifiers from the alvl 85 tourney (probably have to scroll down a tad).
-Non-qualifiers from the alvl85 tourney (batch1) (batch2).
-Lots of others that are too far back and forgotten by now

Future:

Trangs is my main pit runner, but I intend to make a different style poisonmancer to see if I can improve on him. So this guy's future depends largely on my next character's performance. Even if the new necro on the block proves superior, I'll probably run this one every now and again just for the speed aspect - the vampire form is crazy fast.

Thanks to:

-jrlafrance, who traded the facets in the hat and shield.
-Ashmer Amadeus, who auctioned off the Fungal of Balance.
-Fabian, who gave the 1.07 eth AP Duress
-Pyrohemia, who traded the 1.07 eth Thresher

And thanks to you for reading. Short thread this time, but hope you still enjoyed it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Last edited:
Originally posted by @Pijus on Jul 22, 2009:

Pijus's poisonmancer writeup

Patriarch FlyAmanita – poisonmancer

Wooohoo! I finally beat the game with my poisonmancer. Here’s some stuff about him, it’s late, and I’m getting sleepy, and I’m also lazy, so don’t expect too much readouts and stuff. They’re hard to read anyway.

Skills&Stats:

20 Poison nova
20 Poison explosion
20 Poison dagger
20 CE(not there yet)
1 in revive and prereqs(and 1 in skeleton mastery)
1 in curses except confuse and attract(attract is a really cool curse, but I guess I was being greedy for synergies when I was getting him through NM)
1 in summon resist

Life: About 760
Mana: about 440
Stamina: 1500 or so :p

Damage: About 7,5k nova, 33k-34k dagger, 66k explosion.

He’s level 85 now. I teleported past a lot of monsters, either because I was experimenting with new(crappy) equipment, or there were many poison immunes that I didn’t feel wasting my gases on. He’s level 85 because I ran the pits a few times.

Equipment:

Harley with a cool jewel(29 LR, some dex, some cold damage(that jewel is in there because I took the Harley from my fishyzon))
Blackbogs sharp(I like stabbing things with it)
Trangs gloves
Arachnid mesh
SoJ+BKWB
Venomous amulet
of 8 dexterity
Rare boots with ~35 fire & light res, 20 frw, 10 fhr
Skullder’s ire with a jewel of fervor(took this from my Zerker barb)

I used much crappier stuff for most of the game, as I didn’t have extra skill rings, and thought that Trangs shield is awesome. It’s not.

Heres a very special paragraph that I want to especially emphasize:

Trangs set sucks for a poisonmacner. For a real poisonmancer who likes to get his hands dirty(and bloody), and not hide behind a wall of skelies trangs set completely ruins everything. The running speed is nice, but the castrate is crippling. To cover more targets a poisonmancer may need to run into the middle of a crowd, and when you cast in a middle of a crowd while wearing trangs set, you’re pretty much dead.

OK. I really needed to get that off my chest. Awful set. Awful.

Merc. Heather the fire rogue, wearing some sort of white armor with 3(or was it 4?) ias jewels, Guilleaumes(I’ve no idea how to spell that) face, and a Harmony blade bow(201 ED if I’m not mistaked). I think I hired Heather at the start of hell, when I saw that I my act2 merc ate a zombie’s fist, and subsequently died because of it.

Playstyle: I’m not going to write everything up, because I don’t remember, since most of it was months ago. I picked him up at RoF and played him to patriarch an hour ago.

Throughout normal and NM I used an act2 merc some revives, and had them tank enemies. That didn’t work in hell, so I got me a rogue, and went with the crazy fast reckless hit and run approach. Whoever said a poisonmancer is a relaxed build not requiring much attention(there was a thread about that and a poisonmancer was mentioned) needs to try this style of playing. It’s great fun. Lots of chaos though, when your revives and the enemies, mix into a single blob, projectiles flying everywhere. Oh, yeah, I continued to use revives. They help. Especially in tough areas. In easy areas everyone falls over and dies. Um... I did some stabbing with my dagger. I’d run up to some tougher monster and give him a poke. He’d fall over about 20 seconds later, about at the same time as the last monster in immediate vicinity. Work wonders with OK’s.

Conclusion: I don’t like this build with sub-awesome equipment. With my endgame gear(that I posted here) he’s one of the most fun characters. I very much recommend to try the harmony rogue for whoever builds one of these.

If I forgot something, I’ll edit it in later. By the way, how do you colour your text? Would make this a little easier to read.

Any questions?

Originally posted by Randall on Jul 14, 2004:

Patriarch Randall

Hi,

my second 1.10 character and necromancer to kill Baal on Hell is Randall, my bonemancer. Although it's a bonemancer, I tried not to use bone walls/prisons for standard. (Or when, than prisons only first). I don't have enigma's to tele beyond them.

The purpose was to create a fun to play character capable of going through all parts of Hell while have a lot of mf. After doing a few runs on andy / memphisto / river of flame / hephasto / wsk / baal / cows I actually got bored with mf runs allready, how do you guys keep running them ?

He died only once and that only due to stupidity of it's guide (me). (forgot the effect of cows/bone wall) Going into a cow level, place a bone wall and look surprised when a lot of cows come is a good way to die.

One big mistake was to switch from defience merc to might merc on nightmare, at least I think it is but I don't know if I have the patience to get my another one from normal and lvl him to 84.

As for capable of going through all parts of hell:
life 1000+
mana 400+
bone armor: absorbs 720 damage
res F/C/L: 23/23/75
res poison: not sure either 0 or slightly negative

Offensive:
Bone Spear with +3 Spear white wand: around 2200 avg magic damage
Bone Spirit with +3 Spirit white wand: around 2600 avg magic damage (but uses a lot of mana)
CE: 5 yards
Merc: dmg, not sure (around 1000 avg I guess) + 80% Crushing Blow, works good together with my Amp. (1.8k life)

Defensive:
Clay Golum: 2k life
Bone Wall/Prison: 4k life

Using P1 I can go through any part of Hell without any troubles, the first kill is fast and CE is very fast killing on P1.

I even found a relative good Hell map to run multiple parts. Memph is close by, hephasto is close by, wsk 2 to 3 is close by, wsk 3 to throne is a bit further but good to do, andy is a bit further but good to do. I start close by to the cow king, but if I walk a bit first it's good.

MF:
gear + charms: around 500% mf
switch: around 125% mf extra
merc kill: around 150% mf extra

with the on switch gear I could still increase a lot of mf, if I could only find a lot of Ist's (yeah right).

Items used are:
- shako's
- tal's armor/amulet/belt
- chance guards
- war trav's
- nagelring + magical mf ring
- charms + gheeds
- normal weapon: white wand (+3 bonesprear)
- normal shield: Homunculus
- switch: ali baba's with 2 jewels
- switch: rhyme

Merc:
- hone sundan (amn/amn/sheal)
- Guillamo's face
- skulder's

Randall

Originally posted by Reborn2k on Jan 6, 2005:

Patriarch Kanthor

Hi!

I just patted my bonemage Kanthor. First some stats! ;)

Stats (base):

Strength - 75
Dexterity - 25
Vitality - 305
Energy - 70

Skills (base):

Bonespear 20
Boneprison 20
Bonewall 20
Teeth 18
Bonearmor 1
Bonespirit 1

Decrepify 1 + prereqs

Revive 1 + prereqs

Items:

Harlequin crest
Mara's Caleidoscope
White wand
Skin of the Vipermagi
Homunculus
Frostburn
Arachnid mesh
Silkweave

Storm Grip
Ring
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x44d48c96
+13 to Energy
+84 to Mana
+29 to Attack Rating
+6 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +7

Grim Finger
Ring
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0xa422d2d
+84 to Mana
+83 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +6%
26% Extra Gold from Monsters
Half Freeze Duration
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Charged Bolt when struck

Mercenary:

I had no mercenary... lololol. I somehow missed it, but I did fine with boneprison and I felt like I didn't need a merc. However, in nightmare act 5 I realized that something was going wrong, because it just wasn't any fun to run around, cast a prison around monsters and shoot them. So I took the liberty and enabled reivives with 1 point in it. That kinda increased the fun and gave me some blockers, although they don't seem to be able to kill anything. Overall this was a very disappointing character. I think I have quite good equipment (although no skillers except an +1 to curses, but I had a slvl 32 bonespear), but bonespear damage isn't really good without the marrowwalk synergy. Only 2.4k here... Er, however, I just needed one corpse and then I CE'd them all away! :) And that's what I love about necros! AD + CE is kinda deadly. :)

After I patted him, I will do 1 or 2 baalruns until I'm lvl 82 and teeth is maxed. Then I will retire him! :)

My next project is my multishot amazon. She's at lvl 54 act 3 nm currently and I hope I can get her through the game quite fast, because she isn't as much fun as at the beginning anymore... She's infact the last of my active characters who isn't pat or mat! So after her I can safely move onto new projects: A skelemancer, my first assasin and druid (cough), ....

Originally posted by RobbyD on Apr 10, 2014:

Patriarch MC_Snails - Beta Bramble Poison Nova Necro

I finished this character a while back, and was planning on presenting the Patriarch, but I lost the D2 drive at that point. But, at long last, I've finished this intro.

BACKGROUND

So as I was running for the 1.09 WF for my last 1.09 character, I got thinking about builds I wanted to try in 1.13 once I was free to pursue this patch. A character that came up in conversations with a buddy that used to play, and jived very well with leveraging cheezy overpowered beta runewords, is the Poisonmancer. I had a pretty nice stack of 1.09 Vex runes, so I figured if I had the patience to run 1.09 Pindle for the WF, I had the patience for getting the runes necessary for beta Bramble.

I have heard folks talk about using beta Bramble on a number of characters (PJ Zon, Venom Sin, Rabies Druid), but there is, IMHO, simply no choice between a Poisonmancer and any of these other characters for maximizing this item. I already planned on using the Trang's 3-piece for the EPD and reduced EPR, but then Nulio was good enough to trade me a Death's Web (and some 1.10a BWKBs), so I had everything I needed for an insanely OP build. I did go ahead and do the extra HF rushing for another beta CtA (lackluster roll of 9 BO, so I kept that in 1.10s and used my 12BO CtA for this), which resulted in a riduculous number of Larzuk rewards, so I wasn't stingy with sockets.

And, thus, MC_Snails was created. His name is a play on the Marble Coned Snail, which is a very poisonous critter.

So it is my pleasure to present:

Patriarch MC_Snails - 1.13 Poisonmancer (using broken time-travel gear)

Character name : MC_Snails
Character level : 89
Character exp : 1612075045

LCS on Hell Baal defeat (BO had expired)

Stats (Base/Equipped)
Strength : 50/103
Energy : 25/27
Dexterity : 187/207
Vitality : 273/275
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0
?

Life (Base/BO'd): 753/2004
Mana (Base/BO'd): 201/685
Stamina : 425/971
Final Resists: 75/70/75/75

Final Skills:

Summoning: (Base/Equipped)
Clay Golem: 4/13
Golem Mastery: 5/14
Summon Resist: 1/10
?

Poison & Bone: (Base/Equipped)
Teeth: 1/18
Corpse Explosion: 11/28
Poison Dagger: 20/37
Poison Explosion: 20/37
Poison Nova: 20/37
?

Curses: (Base/Equipped)
Amplify Damage: 1/13
Dim Vision: 1/13
Weaken: 1/13
Iron Maiden: 1/13
Terror: 1/13
Life Tap: 1/13
Decrepify: 1/13
Lower Resist: 11/23

Hell Weapon/Shield:
Main (DWeb traded from Nulio - the poison facet was one I found)
Code:
Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 28
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x59c5d325
+11 Life after each Kill
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
+12 to Mana After Each Kill
+4% to Poison Skill Damage
-49% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x57d43669
+4% to Poison Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Trang-Oul's Wing
Cantor Trophy
'Um'
Defense: 183
Chance to Block:  60%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0xd893c2a5
+25 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
+30% Increased Chance of Blocking
+125 Defense
Fire Resist +65%
Lightning Resist +22%
Cold Resist +22%
Poison Resist +62%
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Replenish Life +15

Um Rune
Inserted into a Cantor Trophy

All Resistances +22

BO Switch (CtA rolled back when I rolled the 15BO CtA my Teslot uses)

Code:
Call to Arms
War Scepter
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
One-Hand Damage: 35 to 60
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 57
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xaca1e55e
GUID: 0xca012d88 0x11d1e814 0x0
+253% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Increased Attack Speed
+12 to Battle Orders
+10 to Battle Cry
+7 to Battle Command
+2 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
+1 to Meditation (Paladin Only)
Prevent Monster Heal
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Lidless Wall
Grim Shield
Defense: 321
Chance to Block:  40%
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x973165a4
GUID: 0xffffffff 0xdeadbeef 0x0
+10 to Energy
+113% Enhanced Defense
+1 to Light Radius
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
?

Hell Armor:

Helm: Harlequin Crest (pTopaz)
Ammy: Rare "Bitter Eye" (readout below - had been collecting dust in 1.09)
Armor: MY PRECIOUS: Beta Bramble Dusk Shroud (readout below)
Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws
Belt: Trang-Oul's Girth
Boots: Rare "Storm Greaves" (readout below)
Ring1: 1.10a Bul Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring2: Rare "Order Coil" Ring (readout below)

Code:
Bitter Eye
Amulet
Item Level: 97
Fingerprint: 0xde9a6dae
+18 to Strength
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +52%
Cold Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
Level 2 Teleport (25/25 Charges)
?

Bramble
Dusk Shroud
'RalOhmSurEth'
Defense: 765
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 61
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x2bc53ef1
GUID: 0x3f8582b4 0x3f8582b4 0x0
Regenerate Mana 15%
+300 Defense
Fire Resist +30%
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Poison Resist +100%
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
+13 Life after each Kill
50% Faster Hit Recovery
Level 21 Thorns Aura When Equipped
Level 13 Spirit of Barbs (33/33 Charges)
+168% to Poison Skill Damage
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Storm Greaves
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 14
Fingerprint: 0x78655a87
+3 to Dexterity
+21% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +7%
Lightning Resist +39%
16% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
30% Faster Run/Walk

Order Coil
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x7a0c0b8
+105 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%
Replenish Life +4
26% Extra Gold from Monsters
10% Faster Cast Rate

The +18 on the rare ammy was just so nice with helping me gear up his STR for the Trang's belt. Having the extra -25% EPR from the partial set on the Trang's Wing was the goal here.

Hell Charms:

Fungal Grand Charm of Strength (4)
Fungal Grand Charm of Sustenance (22)
Fungal Grand Charm of Greed
3x Fungal Grand Charm
2x Hexing Grand Charm of Vita (both 39)
Shimmering Small Charm of Strength (5/2)
Shimmering Small Charm of Strength (4/2)
Various resist, MF, and 1.09 Inertia SCs
?

Endgame Merc Gear (the weapon is beta Crescent Moon in a 1.07 base Thresher):
I made this beta Crescent Moon Thresher in a base I paid handsomely for years ago - after making it, I struggled in finding a scenario where it would best be used - I can't think of a better use for it than for this character. It worked pretty well, but PN worked so fast that I really didn't notice the impact of the Static very often.

Code:
Treachery
Superior Scarab Husk
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 804
Durability: 15 of 17
Required Strength: 85
Fingerprint: 0x15617f27
+13% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +30%
Increase Maximum Durability 12%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 15 Fade when struck
?

Crown of Thieves
Grand Crown
Defense: 336
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0xc33b22bf
+25 to Dexterity
+50 to Life
+35 to Mana
+195% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +33%
Lightning Resist +26%
12% Life stolen per hit
87% Extra Gold from Monsters

Ambergris Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xcdea0aeb
Lightning Resist +26%

Crescent Moon
Superior Thresher
'ShaelUmTir'
Two-Hand Damage: 62 to 837
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 108
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 53
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xcae8260
GUID: 0x479d2a0 0x479d2a0 0x0
+247% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Attack Rating
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
+10 Magic Absorb
20% Chance to cast Level 13 Static Field on striking
10% Chance to cast Level 17 Chain Lightning on striking
Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (20/30 Charges)
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

I loaded him up with IAS to maximize the proc-ing of that Static. I kept the Crown of Thieves over Andy's because I did want maxed resist when he's not Faded - he spends a lot of time un-faded.

Planning:

Well, I was originally going to go with a Blackbog's Sharp with the partial Trang's -25%EPR, and opt for stabbing act bosses, but wiser players than I impressed upon me the huge impact a Death's Web would have. Luckily, I had some nice skillers to trade for the DWeb (and BKWBs) from Nulio. I'm very glad I did.

The challenge I had was to manage requirements through NM so that I had the right allocation in Hell (I know, I know - there' respec now, but an old 1.09 guy like myself just doesn't want to resort to that). The Trang's Wing and that fantastic ammy made it doable.

CHARACTER PROGRESSION

Early Normal (twink gear):

Pretty straigtforward - along with my usual favorite partial set mix-and-match (Arctic/Death's/Angelic), an Envy Bow from Level 1-15 (I especially like the second affixes on some of the Envy Jewels):

Code:
Gemmed Long Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 3 to 10
Required Dexterity: 19
Required Strength: 22
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xe868ab5a
+5 Defense
Cold Resist +15%
Poison Resist +10%
+100 poison damage over 2 seconds
17% Extra Gold from Monsters
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Levels 15-30 were, of course, managed using a converted 1.09 Raven Claw (worked just fine, but slowed down in Act 3)

Late Normal (Main Skill):

At level 30, the main skill was avaialable, so items like Skin and Peasant Crown went on the boost the level.

At level 42, very useful items like skillers and Homunculus were equipped (though the Hexing of Vita charms weren't available, so I used lower level suffix Hexing charms), which boosted damage output nicely.

For the Merc, I decided not to bring my 1.09 eth Honor Partizan forward. Instead, I used one of the many socket rewards I have avaialble and put an Amn Rune in a Hwanin's Justice.
?

Nightmare:

While the beta Bramble was available at level 61, so it could have been put on in Act 3, and the Death's Web is available at level 66, I opted to hold off until Hell equip these items, sticking with Blackbog's Sharp and Skin of the Vipermagi. I did, however, set him up with the Trang's 3-piece when I could equip it - that took a little bit of gear-juggling due to the STR requirement of the Trang's Girth. My 2 Hexing GCs of Vita were equipped at level 69.

I also went ahead and equipped the beta CtA on casting switch when it became available.

For the merc, come level 53, I was torn between the Obedience and the beta Crescent Moon, but the decision ended up being made for me. Obedience uses Hel, which makes a Thresher light enough for a level 53 merc to carry, whereas Crescent Moon does not. So Obedience was used through NM.

Hell:

Here's where the really broken equipment was equipped - beta Bramble, Death's Web, 1.10a BKWB, and beta Crescent Moon for the Merc.

I noted a real difference in Nova effectiveness with the DWeb and beta Bramble, as most monsters went back to dying to a single Nova, and most importantly, broken PnI monsters died to one or two Novas as well.
?

SO... How did he do?

Damage output from Poison Nova varied in effectiveness as he progressed through late Normal and all of Nightmare. It continued to be pumped through synergies, but monster life and poison resists also progressed, and I had a hard time killing some high life/high PR monsters like Venom Lords in NM Act 4. However, generally most monsters died to a single Poison Nova in large groups.

The obvious PnI solution was CE, which worked as well as one would expect.

Once my obvious skill points had been allocated, I went off of my experience to decide what to pump. I had originally expected to pump Clay Golem and/or Golem Mastery, because I did not like the plateauing of the -Resists of LR. However, the Golem (which attracted monsters like a beacon) actually was very durable with the modest investment I had made, and I saw the benefit of the extra range and duration of LR with more points, so I decided to keep pumping that. All the way through Hell Act 3, I noted that very few PnI monsters were unbreakable, with a few exceptions...

Stygian/Fetish Dolls: These were notable ubreakable PI monsters in Hell. That actually was not a bad thing, since I didn't want them dying next to MC_Snails anyway. It did make clearing places like the Flayer Dungeon and Durance of Hate a little tricky, but I did rely heavily on the monster-attracting quality of the Golem for this.

Hell Act 5 introduced many more unbreakable PnI monsters, though, so there were some areas that were a bit tedious. Since I kept /P8 throughout the whole game, some monsters took some work to kill. I also noted enough HP for some monster types to require multiple Novas.

Nihlathak: WIN - CE to keep him from popping the corpses, he ended up going with a direct attack I never knew he had - Arctic Blast (he may not have this in 1.09).

Ancients: WIN - /P8 and all, while it took a number of Novas, they bit the dust without too much fuss.

OBSERVATIONS

The -EPR of Death's Web was indeed a tremendous difference-maker. The fact that most Hell Act 1 to Act 4 PnI monsters are breakable with LR meant that the -EPR from DWeb and the Trang's 3-piece was quite useful.

One thing that was a bit of a challenge was the lack of any FBR in that Trang's Wing - this became an issue whenever MC_Snails was around a lot of projectile-shooting monsters - the Quill Beasts particularly come to mind. He had a hard time getting a nova off with so many darts coming in, but once he did, no more troubles.

tl;dr: MC_Snails killzd all teh monsters

POST-PAT PLANS

MC_Snail has proven quite effective againt The Pit, Ancient City, Council, and RoF/CS. I've run these areas for a while and he's now level 92.

Thanks everyone for reading.

Originally posted by Rummski on Jan 6, 2009:

Patriarch Milenko - A Trang Oul's Poisonmancer

Patriarch Milenko - Trang Oul's Poisonmancer:

Milenko is a pseduo remake of my very first D2 character. I created a Necro when I first purchased D2 as my first character, also at that time I was given a copy of the Insane Clown Posse's CD: The Great Milenko. It is a pretty funny CD, and by far their best CD, not that it will win any grammys. In the CD ICP describes The Great Milenko as an occult sorcerer of the ancient craft of necromancing, hence I thought it the perfect name for my Necromancer in the game I was so excited to get. In his first iteration Milenko was a Skellimancer, when I read Nightfish's guide for the first time, I was surprised at almost exactly it described Milenko. Anyway onto the 2nd iteration, I wanted to use the Trang Oul's set, and also a Poisonmancer so I decided to combine them, although without a Death's Web he's not optimal, he more than held his own. On to the rundown...

Stats - Stats

Level 86

Strength : 84 (124)
Energy : 50 (55)
Dexterity : 181 (219)
Vitality : 205 (220)

Life : 836
Mana : 851
Stamina : 412

AR: 1271

DEF: 1893

All Resistance 75%

Poison Nova Damage: 4574 - 4781

MF: 232% w/o Merc

Equipment

Main:
- Weapon: Arm of King Leoric
- Helm: Trang Oul's Guise - PTopaz
- Armor: Trang Oul's Scales - PTopaz
- Belt: Trang Oul's Girth
- Gloves: Trang Oul's Claws
- Boots: War Traveler 50%
- Shield: Trang Oul's Wing - PDiamond
- Amulet: Mara's w/ 28 Res
- Ring1: SOJ
- Ring2: Raven Frost

Switch (Rarely Used):
- Gull Dagger
- Homunculus

Inventory Summary:
- 2*4 free squares
- 1 Fungal Skiller
- 1 Graverobber of Sust. +35 Life
- 1 Shimmering GC of Sust. 13 Res All + 35 Life
- 2 SCs of Vita
- bunch of MF SCs with and without prefix

Skills

Curses:
1 in all Pre-Reqs
7 in Lower Resist to get to 60% (seemed like a good number)

Poison and Bone:
Pre-reqs: Teeth;
1 Pointer: Corpse Explosion (Level 12 w/ + Skills) (rarely used)
Max: Poison Explosion, Poison Nova (Level 31 total)
18: Poison Dagger (will max with 2 more levels)

Summoning:
1 Pointers: Skeleton Mastery (15), Clay Golem (12), Golem Mastery (12), Summon Resist (12)
Max: Raise Skeleton (34)
Given by Weapon: Raise Skeleton Mage (13)

Mercenary

Haseen (I think), A2 Might:

Equipment:
- "Obedience" Cryptic Axe - 22 All Res, 40 FHR, 40 CB, -25% Target Defense
- Stealskull - PTopaz - 5% Dual Leech, 62% MF, 10 IAS, 10 FHR
- "Duress" Boneweave - 18% Max Dam, 40 FHR, 33 OW, 15 CB (It was only 3os armor I had at the time :))

I think I will use the Obedience/Duress combo on any character I don't have Mana issues with until I make a Fortitude :)

Gameplay

As I said prior I mainly wanted to create a character using Trang Oul's, other than that I used items I thought would be cool :) Milenko was a breeze to play. I would consider this to be the easiest going I've had, moreso than the FishyZon and MeteOrber. It was neat playing as a vampire, and his running speed and bonus fire skills were nice, but I rarely used the skills. Poison Nova is more than enough and any Poison Immunes were trounced by the swarm. I wasted a few stats points along the way (+ to energy before Raven Claw = dumb), but he definitely didn't need to be perfect to dominate.

Normal played P8 most with 1.09 Raven Claw, Angelic Combo (including Armor), Tarnhelm, Chancies, Goldwrap and a set of boots of fortune, total pwnage. Maxed RS, while getting pre reqs for LR and PN

NM played P8 with Arm of Leoric and Homunculus as main, while switching in final gear at minimum levels. Again total pwnage, spam LR and PN and everything dies, with 8-10 skellies, CG and Merc whacking away. No trouble what so ever.

Hell played P3 until Act 3, switched to P1 to finish. Gameplay same as NM spam LR, spam PN and everything dies, swarm picks up the stragglers, it was almost too easy. Started Hell around level 75 ran pits to 80, Act 2 was a breeze, went back to Pits leveled to 85 and then just powered thru to the finish. Diablo was easy, spam Decrepify, spam PN, dead. Ancients were a breeze, and the only time I raised Mages to have more targets. Baal was slowish, mainly due to a couple merc deaths. Milenko was pat'ed at level 86, mainly because P8 Pit runs were so fun. I died a couple times running too far ahead, but this would be a very viable guardian provided the player had the gear. On P1 this was the fastest killing machine I've made, it was almost ridiculous.

Finds

- Hellforges: Fal / Um
- Items: Levithan, Sazabi's Ghost Liberator, 4os Eth Great Poleaxe, bunch of low/mid S/Us.

Future
Milenko is very fun to play, he runs the Pits extremely well (as most poisonmancers do). (OT - What is optimal players for Pits? Been running P8 for exp now than he's Pat'ed don't know if P8 necessary) I almost made HotO for him, but I didn't think it was necessary. I'm saving up runes to cube a Lo for a Fortitude (I have Ohm + Ist, maybe Gul), maybe Milenko will find me a Lo and make it mute point :)

Thank you for reading!

Cheers,
Rummski

P.S. - Thanks Vox Dei for providing outline for the thread :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by sirpoopsalot on Jan 20, 2009:

Patriarch StAnky - I Finally Finished a Necro

It only took me 4 or 5 tries to get a Necro that I could tolerate long enough to drag to Baal, but finally...

Patriarch StAnky (not only is he a Patriarch, he's a Saint too :p)
LCS

Skills:
20 Poison Nova
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Dagger
17+ Corpse Explosion
1 Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, SummonResists
1 Bone Armor
1 (every) Curse, prereq's

+20 Poison & Bone
+16 Curses
+12 Summoning

Gear:
DWeb (1/46, with 4/4 facet)
Vipermagi (50 resists)
Homunculus (PDiamond)
Shako (13 resists/8 dex jewel)
Maras (25)
Trang's Gloves
Mav's belt (FRW, ftw)
2x SoJ
rare Demonhide boots (30 FRW, 10 FHR, 13 MF, 18 FResist, 8 LResist)

Switch: beta-CtA + Lidless Wall
7x Fungal GC's (+10 dex, +10 life)
8x <misc> SC's of Inertia

Merc: Gulzar, level80, Prayer
eth Insight Cryptic Axe
Duress
Vampire Gaze (IAS)

Notable Finds:
Dol/Lem Hellforge
eth Titan's Revenge from NM Mephisto (157/9)
Leviathan (50 Str, 23% PDR)... not a bad roll
Harpoonist's GC of Greed
... not much else

Notes:
1. I only remember one unbreakable Poison Immunity monster (Serpents in WSK2 or WSK3) and a couple of 'possessed' champs, but otherwise Lower Resistance was enough to break immunites. With the DWeb though, even broken immunities didn't last long. He was my first poison-based character, so I may make another someday without LowerResists, just to see how it does in that regard.

2. Clay Golems rock. I don't remember him dying once in Hell.

3. LR and Decrep turned out to be the only two curses I used. At all.

4. I barely used Corpse Explosion before Act4 Hell too - I didn't need to.

5. But I did use BoneArmor continuously once I spent a point in it (around level75). It was really nice and I probably could've switched to a Might merc easily because of it.

6. A couple of deaths from laziness or over-eagerness in Nightmare (i.e. running around the corner into Lord de Seis' pack and trying to tank while waiting for the golem & merc to catch up). Only drank ~5 potions in all of hell, without any real NDE's, though.

7. He had 74 FRW, which was pretty nice. Teleport would've been even better, but running around at that speed kept him rolling along quite well.

8. He's super-powerful and very safe, but a little one-dimensional (cast LR, cast PNova, press Alt, grab drops... cast LR, cast PNova, press Alt, grab drops...). He's very viable at higher /players levels, but really shines on /p1 - as you'd expect.

And finally, most importantly:

9. Septavirate Complete. Those are the first of each class that I made Mat/Pat with (in order - fred 1st, ChainSmokin 2nd, etc.), as well as my all-time-MF-champion that I never got around to killing Baal with. A septavirate was never really a serious goal of mine, but I'm glad I've finally done it (and don't have to feel guilty for neglecting Necro's any longer).

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High