INTRO THREAD - Bearzin

bearzin

Jan 10, 2024
Hi everyone, i just registered on this forums, been a lurker for a long time until now.
I am a long time Diablo fan and ARPGS are my passion.
I play mostly single player games, since i cant force myself to play with unknown ppl most of the time, bcoz of anxiety issues and such. I have a few thousand hours on SP ARPGS, clocked like 1.5k hours on grim dawn alone since the game was in EA. and i am playing D2R since release.

Welcome bear, your name pays homage to of my favorite assassins as of late

Welcome! I think Ziambe means an assassin build where you use the runeword Beast to transform into a bear. Bear assassin -> Bearsin.

Reactions: bearzin and ziambe
Make sense, didnt knew there was an assassin variant to this build, just a sorceress one.

Welcome Bearzin!

Yes, Beast turns any character into a Bear. There are a few that have done a Bear Sept (one of each class). Paladins are also a popular class for Bears. I did a Paladin bear with 103% PDR.

Reactions: bearzin
Welcome Bearzin.
If you like singleplayer D2(R), this is the place to be. Awesme community and lots of great info on how the game works.

What characters have you played so far, and do you have any favorites?

Reactions: bearzin
I play D2R since release, managed to gear 10 toons so far. Played all classes, but sorcs are just great. Not needing to farm nigmas for them is a nice bonus, cant do more LK runs for the time being, did so many already xD, i am thinking about making a goal list for 2024.

Reactions: ziambe
Welcome Bearzin!

Yes, Beast turns any character into a Bear. There are a few that have done a Bear Sept (one of each class). Paladins are also a popular class for Bears. I did a Paladin bear with 103% PDR.
Sorry for offtopic of the thread starter (best luck to you though and have much fun :) ) I thought that PDR is capped at 50%? Is my information wrong/not actual in older patches or something? Also, if it actually did work 100%, did the 3% extra actually turned into absorb or D2 does not work that way (some games do)?

Welcome Bearzin.

Trouble is that most of the good bear builds were in 1.14d before they “fixed” the attack speed.

Welcome @bearzin , watch your bear shins...

@Ergro
PDR usually refers to integer physical damage reduction (amicae, life everlasting, sol runes and so on) while % damage reduction (Shaftstop, Stormshield, Vampire Gaze and so on) tends to be called DR or %DR. I think LouB just mistyped since over 100 PDR is attainable but over 100% DR is indeed not.

Reactions: Ergro
@Ergro as @Maltatai said there are two types of damage reduction. The %DR is capped at 50%, but the integer type isn't. Check out SSOG's Paladin Abbot build guide for some details.

As SSOG said it is an expensive gear dependent build and no I didn't mistyped the PDR that the Bear had. With my gear choices it was either 97 PDR or 103. Also, remember that while he is immune to physical damage it does nothing to the elemental damage he can receive.

Finally, SSOG talks about carrying an Insight staff and recommends getting over 100 PDR in Hell. The reality is it takes a shield to get PDR over 100.

@Ergro as @Maltatai said there are two types of damage reduction. The %DR is capped at 50%, but the integer type isn't. Check out SSOG's Paladin Abbot build guide for some details.

As SSOG said it is an expensive gear dependent build and no I didn't mistyped the PDR that the Bear had. With my gear choices it was either 97 PDR or 103. Also, remember that while he is immune to physical damage it does nothing to the elemental damage he can receive.

Finally, SSOG talks about carrying an Insight staff and recommends getting over 100 PDR in Hell. The reality is it takes a shield to get PDR over 100.
You did type "103% PDR" which is what confused me.

Though I do appreciate more information, so thanks for that.

I play D2R since release, managed to gear 10 toons so far. Played all classes, but sorcs are just great. Not needing to farm nigmas for them is a nice bonus, cant do more LK runs for the time being, did so many already xD, i am thinking about making a goal list for 2024.
Nice to hear some details. Sorc was my second favorite, after Amazon, since long. I think sorc is a bit easier than the rest, at least as a new player, since she is less reliant on gear imo.

Yes, please do post your goals. It is always interesting to see what others aim for (and seem to enjoy).

%PDR is capped at 50% but you can still overcap it, like any other resistance - in case you get amped or decrep

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High