Kstuart's D2 Gameplay

KStuart

Nov 15, 2008
So as per the goal thread i said i was gonna detail my characters and progress as and when i play them so here we go.

Current character count is 12 at the moment with Nena being the main one. So alphabetically we have the following

Admiral Ackbar a lightning trapassain lvl 7
Boner a lvl 9 bonemancer
Buffy a lvl 19 assassin who will be twin claw so current plan is 20 dragon claw 20 claw mast 20 venom 10+ weapon block 10+ shad mast and Fade
Elle Bishop a lvl 8 Paladin who i intend to be a holy shock one something like 20 HS 20 RL 20 Zeal 20 Sacrifice 10 or so H Shield and then probably fanny
Faith a lvl 11 Amazon who will be poking things via 20 Fend 20 Jab 20 Penetrate 20 Valk and then prob rest in Crit strike
Fartman a lvl 8 druid who will be very windy ;)
Grumpy Cat a lvl 24 Barby who is double swinging away merrily so has the 9 D Swing to get zero mana and then 20 BO 20 Bash 20 Mace Mastery as i like my hammers then god knows.
Kendall a lvl 14 Fishymancer
Nena my untwinked 99er who is lvl 81 currentlyand a Orbiballer as i prefer balls to meteors
Rabies a lvl 9 Druid who will be a rabies/fury druid
Tauriel a lvl 10 Amazon whom will be a bowazon
Verdi a lvl 19 Hammerdin

I also have so far found 49 of the 505 Gold and Green's so my grail is -456 currently. I assume we only count the Green and Gold?

Best runes i have in my stash are Lum and Ko so far with 2 of each althouogh i have used 2 Lum's on Smokes for Nena ad her moron.

Now as Nena is in the LK area but not yet moved on to kill off council i have some vague recollection of when i do that the zealots all run away in LK????? If so i guess i should progress some more to at least get access down to Meph. Highly uinlikely at this point i'll bother trying for a good Meph route as my AT one is nice and quick.

Nena LK run counter - Runs to date 30 (or so being off a few isn't going to matter at this point ;)) Best rune so far a Shael
Grail -456

Recent progress - Mostly Nena but have been getting all characters to lvl 8 so they can have a moron although it seems i have one to do there still so guess what i will do shortly ;)

So did a bit as i was had nothing better to do for a while

Admiral Ackbar is 8 and has a moron now, Grumpy cat is 25 and in Act 3 having offed Duriel for a halfway decent drop and Nena has done 11 more LK runs (i dont count i let the run counter do it for me and simply play until i need to do something else).

Nena LK run counter - Runs to date 54 Best rune so far a Shael
Grail -452 now after Duskdeep, Radament's Sphere and Griswold's Edge

Also Nena had a Grim shield drop with 2 os so i now have a second Rhyme shield which she has being Def is 4 times the Bone shield version she had before.

Mini Edit had time between football and handegg so did some more runs netting runemaster this time

Last edited:
Yes for LK runs it's adviced to kill the council so those zealots run away.

Yes for LK runs it's adviced to kill the council so those zealots run away.

A aim for tomorrow then whilst watching the royal rumble.

Unless i opt for another long distance trucki trip on Euro or American truck sim. 1200 odd km from Katowice to Geneva earlier today which took a mere 90 mins or so to drive.

I er literally fell off the sofa this morning playing D2.

Had 10-15 mins to kill so opted to move Nena forwards into the other Kurast areas so i can work towards killing council so i can ignore the zealots in LK. Hit a boss pack going into the next area which more or less insta killed the moron cos it was fanny, extra strong and er extra fast from memory and as it was next area Cold immune too so i had to switch to fire balls.

Some quick footed kiting got them dead and the boss dropped me a fecking Gold Thresher and i was like wtf seriously. Its 11% LL and 202% ED BUT is also erm Eth first one ever i might add. Only downside is having slapped on my resurcceted moron it helps there but buggers my play style up somewhat as the Insight moron weilds gives me the mana regen to orb and ball away merrily. With Reapers i cant do that without guzzling blue.... Is def a improvement on the merc as i moved into Upper Kurast and got the WP there his life was dropping then a few whacks and it was full again.

I suspect i'll stick to Insight for now as i need to play to more familar ways getting to the council as i have cold immunes to deal with and fire balling uses mana rapidly. Currently have 2 rows big purple one full red and one full blue so i could switch to 1 purple 1 red 2 blue i guess and go that way using reapers but not sure. Another source of mediation would be nice ;)

I think charging on with Grumpy Cat would be an idea at some point as the moron with Eth Reapers will prob help me splat faster.

Nena LK run counter - Runs to date 54 Best rune so far a Shael
Grail -451 after Eth reapers

Nena LK run counter - Runs to date 70 Best rune so far a Shael x2 now
Grail -451

Just a quick 30 mins or so with Nena whilst watching The Orville. Nothing interesting to note other than a couple interesting drops i have stashed for future use maybe. A Freezing sparkling ball which comes with +3 blizz and +1 cold mastery which i am sure i can find some sort of use with ;) Then using a bunch of ring drops and the cube i got a Raging ammy with damage reduced by 26 on top which may go towards Grumpy Cat.

Plan for tomorrow will be to push on to the Council to get that bit over with and maybe onto Meph or not

So not done much recently, been busy netflix binging (sex education amongst oithers) and until i get around to upgrading my TV so i can stick it on there whilst i game it makes things awkward.

Did make a decision though and have converted Kendall into a Poisonmancer and created Gru to be a fishymancer but a HC version. Upto lvl 8 so far so nothing major going on there as not had that much time. Not helped by beginning to watch Glee from the start via Amazon prime, it is 10 years old this year so why not.

Updated 99er thread earlier but Nena is now 82 and sorta half done Travi

Nena LK run counter - Runs to date 111 Best rune so far a Shael x2 now
Grail -449

Been doing a bit on various others but for the last whour or so whilst guzzling gin and pizza i have been playing with Gru who is now 15 and not really having any issues. All i need to do is remember its a HC necro ;)

I assume there is no such thing as a +3 RS/SM/AD wand or head? Or at least a extremly low chance of getting one. Currently has a +3 SM +1 SM wand and a +1 RS +1 AD head

Updated 99er thread earlier but Nena is now 82 and sorta half done Travi

Nena LK run counter - Runs to date 111 Best rune so far a Shael x2 now
Grail -449

Been doing a bit on various others but for the last whour or so whilst guzzling gin and pizza i have been playing with Gru who is now 15 and not really having any issues. All i need to do is remember its a HC necro ;)

I assume there is no such thing as a +3 RS/SM/AD wand or head? Or at least a extremly low chance of getting one. Currently has a +3 SM +1 SM wand and a +1 RS +1 AD head
Getting a 3RS/1-3SM wand isn’t too hard at all. That’s what I’d go for since you can shop it. Necro heads are obviously a different matter and you’ll have to roll with what you find. 3/3/3 should be technically possible for both but feasibly impossible. If you find a wand with 3RS and any SM + AD, it’s likely the best you’ll shop.

Which raises the question of is RS better than SM?? Or does it depend on how high a level each is already?

It depends on your plan but early on +SM is more useful to boost your skele damage so you can continue to pump RS. +RS is better later to scale damage and life. SM is also useful if you go more mages as well later. If you can get the infernal wand and tarnhelm that will help. Yes +RS,+SM,+AD are rare and +3 to all are rarer than a Zod IMO. Be interested if anyone has found one of those?

Yes that is the way i have usually done it, hard points into RS til its maxxed and boost SM thru skills. The important thing will be to remember to switch to a might merc when i get to act 2 nightmare.

So finally got around to offing Meph and dping whole of durane in single session. But have been doing bits here and ther on other characters and taking Nena down into the ancient tunnels or into LK in batches. As per UT 99er thread Act 4 for Nena may be in 3 sessions although i have a sort of incentive to do it quickish as i often fight my way thru Act 5 to get to shenk and Eldritch before doing a whole bunch of runs there to level up and hopefully score some items.

So erm very minimal progress on anything since last update so not even going to bother updating the U99 thread.

I think i really need to record what i have done more often too i.e. when i do it cos it hard to remember what i did in the last 3 weeks or so. Mostly levelled up Verdi with some minor progress in Act 3 so Verdi is now level 25 and from memory most of the way to level 26. This is important as the merc has a nice insight waiting when he gets to level 27 then i can fire up the hammers as the mana regen should be plenty good enough to deal with them.

I recall some minor gametime on other characters but nothing more than recalling it.

Chief reason for minimal game time is er Civ 6 and no i dont yet have gathering storm, awaiting easter to see if any discount appears there. Steam say i have 60 hours playtime and i am fairly sure that was a few hours until a few weeks ago ;) Currently Scotland so on the way to another science victory i guess. Have won as Russia with science and Rome with Culture so far. All are on world map correct start points although to get more achievements i'll need to vary map type and starting era i guess not that i am that bothered.

So yes not a awful lot of D2ing in the last hmm 5 months apparently.

My untwinked sorc Nena has just crossed the 1 billion xp mark so updated the thread based on that. Had been doing some LK runs for runes on and off for short spells as not really making much progress thru act 5 once i got into the icy holes due to number of cold immunes. Had dabbled with gonig after countess but not overly fond of that so having misclicked a whole back and lost a good AT route i just checke and this one is great too as its over a bit then tele up to upper level and dwon into AT. So probably going to continue doing AT runs and hoping for something that improves things somewhat. Or just level up so my fire stuff works better.

I'll review my characters from initial post

Admiral Ackbar a lightning trapassain currently lvl 10
Boner a lvl 9 bonemancer still
Brian a lvl 16 fanazealer when more progressed
Buffy a now lvl 22 assassin who will be twin claw so current plan is 20 dragon claw 20 claw mast 20 venom 10+ weapon block 10+ shad mast and Fade
Elle Bishop now a lvl 16 Paladin who i intend to be a holy shock one something like 20 HS 20 RL 20 Zeal 20 Sacrifice 10 or so H Shield and then probably fanny
Faith a now lvl 12 Amazon who will be poking things via 20 Fend 20 Jab 20 Penetrate 20 Valk and then prob rest in Crit strike
Fartman a lvl 8 druid who will be very windy ;)
Gru a lvl 23 untwinked HC Fishymancer
Grumpy Cat a Barby who is double swinging away merrily upto lvl 39 now in early nightmare
Kendall a now lvl 22 poisonmancer
Nena my untwinked 99er who is lvl 84 currently and a Orbiballer as i prefer balls to meteors
Rabies a lvl 9 Druid who will be a rabies/fury druid
Sloth a lvl 14 werebear
Sparkette a lvl 13 lightning sorc
Tauriel a now lvl 12 Amazon whom will be a bowazon
Verdi now a lvl 28 Hammerdin still a bit early to be hammering away properly due to mana issues but moron has insight now so hopefully going to improve somewhat from here

As you cna tll a bit of a range of characters with intermittant playing with a random choice effectively passing the time the last few months.

Grail count having remembered how to make it work properly again is -427

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High