Is the Andariel bug still present? Are there any changes to it?

rafquad

Feb 17, 2012
Hi! Sorry if this has been discussed, I did use the search bar but didn't get any threads or posts discussing it.

I would like to know if anything changed about the "andariel bug". Is it the same as before, we have to talk to Warriv before leaving and everything else is irrelevant, or is it "always on, regardless of what you do", or something similar?

I ask because I never felt too comfortable with this, and would feel a lot better running Andariel if Blizzard made it permanent regardless of any player action. Otherwise I have to "choose" to click on Warriv or not, and I'm having mixed feelings about that =/

Thanks!

I haven't tested it out myself, but word on the block is that it's the same no matter what now in D2R. I haven't looked at her drop tables or anything since I'm not sure how to do that yet. I went the "bug" route on my one and only character in D2R so far just because I was cruisin through acts. But people have been saying that she doesn't drop gold/potions/trash no matter which way you do it now. Whether or not those drop tables are the same as the d2 legacy andariel tables, I'm not sure, but I believe they're both the same now no matter what.

I feel like it's a mild bug anyways. My question is this - if you were playing through the game normally, what would you do when you reached the end of act 1 and killed andariel? I've never once quit before going through to act 2 and it's not because of the bug, it's just because that's what I naturally want to do. The blessing of detailed technical knowledge and testing shouldn't make you artificially limit yourself. Getting those SOJs is still gonna take you forever.

Reactions: rafquad
D2r Andy bug is permanent. No need to “do it”. Built in. Force of habit and unbelief will force one to do it anyways.

Reactions: rafquad and Sid
I haven't tested it out myself, but word on the block is that it's the same no matter what now in D2R. I haven't looked at her drop tables or anything since I'm not sure how to do that yet. I went the "bug" route on my one and only character in D2R so far just because I was cruisin through acts. But people have been saying that she doesn't drop gold/potions/trash no matter which way you do it now. Whether or not those drop tables are the same as the d2 legacy andariel tables, I'm not sure, but I believe they're both the same now no matter what.

I feel like it's a mild bug anyways. My question is this - if you were playing through the game normally, what would you do when you reached the end of act 1 and killed andariel? I've never once quit before going through to act 2 and it's not because of the bug, it's just because that's what I naturally want to do. The blessing of detailed technical knowledge and testing shouldn't make you artificially limit yourself. Getting those SOJs is still gonna take you forever.
Thanks for your reasoning. It makes a lot of sense and made me feel better about it :)

Also, since both replies said that it is now always on/no need to do anything, I decided to test not talking to Warriv. I did 3 runs before even leaving act 1, and no gold/quivers/potions. Then I went to act II and did about a dozen more. Seems to confirm that we don't need to talk to Warriv, indeed.

Reactions: NorthDakota
I had a Frost Zealot parked in D2L A2 because I forgot to bug Andy.

I pushed him into D2R and did a handful of Andy runs. got a Dimoak's Hew for the mercenary :yawn: but she didn't drop money a single time... If I recall, if she drops gold, she's not "bugged," so the lack of gold drops means, I think, she's now perma-bugged.

It's a non scientific test, but it's a test nonetheless...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High