LLD items in SP? Quel dommage

Feb 3, 2011
Don't you hate it when you finally find those rares, that sweet combination of mods on an item that eluded you for months, maybe even years...and you find it on Single Player.

This thread is for those items. LLD was one of my favorite things to do when bnet was still pretty active, though I was never serious enough about trading or mfing to ever really make a truly godly LLD. Not to say they weren't successful, just if I went against who had real wealth to throw around I was pretty much dead.

I'll start us out with a pretty alright mix/max VLLD jewel.

View attachment 4020

Maybe I'm the only one who keeps these kinds of items around in stashes for sentimental reasons...but I hope I'm not!

What don't you understand?

LLD items found on single player are an unfortunate waste. What's wrong with a thread about these items? I like seeing cool rare/magic LLD items, and I was hoping some people on here do too (and have some to share).

People in this community do duel using TCP/IP. Not a lot of people, but some do. frozzzen or nulio come to mind immediately, and they'll pop in here probably.

I know people duel, but LLDing? I feel like a larger dueling community would be necessary for something like llding to happen too.

It happens! Check the mp forum and snoop around. you should be able to find threads and such. Heck, just check the pvp thread and see what people have posted there recently.

Pretty cool jewel. There is definitely LLD and VLLD here. I've been inclined to start twice and put together a pretty good character and each time I've been thwarted by hard drive crashes. First time I lost everything, latest time I've managed to save most but had to move my D2 to a computer with no internet connection (at least I've been too lazy to sort one out...). Once I do I'm definitely keen.

LLD-ers currently known to me: Frozzzen, Jdkeer, Pyrohemia, Crawlingdeadman, me. Frozzzen and I play LLD here and there, sometimes with Jdkeer, once with Pyro. So, if anyone wants to join, please, go ahead. More players, the better.

Every 15 max dmg jewel I find I keep, already used plenty of them on equipment. Also spend hours for shopping claws, gambling, some crafting etc.
These are some of my LLD items:

Code:
Gemmed Superior Naga
'ShaelShaelShaelShaelShaelShael'
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 51
Durability: 17 of 26
Required Strength: 121
Required Level: 29
Axe Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x60a3ed9a
+15% Enhanced Damage
120% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (6: 6 used)

Light Plate of the Squid
Defense: 97
Durability: 55 of 60
Required Strength: 41
Required Level: 30
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x68072fe6
+77 to Life
+45 to Maximum Damage
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Coral Ancient Armor of the Squid
Defense: 230
Durability: 43 of 60
Required Strength: 100
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x7b6c609
+40 to Strength
+76 to Life
Lightning Resist +26%
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Magekiller's Blade Talons of Swiftness
'ShaelShael'
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 14
Durability: 67 of 69
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 50
Required Strength: 50
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 98
Fingerprint: 0x8545018e
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
70% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Sensei's Blade Talons
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 14
Durability: 68 of 69
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 50
Required Strength: 50
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 98
Fingerprint: 0x817d9db9
+1 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +53%
+2 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Gemmed Avenger Guard
Defense: 43
Durability: 53 of 55
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 65
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x46ab5ee5
+42 to Maximum Damage
+2 to Natural Resistance (Barbarian Only)
+1 to Whirlwind (Barbarian Only)
+1 to Increased Speed (Barbarian Only)
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Honor
Naga
'AmnElIthTirSol'
One-Hand Damage: 71 to 216
Required Strength: 111
Required Level: 27
Axe Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x39eef222
+10 to Strength
+160% Enhanced Damage
+250 to Attack Rating
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +10
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skill Levels
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Deadly Strike
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)

Battle Staff of Teleportation
Two-Hand Damage: 6 to 13
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 24
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xbdbf953f
+1 to Glacial Spike (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Nova (Sorceress Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Level 1 Teleport (30/33 Charges)

Soul Cord
Light Belt
Defense: 3
Durability: 14 of 14
Item Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x6275ddf8
+20 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 5%
Replenish Life +3
24% Faster Hit Recovery
5% Faster Cast Rate

Yeah, no one LLDs so give it to me. No, really. Give.

Pretty cool jewel. There is definitely LLD and VLLD here. I've been inclined to start twice and put together a pretty good character and each time I've been thwarted by hard drive crashes. First time I lost everything, latest time I've managed to save most but had to move my D2 to a computer with no internet connection (at least I've been too lazy to sort one out...). Once I do I'm definitely keen.

That stinks. Getting LLD gear is hard enough without your comp getting in the way too :(

Good to know people do though, I'm definitely excited to try it out! All those 15 life large charms I've sold though...gone forever...

I will definitely try to find the time to run nm cows as much as I can for jewels/charms/equipment, though with work and school (and possibly an internship coming up if I'm lucky!) I'm not sure how fast I'll be able to build a character.

Are the majority of LLD characters made level 9, 18, 21, 25, 29, 30? I'd like to know which one there are most of so I can have as many people to duel as possible. Wouldn't be any fun if I was the only level 18 dueler vs a level 9 and a level 30.

I was hoping I'd see you in here cdm! You were extremely helpful to me a year or two ago while I was making my lvl 30 Bowa. Dunno if you remember me or not, I think my avatar was a white pumpkin back then.

I guess this thread was a failure...though I'd still like to see anyone's LLD items!

I do remember helping someone out a while back, your name rings a bell now that you mention it.

I have on SP:
lvl9 min-a-sin
29 zealot
30 hammerdin

In the works:
18 Jabber (long way off)
18 Bone Spear mancer (needs a lot of work)
30 Bone Mancer (could throw it together in a short time)

All three are rushed, but I am rather short on their gear. In particular the jewels, weapons, and charms for the jabber.

Cool cool cool. I'm interested in making a lvl 18, never tried making one before.

And I did recently find an interesting amulet, but are lvl 18 defiance paladins viable? I've only seen the level 15 ones. I suppose it could be a defiance/smite build with swordback hold. For smite damage, the "adds x-x damage" mod does nothing towards it, correct? Neither do min/max jewels?
View attachment 4027

P.S. Am I correct in thinking this isn't too bad of a vlld jewel? Or does the lack of any +min/max damage make it trash?
View attachment 4028

Last edited:
I remember two years ago or something when i made my vlld-barb. It's hard to find those nice jewels for lld and vlld...

Last edited:
I wish I had the correct charms and jewels to make a level 18 smite paladin good, but at least I have the armor!

Came off the first imbue too! :jig: All the others were crap though...

Ah well, at least one step close to being done with my paladin. I already have 2.4k defense! Using the armor I posted, Sigons belt/helm/gloves, crushflange, and a random spiked shield. Plus a few defense charms here and there.

-15%req/7%dtm/3life jewel in it as well.

Last edited:
Cool cool cool. I'm interested in making a lvl 18, never tried making one before.

And I did recently find an interesting amulet, but are lvl 18 defiance paladins viable? I've only seen the level 15 ones. I suppose it could be a defiance/smite build with swordback hold. For smite damage, the "adds x-x damage" mod does nothing towards it, correct? Neither do min/max jewels?
Be sure to check out the PvP forum for a few LLD guides, here's one for a cheap defiance smiter. Also for item evaluations, I (and a couple others) still check and evaluate LLD or possible LLD items in this thread for it in the pvp forum. It's also a good thing to browse through at least once to see what everyone says about certain general items (paladin shields come to mind). Also check out the great LLD item guide (believe it's in my signature still).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High