lvl 9 assn pk :: a few questions ::

skaeleen

Nov 27, 2003
lvl 9 assn pk :: a few questions ::

i am making a lvl 9 assn pk. I decided to stay lvl 9 instead of lvl 12 because as this char is strictly pk and not for dueling, i wont need angelic hp bonus.

I have a superior 3 socket claw with a max damage of 17. with 3 wrath jewels this would be a max of 44. with a 27 max breast plate and a 27 max mask i think i could get my damage pretty high for htis lvl.

skills: 9 in to tiger strike, 4 in to Burst of speed, all other in to claw mastery (depending on how far you can get pa'd.)

im going to go with all points in to vit, i'll get the 50 str/dex for claw from charms.

strategy is to join a trist run game, at lvl 9 i will blend right in with the lvl 8's and 13's and such. whenever everyone goes to stony to find stones, hostile and chase them down and collect ears. get one or two charges and use. three charges is probably overkill at this lvl and may be valuable time wasted. (wp exploitation optional here)

armor, weap, helm are already listed. i also have deaths set. I have an Umbral Disk for the shield. this is where my biggest question lies. Since i am going to be pk-only, would it be smarter to go with 2 of my claws both maxed? with lvl 4 BoS i could get my tiger strike charges much faster than if i were claw/shield. Also since its not likely that i will find any opposition in this, is a shield really necessary? What ammy/rings should i use? are there any boots with frw at this lvl because with lvl 4 BoS and some frw off of boots, this char would be flying and it would make the pking much easier.

ANother thing i was thinking of, if i used another claw with 3 wrath's, would these other three 9 to max's affect my first claw as well? i mean like would they in essence be adding to eachother's total damage?

1. dual claw or claw/shield?
2. ammy/rings?
3. boots?

after i get bored with pking in trists, i will probably go to lvl 12 for angelics and use a shield and become a legit llder.

thanks in advance for advice

skaeleen said:
i am making a lvl 9 assn pk. I decided to stay lvl 9 instead of lvl 12 because as this char is strictly pk and not for dueling, i wont need angelic hp bonus.

I have a superior 3 socket claw with a max damage of 17. with 3 wrath jewels this would be a max of 44. with a 27 max breast plate and a 27 max mask i think i could get my damage pretty high for htis lvl.

skills: 9 in to tiger strike, 4 in to Burst of speed, all other in to claw mastery (depending on how far you can get pa'd.)

im going to go with all points in to vit, i'll get the 50 str/dex for claw from charms.

strategy is to join a trist run game, at lvl 9 i will blend right in with the lvl 8's and 13's and such. whenever everyone goes to stony to find stones, hostile and chase them down and collect ears. get one or two charges and use. three charges is probably overkill at this lvl and may be valuable time wasted. (wp exploitation optional here)

armor, weap, helm are already listed. i also have deaths set. I have an Umbral Disk for the shield. this is where my biggest question lies. Since i am going to be pk-only, would it be smarter to go with 2 of my claws both maxed? with lvl 4 BoS i could get my tiger strike charges much faster than if i were claw/shield. Also since its not likely that i will find any opposition in this, is a shield really necessary? What ammy/rings should i use? are there any boots with frw at this lvl because with lvl 4 BoS and some frw off of boots, this char would be flying and it would make the pking much easier.

ANother thing i was thinking of, if i used another claw with 3 wrath's, would these other three 9 to max's affect my first claw as well? i mean like would they in essence be adding to eachother's total damage?

1. dual claw or claw/shield?
2. ammy/rings?
3. boots?

after i get bored with pking in trists, i will probably go to lvl 12 for angelics and use a shield and become a legit llder.

thanks in advance for advice

Hsuarus boots ( not sure how to spell it ) for fast run walk. The cheapest rings to use would be nagel rings becasue of the ar

Go claw/shield

Your second claw wont recieve any of the bonuses from Tiger strike, only your first. It wont be any faster if you go claw/shield then claw/claw. This is because tiger strike only swings your left claw, it doesnt alternate. Also, your damage will be higher with claw/shield then claw/claw

Get a bone shield of deflecting and put two 9 max damage jewels in it. either use socket quest or find a Mechanics bone shield of deflecting. You can of course use a pelta lunata or umbral disk shield...but that sacrifices damage...and you need all the damage you can get. up to you.

Use Hsarus set chain boots or gorefoot unique heavy boots. There isnt much choice for a level 9 asssasin.

For jewely use either
1. Nagel rings for AR
2. Magic or rare rings with Max damage/AR/str/dex
3. Magic or rare amulet with at least +5 str/dex....AR is nice too.

Again, not much choice for a level 9 character.

ok thanks for advice

Tiger Strike not charging from both claws is pretty ***....
so if i had two claws out and held down Tiger Strike on something, even though i was hitting it faster than i would be c/s, i would only be getting a charge off of every other claw? :(

44 max claw? high for level 9? nope. 3 soc eth will have alot more damage, but it will break. use an 18 max bsod and keep some 13-15 lifers in your stash. (large)

I say use Clegs sword, Although your idea with 2 claws is good, assuming you dont run into any pkks, a level 9 with no blocking will die very quickly to any kind of pkk. I say go to 12 for angelics, and pk in sewers. The 115 life bonus, 10 dex and huge AR will be very helpful. Again, i say go to level 12, use this gear:
Clegs sword (hel'd, max if you must)
Max armor
Max helm
Angelics all over
Hsarus
Deaths combo
Max'd BSOD
Life charms

That will give you good damage, with 50% DS, max blocking easily, good life, good speed.

Edit: The reason i focused on lvl 12, not 9, is that i feel the bonus of going to 12 is invaluable, espically if it means you will pk sewer runners, pking tristram runners is no good, not only will they be NO challenge, you have to take the wp (10 sec, i assume you wouldent use the lame wp trick) and once in tristram, they are safe. you cant enter tristram portal when hostile.

clegs? why?

i know it has 50% deadly strike or whatever but how does that work in pvp? and how does crushing blow work in pvp?

i dont see how clegs > 44 max claw when im going for maximum damage.

DS better be good in pvp because clegs is like 17 max right? or somewhere near that.

especially when one point in to claw mastery will give me a % ed bonus and more importantly a % ar bonus (which my base AR would be huge with angelic) not to mention speed of claws.

Why clegs? Because if you have 27 max helm, armor and 18 max shield, and 9 max armor, you will have 71 max dmg from gear alone, thats some pretty high pvp damage, then add in DS, and you will have some damn good damage, your listed damage will be a little higher with the blade talons, but you will do MUCH higher damage half the time, at a price of a small loss of "normal" damage the other half. Clegs sword is just better.

In pvp, it doubles the damage, like everytime else ;)

At lvl 12 everyone will know that you use Angelics and hence be more scared to duell you.

With Cleg's sword instead of claw, I vote you go to lvl 12 and get Angelics to boost your AR.

If you decide to stay at lvl 9, go for claw and its mastery.

Either way, I really think you belong in sewers or Trav, and you will also get more people willing to duell you there :)

/Magnus

Seems to me everybody portals or just leaves the game the moment anybody goes hostile, and if they stay chances are at least fair they are also a pk and you just happened to go hostile first. Also I can hope that just before you joined the game one of the visiting enchant sorcs came in and zapped everybody else with a few thousand fire damage that lasts 14 minutes even if they leave the game.

The whole PK thing is so weird.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High