Map Rolling Guide?

Bad Ash

Jul 16, 2003
Map Rolling Guide?

Hey all-

just starting up single player for first time in...maybe ever, and I had a question about maps.

(sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I looked through all the FAQ's and guides and didnt see anything..)

how do you roll maps? or is there a post that links guides to it? I get that when you save and exit it saves the map but the monsters respawn and all that, but how do you change the map?

Thanks a lot!

edit: also does your /players setting carry from game to game? thanks!

Re: Map Rolling Guide?

As far as I know, the only way to reroll the map is to Save & Exit and then change difficulties. I'm actually not sure about /players - that's something I was wondering myself.

You can re-roll maps one of two ways:

1. Change difficulty if possible (i.e. to change a Nightmare map, go into Normal, exit, and go back into nightmare)

2. Go to 'Other Multiplayer' -> 'TCP/IP Game' -> 'Host Game' and start up a game with the character you wish to re-roll. Exit and go back to Single Player as you normally would. This method takes longer than (1) but is the only possibility to re-roll Normal difficulty maps if you haven't reached Nightmare yet.

As others have said, the /players difficulty will stay as the last remaining setting until you exit the game (always defaults to /p1 when starting Diablo II for the first time).

edit: And welcome to the SPF!

Also, with multiplayer games, if you're 2 or more, you can all host your own games until one of you finds a great map, then the other ones can just join it to get the map :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High