Is it time for me to HC yet?

You guys should simply build or order PvP characters and join multiplayer for hours of fun playing against other players rather than playing against dumb AI. Tell them Pharphis how awesome PvP is, show them the light!

we_need_you.jpg

How does playing against other players work? Who decides who has to dress up as the monster? Please answer quickly, because I'm involved in an e-bay bidding war for a Rakanishu outfit.

How does playing against other players work? Who decides who has to dress up as the monster? Please answer quickly, because I'm involved in an e-bay bidding war for a Rakanishu outfit.
You compare e-peens and whoever is smaller has to be the monster

I'll throw a purely hypothetical situation at you -

Say you have an HC Meteorb, whom you've guardianed. Say you're running Hell Baal with, oh, say Pyro one night. Burning Souls abound, but for no logical reason you decide you can probably just tank them. You wade through a sea of lightning, managing to swallow a fat purple just in time to save your life. Pyro asks you what the hell you're doing playing like that. A lot of people would take this as a sign that perhaps it would be prudent to listen to reason and slow things down a bit. Fight this urge. You are on literally your last game of the night, when you see more Burning Souls.

There are a couple ways you can go here - you can play it safe and pick them off one by one. You can rely on Pyro for assistance - regardless of what Pharphis, CDM and so, so many others say, he's actually got some skill. Or you can just charge in recklessly, immediately deed, and go start an HC javazon to show to the world that you refuse to learn from your mistakes. This last route is known as the "Noodle Approach", and I recommend it highly.

Half the fun for me is deeding in completely ridiculous ways and laughing at myself. That javazon I started to replace my sorc is now a guardian, by the way, and my next HC char (fana zealot) is currently running NM Andy.

Just my two cents.

I approve of noodle's message.

You should also not tell the other player that you don't have max resistances, or max lightning resistance for that matter until after you have died. That is the most efficient way of playing.

You can't let fear run your life, Play Hardcore.

I guess you have to decide: can you live with a sudden deed and losing all your precious loots? If you can, because the HC mode is an experiment to you, then go ahead. It is fun to play dangeriously.

it is a good time to start playing hc.

hcmp still going on? I just reloaded d2 yesterday. up for a fresh start.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High