Item Loader for v1.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam_manzanza said:
Great post ~DarkChaos~ :)
I think that's what a lot of use are thinking. Perhaps we should have a 'Sticky' on the main page about hacks/drop mods/editors and the like. That way wont get these type of threads.

Sam
You'd think that, wouldn't you? Alas, most people don't read such things. I try to, but I'm in the minority. The best we can do is deal with the posts as they happen.

Automated filters are no answer either; suppose there was a filter that blocked all posts containing the words cheat, editor, hack, and trainer. All that would do is make the cheaters use the same anti-filter techniques they use to get around the word censor on b.net chat, like 'cheat' might become 'che4t', etc. It'd also have the nice side-effect of blocking legitimate messages that used those words (for example, this post). They'd also have missed the starting post in this thread, as it contained none of the 'bad words'.

i think it'd be cute if we had a response which said "you can find that here", where here was a link to google, i don't know how to set up such links...

although we'd then get repeat posts with "your link just went to google? where's the real deal..."

NSXdreamer said:
I say every thread like this should just be deleted, not closed, asap.
Not deleted. Why? So if someone comes asking a similar question on that same day, they can read (hopefully) what happens when questions like this are asked.

And we keep threads like this alike because it renders discussion.

crg

Lethal Warrior said:
Cheater Cheater pumpkin eater!!!! :rant:
That is not helping. Flaming an individual does not help this forum or anyone. Please no more flaming. It will only get you banned and create a bigger rift within this community.

What's the chance of that happening though?

And the same discussion has going on in every thread like this(e.g. no flame, read the faq, cheater, google etc.), is it necessary to repeat it so many times?

With all due respect, NSXDreamer, nothing we do seems to have prevented or reduced the number of people who come here seeking hacks. And though i completely share you frustration, i don't think anything will. The only thing we can actually control is how we respond. I'm in favor of one or two cordial responses (be it standardized or not) that explains the SPF's position on the issue, and then we let it be. My two cents.

-FF

P.S. No more re-hashing this from me, since i've said my piece. Scout's honor :)

Ho hum. Same ol' discussion. I have no idea why you all insist on posting to these threads, after the first person states the forum position. :scratch:

Two comments before I lock this one down:

1) I plan to lock all of these threads as soon as I see them. Thanks Nacaa for reporting the thread. Maybe that's what the rest of you might do versus posting... Oh, and you alll know I'm not here 24x7, so you may have to wait a few hours for me to check in.

2) I really don't think any sort of re-dircting sticky will help. I can't believe that any of these 1-off posters reads ANY of our threads before asking for cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High