Item Find Thread 2007 Edition

@TheCowKing - There is no conspiracy, HR's do exist and people do find them. Corr has been running areas that are well known to drop runes for a very long time (since the last MFL iirc).

Most of the posters directly below Corrupted have known each other for a few years, we have built a trust and can acknowledge a great find. That trust is earned, as is respect.

everyone goes through the noob phase as well, a few years ago I didn't believe it was possible to get an armour with 4 sockets. Learn from mistakes and you'll also learn when its sarcasm, and when to actually be suspicious.

speaking of cta, i'm trying to make one soon but its proving quite difficult at the moment, hopefully i'll be ready before the end of the weekend.

If cor is going to gib that Jah to anyone it should be Dash.

Because Dash has a Ber.

And Ber + Jah + Ith (Er... Jah + Ith + Ber, but that's just a technicality) means Dash has enigma. So booyah.

GG Cor.

You haxx0r.

This is possibly the best gloves i've ever gotten...a little resists, IAS, maybe if i had gotten +bow...but who's complaining?

Loath Finger
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 61
Durability: 7 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x24be97b5
+10 to Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +12%
3% Life stolen per hit
3% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Charged Bolt when struck

Oh yeah, I hate to do it, but I'll have to leave 1337 posts :-(

A most magnificent surprise

So soon after the dual Lo's - this game never ceases to amaze me :badteeth:

1/4th BotD gentlemen.

Wow, nice Tal rune!

How many do you have to make 1/4 BoTD? :laugh:

Oh yeah, nice Jah rune. Crazy.

Corr, you're tempting me to actually play the damn game when I want r00nz insead of HF rushing:undecided:

HRs do exist, and are being found. Although the rune drop rate is abysmal, it can be beaten, given the proper time investment. In point of fact, Corrupted hasn't been really lucky with runes, is just catching up a bit, he doesn't even have an enigma :p

D2 requires a LOT of time (multiple years, or one year with a lot (5 hrs/day) of playing) to attain a moderately usefull item base. Be envious, good, it helps you strife for wealth, see if you're still here in 2 years time, and you may have something to show for your self... :)

@TheCowKing - There is no conspiracy, HR's do exist and people do find them. Corr has been running areas that are well known to drop runes for a very long time (since the last MFL iirc).

Most of the posters directly below Corrupted have known each other for a few years, we have built a trust and can acknowledge a great find. That trust is earned, as is respect.

Ack have to start a new post the other's buried there. Yes I completely understand high runes exist, and that it's completely possible to get them, albeit with some luck.

My point being that lately there have been too many cases of same persons having insane streaks of rune luck within very tight time period. There's Psy with his double Chams in two days or something, corrupted with 2x Lo's and a Jah, anyone? Does that not ring a bell? In my head it does. What's even more frightening is that almost everyone seems to have a Cta and Hoto in their back pocket... rerolled.

Mal and Vex runes are like common courtesy, dropping left and right. The worst being persons who openly admit that "truth to be told I haven't played diablo in like three months" (decreasing interest in the game?) but still manage to find that crucial hr in order to make a "refreshing" runeword.

[highlight]@Timinator:[/highlight] Well I don't consider myself a noob just because I don't have a big post count... also I think I *have* the right to be suspiscious... you don't think finding three hr's in 10 something days is not suspiscious? To me that's worse than what the jezz situation was awhile back there, when he found a single jah.

[highlight]@Thyiad:[/highlight] Oho... okey there. Like I said, again, I'm being openly fired upon and left for the crows. Refer to my fallen statement on the previous page. I just state my opinion and already within 5 minutes I'm hostiled to no end and treathened with a ban or something. All right...

But really this is getting out of hand. It's an item find thread. If you wish to continue this then feel free to drop a PM.

You want to make any more statements like that Cow King, I suggest you do it via a Mod.

Congrats Corrupted. It's payday, erh.. month, something, eh? :laugh:

Edit.

The Cow King.

You have every right to be suspicious, and you have the right to air those suspicions.

You also have to understand that ber, jah, cham and even zod runes DO eventually drop. It'd be wrong to just flat out dismiss every runedrop as beeing hacks.

Relax Thyad :) I agree, it is hardly believeable, but these things happen. I've found 2x Sur in 2 weeks, but then again that were the only Surs I've found in 2,5 years of playing this game.

It is all about trust. It seems Corrupted has it.

Kicking him (verbally) makes no sense, if you don't know him. You don't have to trust him, make up your own mind about whom to trust. Please don't make any rash exclamations of hax, better leave that to the people who've wasted their lives over d2, like me :eek:

Oh, and I don't have a CTA. And only 1 HOTO.

Ack have to start a new post the other's buried there. Yes I completely understand high runes exist, and that it's completely possible to get them, albeit with some luck.

My point being that lately there have been too many cases of same persons having insane streaks of rune luck within very tight time period. There's Psy with his double Chams in two days or something, corrupted with 2x Lo's and a Jah, anyone? Does that not ring a bell? In my head it does. What's even more frightening is that almost everyone seems to have a Cta and Hoto in their back pocket... rerolled.

Mal and Vex runes are like common courtesy, dropping left and right. The worst being persons who openly admit that "truth to be told I haven't played diablo in like three months" (decreasing interest in the game?) but still manage to find that crucial hr in order to make a "refreshing" runeword.

@Timinator: Oh I didn't consider myself a noob but oh well... also I think I *have* the right to be suspiscious...

It's okay, nobody is denouncing you. You are still a newcomer at the SPF, and even if you're not a noob to the game, the single player game is much different. Single Player is what shows the real d2 game. The drop rates are made clear (not the numerical probabilities, but the items dropping in practice... theoretical doesn't mean anything after all, and anyone can beat the odds - 1/100000000 is more than 0, after all).

The thing is, there are plenty of people here who have been playing d2 for years, for multiple hours a day. Myself, I play a lot more than most people and I have been playing for years. I also have quite a lot of luck in this game, and therefore I am a lot richer than most members of the forum, though some come close, and a few old-timers who are now gone are still richer than me. Everyone has a right to be suspicious of everyone else. Just as I saw nubikoen post, I'm reminded of when I openly accused him one time. Right now, however, I would believe him if he claimed to find a Cham, or a Zod, because I have seen that he is actually trustworthy. It was jrlafrance who accused me as well, and I wonder if he still thinks so or if he has continued to play long enough to realize that it's not impossible to achieve great goals in this game. I'm sure many others members are suspicious of me, and suspicious of others, and everyone should at least be wary. However, who would dare question some of the other old timers? Strijdje? Who would dream of accusing MattIs or Sincere or Borlag? There are a lot of rich people left today as well.

Corrupted is an example. He has average luck with runes, and has happened to have a good-luck streak. For example, I will openly say that I am suspicious of Psywire - and that is likely because I don't know him well enough to trust him. It's always based on trust around here. Perhaps with time I will no longer have such suspicions. Others have above-average luck, while others, like Marvel, who play for 5+ hours every day for years, do not have the luck. He has his own self-made Enigma but still I consider his rune luck quite below average. Some of the other old-timers would agree. Personally I can't wait to see the day Marvel finds 2 Chams and a Zod in one day. I will believe him if he makes that claim, just as I believe Corrupted when he says he finds a Jah.

@Nepeta - I was happy with Corrs's drops. I think he is legit. Unlike others.

My point is, if Cow King wants to start accusations, they are better directed to a Mod than in this thread. Nor was I enthused with CK using the two items with which I opened this thread as examples of 're-rolled runewords'.

Edit: @ CK. You are being fired upon because you are making accusations without proof. I don't trust certain people here but as I don't have proof, I keep my mouth shut and don't trade/MP with them. Your example was (unintenionally or not) particularly poor and targeted me. That I will not accept. :largeannoyed: And don't tell me to PM you when you make accusations in an open forum. :rolleyes:

It's okay, nobody is denouncing you. You are still a newcomer at the SPF, and even if you're not a noob to the game, the single player game is much different. Single Player is what shows the real d2 game. The drop rates are made clear (not the numerical probabilities, but the items dropping in practice... theoretical doesn't mean anything after all, and anyone can beat the odds - 1/100000000 is more than 0, after all).

The thing is, there are plenty of people here who have been playing d2 for years, for multiple hours a day. Myself, I play a lot more than most people and I have been playing for years. I also have quite a lot of luck in this game, and therefore I am a lot richer than most members of the forum, though some come close, and a few old-timers who are now gone are still richer than me. Everyone has a right to be suspicious of everyone else. Just as I saw nubikoen post, I'm reminded of when I openly accused him one time. Right now, however, I would believe him if he claimed to find a Cham, or a Zod, because I have seen that he is actually trustworthy. It was jrlafrance who accused me as well, and I wonder if he still thinks so or if he has continued to play long enough to realize that it's not impossible to achieve great goals in this game. I'm sure many others members are suspicious of me, and suspicious of others, and everyone should at least be wary. However, who would dare question some of the other old timers? Strijdje? Who would dream of accusing MattIs or Sincere or Borlag? There are a lot of rich people left today as well.

Corrupted is an example. He has average luck with runes, and has happened to have a good-luck streak. For example, I will openly say that I am suspicious of Psywire - and that is likely because I don't know him well enough to trust him. It's always based on trust around here. Perhaps with time I will no longer have such suspicions. Others have above-average luck, while others, like Marvel, who play for 5+ hours every day for years, do not have the luck. He has his own self-made Enigma but still I consider his rune luck quite below average. Some of the other old-timers would agree. Personally I can't wait to see the day Marvel finds 2 Chams and a Zod in one day. I will believe him if he makes that claim, just as I believe Corrupted when he says he finds a Jah.

One of the most well written posts i have ever read.

Congrats on the Jah, Corrupted. I could use some luck. D:

I love these boots, alot better than my former best rare boots in the other IFT.

Plague Spur
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 14
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 26
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x798ce83d
+5 to Dexterity
+20% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +39%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

I FINALLY have my own worthless PB :grin:

Code:
Phase Blade of Self-Repair
One-Hand Damage: 31 to 35
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 54
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x12e269e6
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

And then there's this little charm that's ok:

Code:
Toxic Small Charm of Good Luck
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 55
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x16823989
+100 poison damage over 5 seconds
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

This is actually a decent MAGIC item and I don't think I've ever seen so many mods on a BLUE ITEM:

Code:
Chromatic Sacred Rondache of Blocking
Defense: 138
Chance to Block:  58%
Smite Damage: 35 to 58
Durability: 49 of 68
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 109
Required Level: 52
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xc5cd93eb
+24% Enhanced Damage
+55 to Attack Rating
+10% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +25
15% Faster Block Rate

Congrats on the Jah Corrupted! :thumbsup:

I believe that if you play the game for long enough, you'll eventually get some high runes as well. Who cares if the come at the pace of one a year or 3 in a month after several years of playing.

(Wonder if it's my turn sometime soon. I "just" want an Enigma. :rolleyes: )

@corrupted
congrats on the jah

@aerwynd
if u think the pb of self-repair is worthless,my pb of ages is worse. no readouts, i dropped it straight away after id=P

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High