KTA - Still killing them all...

MrKaxe

Jul 18, 2006
www.twitch.tv
Good day Hardcore Untwinked Enthusiasts :wave:

A brutal end to the run where a hidden cursed tree pack in the door of an Upper Kurast temple led to a bottleneck where I got battered and teleported out, Tal got battered and retreated but Joe valiantly fought on until they snuck to the sides of the bottleneck and ganked him :/ Still, with 3 of us and the mule plus Xmas around the corner it was a good place to end it. New run time!

For any new entrants interested, here are the rules:-

1) We play every Monday on the Europe realm of battlenet, from 7:00pm (1900) to 9:00pm (2100) UK Time. Most European players should add 1-2 hours onto that for time difference!

2) We play untwinked, full clears with all quests completed in each act. (Note: If we feel we need some key items for a certain build and the limited amount of boss-killing/mf-ing we do yields nothing, then we could see some exceptions to the untwinked rule later on in Hell when it is becoming impossible to function as part of the team e.g a WW Barb using a 1-15 Crystal Sword in Hell would be a candidate for a sword muled in from outside of KTA but this is very rare! The core of the idea is to play well as a party, not what gear you have on!)

3) Items are to be shared equally and given according to needs of the current party builds etc; if a charm drops, take it and I.D it by all means, but if you find a 6% Fire Res charm and yours is already in the 50's and you are a caster, check to make sure someone else (like a melee-er) isn't in the 20's etc...it's all amicable play, with the idea in mind of being a strong party!

4) If you decide to join our merry band, please make sure you are there as often as possible...if you think you can't really do Monday's as your schedule is too hectic, don't sign up, sorry. Blunt, I know, but it's just rather a bad thing to have a group of 6 in theory and end up playing with half that most of the time. Absence is usually posted in the thread beforehand with reason so it's never a problem but excuses of "I could not be bothered" don't cut it...commit people!

5) We meet in channel KTA before each session to discuss, mule off items before playtime commences etc and if the channel is empty, you are late and we are in-game already! The game name and password is given in-channel so please arrive promptly.

6) Members of the old run get priority placement on the new run

7) I manage the runemule which holds the runes for the run and post screenshots with contents on request. Joe (Krupa) handles the gem-mule.

8) Most of all, we respect each other and have FUN. We are out to kick the minions of Hell in a challenging way, why not do it as a group of mates eh?!

So, any ideas for a new theme returnees? I think a Classic run might be in order...

EDIT: Happy to be a BO slave :D

EDIT#2: Aim to start on the 6th but can be later :)

Last edited:
I have decided I will happily go with a Classic run, not too fussed what I play either : ). Most likely a sorc, but can do a convi pala if noone else does xD

Discussion in channel tonight regarding this run!

Well, the theme of Classic was fixed from the outset and the discussion of builds led to a well-rounded party of:-

Me: KTA-Nysshea, Orb Sorc
Krupa: KTA-Sandwich, FrenzyBarb
Talman: KTA-Bonemachine, Necro of Many Talents
tommybear: KTA-Klassik, Spammerdin

Outer Cloister WP from a late start discussing is a fair shout, was quite stompy! Onward and upward!

Last edited:
Was fun indeed boys, looking forward to the next! I cannot make the february 3rd run, but that's a fair while from now :)

I think Joe is going whirlwind though?

hey guys.

i´m sorry bout this, but i´m not gonna make it today. friday is the deadline for my thesis and i still got stuff to do.
let me know how far u make it and i´ll make sure to catch up till next week.

cya next monday and kill them all!

No worries Joe, best of luck with it all :)

EDIT: We caught Tommeh up with Viper Temple, cleared Palace and Arcane and half of the Canyon ready for your triumphant return, but next week is Talmie's turn to be off, so we will clear Canyon, clear all tombs, then (reluctantly) do Duriel (in the hope Talmie has a staff!) and maybe a few quests in Act 3. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Right gents, Talmie is out today and he has a staff so we can do Duriel with the knowledge he/we can catch up when he returns...question is, do we have a staff lol...let us find out later!

You should re-join sir, Klassik take your fancy?!

Talmie, we did not do Duriel, we wanted to wait for you :) We cleared allllllll the tombs though so when we are all in next week we can finally finish Act 2! Looking forward to it!

I would aswell if I didn't have a 4 day stupid school trip as I said before :/ I'm not in for the next session boys... Pff

To you friendly old-time Gauss'ers and all-around nice hardcore-guys that frequent these fora:

Looking for players to join in a mafia game. It's alot of fun, but will require regular visits at this site (at least once a day). You must be able to spend half an hour (some days more, some days less depending on the action and how actively you feel like being that day) each day reading up on the thread, voting and generally contributing with lynching other participants (or defending yourself from being lynched, which I did alot yesterday in the current game :D).
You have to be pretty good at reading/writing english fast - if you can't it will probably require too much of your time.
A game will continue until all scum (mafia) are eliminated or scum wins the majority - usually 1-2 players die each day, so your contribution can last anywhere between a day and 15+ days in a 20 player game.
You can read about past games here: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?795323-Forum-mafia-statistics-and-awards.
The rules change a bit from game to game - the current game can be found here: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/sh...Winchester-Mini-Mafia-Game-Thread-and-Sign-Up (rules are at the top of the first post).

We need 7 more, so go try to match your wits against some of the old-timers of the site, including celebrities like CDM and moderators like Noodle and Drixx. Heck they even have a gal there!!! :girly:

Sorry in advance to Xora/krischan for posting this here - but pls don't temp-ban me until mafia game is over :p

Did I remember to say that it's great fun?

Tom

Hey guys.

my internet connection is totally ****ed up :(
the provider wasn´t able to fix it for two weeks now, but they finally agreed on changing the router now...sometime during this week.
also i don´t have an office anymore as i finsihed my thesis. so i can´t play from work either.
so i won´t be able to make it tonight, as i can´t connect to battle.net.
so play on guys, i´ll catch up as soon as i can.

Cheers

KTA DOESN'T LEAVE A FALLEN MAN BEHIND!!!

Seriously though dude we opted to all kill Duriel together...that and I need the time on my Chaos Reaver Titan construction so I am happy to skip it and the others were in agreement :) Best of luck with the internetz and hope to see you next week!

I'm gonna have to pull out of this guys :(

I joined partly because I saw there wasn't a lot of ppl signing up for this session but I kind of feared then it would come to this: I got my schedule for 7 weeks of internship starting next week and just about all my mondays I have late shift so I simply can't make it...

My free time from work & papers will go in D3 as much as possible (I think) so I hope to see you there :)

<3

Best of luck with your academic endeavours Mr Tal, with regards to KTA, I shall have to see what the others want to do but I think it is sadly drawing to a close :(

We live, we fight 'til the end!

Joe and I are valiantly carrying on the fight with this one, Diablo will soon die in Normal, then onto Nightmare!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High