Is it possible to save my current mapseed?

Snake

Jan 22, 2004
Is it possible to save my current mapseed?

I was just wandering if it is possible to save my current map seed, because meph is just around the corner. And if I want to go to hell diff, I would lose this map.

Any ideas?

csarmi said:
just copy your map files out

I tried that ones, but it did't work. Are we talking about only the .map file or the .ma0 files too?

Copying the map files does nothing because all they store is how much of the map you've revealed--the actual map seed is only stored in your character file.

I suppose you could read the current map seed from the character file using ATMA and then use the -seedXXX command line to restore it when you needed to, but I'm not sure whether that's considered a hack by the SPF members or not. It strikes ME as being slightly dodgy, but what do I know?

factotum said:
Copying the map files does nothing because all they store is how much of the map you've revealed--the actual map seed is only stored in your character file.

I suppose you could read the current map seed from the character file using ATMA and then use the -seedXXX command line to restore it when you needed to, but I'm not sure whether that's considered a hack by the SPF members or not. It strikes ME as being slightly dodgy, but what do I know?

than it's much easier to save the character (d2s and map files too), and copy it back when you want to meph run again

even much easier is doing nothing
later when you wanna run you go back, reroll the map several times to get a good one and keep doing that than

Ive tried the map seed thing...it doesnt work...I went into properties of my shortcut and put it the "target" line and didnt work...i just wana see what this new hype is about.

I'd call it a hack. If you've got a good meph map and you seriously plan to go to hell, just run meph now! once you gear out your character, move on. you shouldnt have to run NM meph anymore, just stay in hell and hit the ilvl 87 stuff.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High