Matriarch Breathazon(3 of 7)

Serdash

Jun 24, 2003
Matriarch Breathazon(3 of 7)

This is #3 of 7 of my BotD Sept. She was actually quite fun to play and surprised me at how efficiently she killed things. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm lazy and impatient she probably could've cruised her way through hell at p8 with minimal difficulty.

#1 Breathadin
#2 Breatharian

Stats/Damage/Etc
Passive and Magic Skills
Bow And Crossbow Skills (None)
Javelin and Spear Skills (None)

Gear:
Weapon:
Breath of the Dying
Superior Berserker Axe
'VexHelElEldZodEth'
One-Hand Damage: 173 to 564
Required Dexterity: 37
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 69
Axe Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x409865d2
+30 to Strength
+30 to Energy
+30 to Dexterity
+30 to Vitality
+368% Enhanced Damage
+51 to Attack Rating
13% Life stolen per hit
7% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Light Radius
Requirements -20%
60% Increased Attack Speed
-25% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
200% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Indestructible
50% Chance to cast Level 20 Poison Nova When You Kill an Enemy
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (6: 6 used)

Helm:
Guillaume's Face(Sol)

Shield:
Stormshield(Sol)

Armor:
"Fortitude" Archon Plate

Gloves:
Laying of Hands

Belt:
Nosferatu's Coil

Boots:
Gore Rider

Amulet:
Highlord's Wrath

Ring:
Ravenfrost(+20 Dex)

Ring:
Blood Whorl
Ring
Required Level: 65
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x51889ae6
Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +11%
Lightning Resist +11%
Cold Resist +19%
Poison Resist +11%
7% Life stolen per hit
10% Faster Cast Rate

Weapon Switch:
"Call To Arms" Crystal Sword
"Spirit" Monarch

Charms:
+3 Passive and Magic Skills
+29 Maximum Damage
+48 Resist All
+12 Str
+12 Def
+94 Life
+123 AR
+22% fhr
+2 Dex
+10 Lightning Res
+1-6 Lightning Damage

Mercenary:
Durga - Act 2 NM Offensive(Might)
Reaper's Toll
Shaftstop
Guillaume's Face

I didn't realize until just now when I was looking through my charms that I had a worthless +5 str/+12 def grand charm in my inventory. Must've slipped my eye when I was getting botd equipped, but oh well. The most I could've squeezed out of that would be another 10 max damage gc or maybe some life charms, nothing huge lost there.

My equipment got me to the 6 frame hit recovery breakpoint, and though I could've swapped gear to get to the 5 frame one, I didn't find it to be necessary. With my IAS, I was swinging the axe at 8 frames, which I would've needed another 90% or so more IAS to reach 8 frames, so rather than sacrificing what would be tons of damage for another breakpoint, once again I decided against.

Her damage was quite astounding, one shotting things even in parts of act 3, and still 2-4 hit kills in parts of act 5 for certain monsters. I was amazed she was doing this well, but then again it was only on p1 so no huge need to stand around and swing all day. With Critical Strike as well as Deadly Strike from equipment she had a...
66 + (60/100) * (100 - 66)
66 + (60/100) * 34
66 + 20.4 = 86.4% Chance to deal double damage. Not as high as my frenzier, but still quite effective.

You might wonder why I have Sol runes in my helmet and shield instead of the usual pdiamond or something else of that sort. The thing is my resists were fine in hell without those things, and I honestly couldn't think of anything to put in there unless I wanted to try for the next fhr breakpoint(which I didn't), so in went the Sol Runes. With the shield, helm, fortitude and my rare ring I came to a smooth 23 DR. Combined with the 35% damage reduction from stormshield, they made for a nice combo of keeping me alive whenever I DID take damage.

Speaking of taking damage, this girl was practically invicible. ~50% chance to avoid attacks with d/a/e, 75% chance to block, high resistances(except poison, but only noobs use poison lolololol) and a decent chunk of life. Assuming a physical attack DID pass through, it hit a nice wall of 35% damage reduction and 23 DR before touching the zon. And with 27% life leech and her damage? Psh, wasn't going to do much.

You'll notice that in the screenshot I only have 2268 AR. Which you may think to be low for act 5 hell, but I opted to drop points into Inner Sight rather than Penetrate. Why you ask? Well, at level 24, Inner Sight drops enemy defense by 1095, which might not sound like a lot, but in hell, Baal only has 2847 Defense(According to AS. Someone can prove me wrong if they like.)

So toss Inner Sight's -1095 defense on that, and it becomes 1752, but wait we're not done yet! BotD has -25% target defense, which (sadly) comes into play after Inner Sight, so drop that by another 25% and we've got... 1314 Defense. That's roughly -46% target defense total, which with my level gave me about a 60% chance or so to hit baal. Which isn't amazing, but it wasn't bad either seeing as fast as he went down. And other monsters don't have anywhere near that defense( I don't think ) so it makes inner sight just as good to use as Penetrate. Granted I had no other use for my mana aside from tossing a decoy every now and again, so others may wish to use penetrate instead.

The mercenary proved to be a fine companion until around act 5. In fact until the moment we set foot in act 5 I think he was trying to ruin my day and just died left and right. Mostly due to high amounts of succubi and unleechables, as well as elemental attackers. He wasn't exactly outfit in the best of gear, and I simply had those things in my stash at the end of NM and rolled with it. His might aura proved to be quite efficient, and decrepify was good for handling PIs.

Also, my valk was godly.

Deaths? Only one in hell, that was when I decided that this zon was completely invincible, no matter what the circumstance, sans IM(which I didn't die to at all) and I charged a boss pack of dolls while Cursed.

Well we know how that one ended. Invincibility can only go so far it seems.

Either way, here's #3 of 7, and I hope you guys enjoyed the read.

Any questions? Comments? GG?

Re: Matriarch Breathazon(3 of 7)

Well now that you've got all the boring toons out of the way.... hehe. Looking forward to the sorcy!

I always wanted to try a passive zon, but I don't have all the Haxor equipment that you do ... In fact I have nothing (having just restarted), ah well I can dream about Zods :)

Nice one, Dashy, gg. It was funny that I saw this on the main page just under the 'Single Player - High runes?' thread.

I always wanted to try a passive zon, but I don't have all the Haxor equipment that you do ... In fact I have nothing (having just restarted), ah well I can dream about Zods :)

You don't even need half the equipment I have. In fact if I were to build this without restricting myself to a BotD for a weapon, I would've went with a 2 handed weapon so I didn't have to worry about d/a/e AND blocking animations.

This is a basic Tankazon build and it quite lives up to its name. You could go with an Oath weapon or something for still high damage and quick speed, or even an upped ribcracker.

The fact that the build only has to rely on passive and magic skills means you have TONS of points to throw around, so it's a very gg build and I could see it being done untwinked or with minor twinking/area running.

So, guessing the Sorceress will be Enchant and Energy Shield, right?

As for one-hit-killing mobs in Hell difficulty, an average damage of over 3000 per hit will do that. :wink:

Impressive, very very nice. :)

:congrats:

And gieb itamz.

Took you long enough, can we expect the next one before 2010?

GG i guess

lame

j/k

high RWs are nice but putting them to interesting uses is much better.

Who's next in the sept?

I believe the sorc is next in line. I got a gg +9 ES "Memory" staff that would be gg for an ES build, so... just have to work on that and such. That actually reminds me I need to figure out a few things about ES and melee sorcs before I even jump into the project.

Are you gonna synergize the poison nova with your nec?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High