Just a LITTLE inconvienience

Yeah, that's why you should have it backed up and put a couple places, especially something you put a lot of time into. That's why my old guide is on 3 different computers, a disk, and a website. I don't have access to the two of the computers, I don't have the disk, so I still have one computer and the site. Always make sure to have multiple copies.

Well I have never seen a forum lose all the posts in the thread but not the threads -_---- I don't know, just kind of bugs me.
But you're right, I should have backed it up.
Oh well, I'm not writing a new one any time soon.

Æ’enris said:
Well I have never seen a forum lose all the posts in the thread but not the threads -_---- I don't know, just kind of bugs me.
But you're right, I should have backed it up.
Oh well, I'm not writing a new one any time soon.
Don't forget to add some non-teleportation discussion right? It would be a nice addition to what you already had so far.

Since all stickies are empty as well, maybe good old Garb will unsticky them now so they can disperse as all the others.

fenris, do you have a link to your lost guide? I could go through my inet cache to fetch it for you, did that to 8 other guides already...and going to do it to alot of others aswel, seeing that I've previously compiled a list of all the guides written in these forums, and I'm bound to have them all still in my inet cache :)

edit: oh and the link would make it easier to find, since they're listed with their url addy in the temp folder

The only reason why internet cache is useful.... I always just set it to delete after 1 day. This was his thread.
Code:
My PvP Wind Druid Guide 
[url]http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=123464[/url]

HOLY CRAP!!!!
i thought it was only a few posts.. but it was ALL OF THEM!!!!!
you lost your guide....

i lost nearly 30 pages of discussion about my build... thats huge. thats experience, FAQs gone. damn.

well, **** happens... =/

edit: a lil less selfish act on my part.. now all the druid and other build discussion, FAQs in this WHOLE dii forum is now gone. great.

now i can imagine why ash is digging a hole. i think ill dig a hole of my own.

I might have saved a copy of your guide in *.txt for further reading but I can only check this at night when I come from my job.

edit: in fact i have a couple of guides saved in *.txt format. gonna check this out at night

...Gah...

Now I must rewrite my Commando_Mancer guide. Lovely. I hope beatboxer didn't lose his 12-18 some page long Necromancer Guidebook. What the hell happened?

~Kbob

Looks like my home computer was set to delete everything on closing browser, meaning I don't have any other guides stored than the ones I already reposted. There's few as printed versions but none of the PvP guides (I don't play PvP) or the other druid guides for that matter as I'm yet to start my first 1.10 druid, so many other projects but anyway...

You might want to check your own internet cache files for it, just don't do it from the folder straight. Go to IE's Tools menu -> Internet options -> General-page -> Temporary Internet Files - Options -> Show contents

From there you can see what you have stored but if you click the files, it will try to connect to that URL which will find an empty post, so instead of doing that, move the html file to some backup folder and check it's contents there...I know it's real slow and painful way to do it but it's the only way really :(

Well I went through every showthread temp file and none were mine :xeek: I think I read that someone saved it though.

Unlucky for you, some chinese forum didn't steal your guide like they did with Vic's, or you couldve translated and reposted. :(

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High