KTA-Necro-Sorc Marriage Run with a bit of Patsy...

MrKaxe

Jul 18, 2006
www.twitch.tv
KTA-Necro-Sorc Marriage Run with a bit of Patsy...

Good day HC forum and KTA followers ;)

The poor, poor Assassins! We had a strong party with a good blend of skills but the run dragged on so much with all the deaths, leavers and then holes in attendance due to the time of year so that run fell apart spectacularly but the new run last night started with vigor so long may that last! The discussion of builds and what-not is at the end of the Assassin thread (http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?810825-KTA-All-Assassin-Run/page23) and here are the builds for this crazy shenanigan!

Me: KTA-Valois; Summonmancer
Adam: KTA-asdfman; Poisonmancer
Pat: KTA-Unbeliever; Bonemancer
Joe: KTA-Melissandre; Fire Sorc
Pete: KTA-Whatever; Cold Sorc
Tommeh: KTA-MissSparkle; Lightning Sorc

We are also using the 'Patsy' idea Pat suggested in the last thread in terms of coloured armour, of which we decided on using no armour until we get a Breast or Gothic Plate and then the first slot is the corresponding gem to the skill used, which is:-

Me: Skull
Adam: Emerald
Pat: Amethyst or Diamond Pat?!
Joe: Ruby
Pete: Sapphire
Tommeh: Topaz

A lot going on with this run! Exciting as well! The complete range of damage types covered and the way there are applied meant we sped right up to the start of Act 2 and we started 30 mins later than usual! Looking forward to our builds developing! I took some screenies, will follow up with them soon!

Last edited:
Re: KTA-Necro-Sorc Marriage Run with a bit of Patsy...

Good start I say!

I think Adam named his necromancer KTA-asdf :propeller:

Diamond/white would suit bonemancer better than Amethyst I guess :]

I'd just like to say this run sounds like a whole ton of fun, and I wish you guys the best of luck, I read through almost all of your assasin run and it seemed, unsuccessful, but no matter, I'm sure you guys will charge through this one in no time!

The start (with Tommeh refusing to co-operate as usual :p)

screenshot049do.jpg

Andy going down fast

screenshot050q.jpg

Good luck on the run! Looking forward to reading along.

On the whole armor business this clicky might be of interest to you. It turns out that crafted armors can be colored by socketing gems into them. Don't know if you know it already, but it was new info to me :)

I did not know that indeed FredofErik so thanks for putting that forward!

Who is as excited as me today?!?! Can't wait for this day to be over so we can kick the poop out of Act 2!!

I think we should totally abuse the recipes for armour http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafteditems.shtml and socket our appropriate gems into them to make the colour thing awesome! It does mean we would have different armours though as, for instance, a a Safety Armour is the originally chosen Breast Plate but being surrounded by skeletons I would prefer a Caster armour, which is a Light Plate. Do we have a group consensus of more than one armour type? Maybe just the ones indicative of crafting?
I also wouldn't like to see a Skin of the Vipermagi go to waste if we find one and as the skin is blue I guess Pete gets it being the blue armour person...the lucky git!

I know some in our group love crafting! I like the idea : )

nice info about the coloring thing. it got me thinking:

if a crafted armor is colored with a gem and one removes the gem afterwards, will the color stay?
same goes for grey items. once a gem colors it and is hel'd out, does the color stay? it could mean colored runewords...
but i guess those would be common, if it were this easy...

for armor bases the hit-power ones seem to me the most attractive ones. fhr and ctc frost nova coupled with a bit of resis or life would make a decent armor, however easily beaten by a 4 sock armor with the color gem and some mixture of shael, ral, ort, ruby...

since we are a dating theme, imo one couple of chars should wear the some base armor: e.g. 1st sorc & nec breast plate, 2nd gothic plate, 3rd leather armor

nice info about the coloring thing. it got me thinking:

if a crafted armor is colored with a gem and one removes the gem afterwards, will the color stay?
same goes for grey items. once a gem colors it and is hel'd out, does the color stay? it could mean colored runewords...
but i guess those would be common, if it were this easy...

I thought about that as well dude but came to the same conclusion as you; in so many years of playing we would collectively know by now :)

for armor bases the hit-power ones seem to me the most attractive ones. fhr and ctc frost nova coupled with a bit of resis or life would make a decent armor, however easily beaten by a 4 sock armor with the color gem and some mixture of shael, ral, ort, ruby...

I thought about that one but deduced I wouldn't be getting hit with a Skelly-shield...well, at least I hope not!

since we are a dating theme, imo one couple of chars should wear the some base armor: e.g. 1st sorc & nec breast plate, 2nd gothic plate, 3rd leather armor

An excellent idea dude! We shall sort out who is married to who tonight based on who wants what armour-wise for crafting etc and whose skills sync up and all the other factors I could list but...well...I'm going to lunch! :whistling:

Hey Joe, we got up to the Gidbinn and got the Flayer waypoint. Ready to dungeon it up next week. Builds are taking shape nicely, all is well :)

We should start looking into the run conditions fairly soon... :whistling:

I'm quite happy with the idea of using the crafted armours. I'd prefer to be able to choose which one I wanted to use though, obviously sticking with the colour theme :propeller:

I'm quite happy with the idea of using the crafted armours. I'd prefer to be able to choose which one I wanted to use though, obviously sticking with the colour theme :propeller:
I like that too.
Any other options anyone else would like to use?

I hope we get to level 30 soon, I want me some poison nova :p

Been reading up on the sort of thing we can expect if we choose to craft our armours then change the colour with our chosen gem.

Prefixes possible

+1 or +2 Light Radius (Booooo! Interesting factoid though;
The Arreat Summit said:
Base Light Radius is 13. The Max Light Radius you can have is 18 so anything more than a net of +5 to Light Radius will not matter.
)

Mana up to the 'Dragon' prefix (31-40 Mana)

+ Defense per clvl, which is the 'Faithful' prefix;
[SIZE=-1]+ (3 Per Character Level) 3-297 Defense / + (0.5 Per Character Level) 0.5-49.5 Defense (Based On Character Level)[/SIZE]

+ a % Defense (101-200% being the best roll)

a single resistance, from 21-30% (one down from the top roll of 31-40%, booooo again!)

and last but definately the best, up to 4 sockets if the armour type allows! That would be mega-pimp!

Suffixes possible

'Titan' (16-20 to Strength)

'Precision' (10-15 to Dexterity)

'Whale' (81-100 to Life, mega-wooooots!)

'Defiance' (poison length reduced by 75%)

'Regeneration' (Replenish Life 3-5)

'Stability' 24% Faster Hit Recovery

Damage reduction suffixes are by 1, 2, 3, 4-7, then 8-15 but we don't get the fabled 10-25

Magic damage reduction suffixes are by 1, 2, 3, then 4-6 (we can get all of em)

'Swords' Attacker Takes Damage of 10-20

'Simplicity' -30% requirements

'Restoration' Repair Durability 5

'Ages' Indestructible

'Centaur' + (0.75 Per Character Level) 0.75-74.25 Life (Based On Character Level)

There are also 3 'proc'ing' mods that can spawn on armour; Charged Bolt, Frost Nova and Nova-Nova. After listing all of that, I hope they can bloody spawn! I couldn't find any info on the AS that stated crafted pre and suffixes are limited; it said they spawn the same as magic and rares, but have the extra fixed mods.

I love whales!!

I want to craft an armour yea it looks like fun. Don't mind if we all have different armours by the way (also crafted / non-crafted), but we should try to get the ones that show the colour best teehee. Would be rather neat to get 4 sockets in those armours too!

Does quality of gem matter for determining the color?
I'd like to get in my colors asap, will be nice to be able to tell everyone apart too :)

and last but definately the best, up to 4 sockets if the armour type allows! That would be mega-pimp!

'Ages' Indestructible

sadly those three are magic only and not available on crafts, except in 1.07 iirc :(
the self repair mod can spawn, mechanics mod, which means randomly 1-2 sockets and life up to 60 excluding the possible 10-20 from the blood recipe

the quality of the gem determines the depth of the color iirc. for a shako color u´d need to socket a normal emerald

There is probably a bunch of those affixes that won't spawn then, oh well :/

Still, if we manage to craft a pimp armour then stick our relevant gem in it we will look all spangly and colourful and our job will be done :D

I'm considering socketing the first gothic plate that will get me four sockets in it and going for pgem ral ort thul :)

oh hey guys it's KTA today <3<3<3

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High