Lister Spawning Lightning Immune

NorthDakota

Aug 10, 2012
Hey guys, quick question -

Can lightning immune lister have his immunity broken, including infinity? Is there a -light% to reach to break it, or is he just straight up immune if he's immune?

Itd be sweet if I was just under it, with my crappy freaking griffons. Wonder how close I am, if I could reach with a 5/5 facet...

First of all, -elr cannot break an immunity. Only conviction and lower resist can.
LI lister has more than 117% LR, so he can't be broken. Park him or wait for merc to kill him.
There are a handful of monsters that are natively LI-unbreakable, but they're rare.

If I kill all minions, but leave lister and baal and remake game, which is what I've been doing - I wonder how much that would slow my leveling down...

If I kill all minions, but leave lister and baal and remake game, which is what I've been doing - I wonder how much that would slow my leveling down...

It doesn't slow you down until clvl 95+

If your merc is too weak you simply drag Lister out of the room so Baal thinks its clear. If you're killing him you should pull him slightly and put yourself between your merc and baal to soak up the Decrepify.

Well those levels are the only ones I'm concerned about! Does baal give a huge chunk of exp above there or what?

It's just really effing fast and easy in practice. I believe that's why its a popular option. He doesn't spawn LI that often, maybe 20%? And runs can be 3mins or less, with LI lister you add some seconds to that. Its just that the runs would be less annoying if I didn't have to deal with LI lister.

In that case I fail to see how a lightning build is the best option if Lister can be LI...

Edit: In my previous post I meant can't, not can^^

I'm curious what would be a better option for a sorc :O. Doing minions on p8 with anything except lightning seems like a waste of time, except maybe a very well geared blizzballer? If you don't have that gear though, lightning seems to do the trick. I just tele and stand on top of baal, then use lightning (not CL) and everything basically just melts. Also the merc only tanks one or two at a time with this method. I just don't see having comparable damage output with another build.

Can lightning immune lister have his immunity broken, including infinity? Is there a -light% to reach to break it, or is he just straight up immune if he's immune?

Lister the Tormentor has 2/11 (~18.2%) chance of spawning Lightning Enchanted in Hell, but only 17/110 (~15.5%) of becoming Immune to Lightning: Magic Resistant LE and Cold Enchanted LE make him Immune to Cold first, while Stone Skin LE makes him Immune to Physical first.

When Immune to Lightning Lister always has Lightning Resist 128%, which cannot be removed with an Infinity polearm's Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped (LR -17%) and level 3 Lower Resist charges (LR -8%). However, it can be removed by a Paladin's level >23 Conviction.

Light sorcs/javazons and are big baal runners, so I figure it can be broken. Isn't there no monster who's LI can be broken? Or only a handful or something.

No monster in the Throne of Destruction can be both Immune to Physical and Immune to Lightning at the same time, and the only normal monsters Immune to Lightning are Burning Souls. Although Burning Souls have Damage Resist 90% they only ever have LR 100%, so their lightning immunity is easily removed (they already have two immunities, so their lightning immunity never increases, even when LE).

This means a Lightning Amazon or Sorceress can kill anything bar the occasional Unique or Super Unique, which a Desert mercenary equipped with an Infinity polearm should be able to kill. A Lightning Amazon can apply damage other than lightning to assist, while a Sorceress can cast Telekinesis to make life easier for her mercenary (even though there's only 35% chance of it applying Knockback).

Consult the Amazon Basin wiki's Immune to Lightning page for what should be a complete list of monsters guaranteed to be Immune to Lightning in Hell: the list of normal monsters with LR >115% is very short, and that of monsters with LR >120% is even shorter.

Javazon is top dps build in game, and most likely fastest baalrunner. The sorc can do 7-frame teleports without hassle so she's the fastest on the way down there.

No monster in the Throne of Destruction can be both Immune to Physical and Immune to Lightning at the same time, and the only normal monsters Immune to Lightning are Burning Souls. Although Burning Souls have Damage Resist 90% they only ever have LR 100%, so their lightning immunity is easily removed (they already have two immunities, so their lightning immunity never increases, even when LE).

Huh what?

If you have LE on top of already LI, doesn't it just make it unbreakable ( 175% LR? )
Atleast, I know that Grand Vizir is often unbreakable LI.
Actually, I do recall seeing LI/PI gloam in the WSK somewhere.

All Willowisps in Act 5 already have two immunities in Hell since they are Immune to Lightning and Immune to Poison, and any resistance bonuses which would result in a further immunity or increase their existing immunities does not get applied. This means they remain at Lightning Resist 100% even when Lightning Enchanted.

The Grand Vizier of Chaos is only Immune to Lightning with LR 100% in Hell, so spawning LE can result in that increasing to LR 175% when it is applied before a second immunity: if he spawns LE Stone Skin he will have LR 175% and Damage Resist 100%, whereas if he spawns SS LE he will have DR 100% but only LR 100%, because the SS bonus results in a second immunity before the LE bonus is applied.

Willowisps in Act 5 are just Immune to Lightning (LR 100%) in Nightmare, so a SS Unique could also become Immune to Physical with DR 120% (70+50), while a LE SS Unique would have LR 175% and DR 120% (but again, a SS LE Unique would only have DR 120% and LR 100%).

They drop like champions from what I understand, which is crappy, because with only 5 "champions" it's like 2 packs of champions in WS K. Less than that, but I assume once you count minions it counts for about the same.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High