Independence Daily (US); Simply Sundaily elsewhere

maareek

May 12, 2007
Independence Daily (US); Simply Sundaily elsewhere

Happy Fourth of July to my fellow Americans! To the rest of you: don't mind the hoopla; we don't get to experience big soccer wins so we gotta invent something to celebrate. ;p

RL: Work. I'm not big on holidays, anyway, so it's not a big deal. Plus holiday pay is nice. Other than that, gonna do some checking around to see if I can scout out a really good deal on the video card I'm looking at.

OVG: Playing around with SC2 UMS.

Hope you all enjoy whatever you have planned for today!

Re: Independence Daily (US); Simply Sundaily elsewhere

Happy 4th indeed.

RL: Extended weekend thanks to the holiday. Extra assignments as well, so not really that much extra slacking time. Got a copy of Hocchan's Darling a few days ago, so probably just going to listen to that while working on projects for most of the day. :(

Finished catching up with K-ON!! yesterday, so it's time for something new... except that nothing this summer looks good. Itou Shizuka with two lead roles in absolutely terrible looking shows. Going to try them anyway. It's only 1x hour of my life. :badteeth:

D2: Maybe a few runs to push the telehybrid closer to 94.

OVG: Perhaps, but probably not.

Geez, I haven't been here in a while.

RL: Just sorting out some stuff to do with the move. Should be moved in by the end of the week, hopefully, next week at the latest. Exciting stuff!

D2: Haven't played in probably a month, truth be told, but the itch is starting to build.

IIRC, we have a 4 day weekend this weekend. July 6 is a big holiday over here.

RL: Went to but some foodstuffs. Might go over to a friends house to eat :p

D2: Not. Probably.

OVG: Red Faction 3

RL : I can't believe sooo much of free time now. Have been watching movies from 9 PM yesterday night to 3 PM today.

D2 : Not 2day.

RL: I think we're sitting out festivities this year. My youngest is too young for the crazy heat and the noise. Replacement plans will commence once the wife is awake.

D2: Hopefully a few sittings. Every time I sit I knock out a huge chunk of remaining xp, so the motivation is stronger than it's been in (literally) years.

P.S.: not sure "the day our country came into existence" qualifies for "making up holidays just to celebrate something" ;)

Happy 4th, for sure!

RL: Thanks to Virtue and Thy, I'm watching the Gentleman's Wimbledon Final! Breakfast with Wimbledon on the 4th? Yes, please.

So. Up, coffee, restart the computer, chit-chat with the friendly (if a bit too tightly wound for this place) neighbor about the (failed) gutters and the tendency of the courtyard to flood in heavy (or medium... or rather light) rains (she and her husband are insistent that the landlord(s) need to fix the gutters and clean out the drains and all, and I expect the landlords(s) will tell them to spin, but idk), now drinking coffee and listening to the warmup chit-chat from the BBC team (quite different from my usual Wimbledon experience with the US commentators... and rather pleasant: more content, less snark and appeal-to-empathy/emotion/pity, etc. So nice).

Upcoming: watching the final and coffee and RantBooking; food; nap; shower; call and get directions to my aunt's house; go to aunt's house for 4th dinner (meh); come back, chill with neighbors and/or get my XFiles/RantBooking on. Woo!

D2: Stranger things have happened, somewhere, to someone, at some time, but not here, not me, and not today...

Yes indeed, Happy 4th to all.

RL: Let's see, coffee in hand, wife and kids at church, oh so quiet house. Have my brother coming over later today for a nice bbq. Little fireworks later for the kids. =)

D2: Yeppers. Baal Runs, questing, MFing. As much as I can handle today.

James: Glad you were able to enjoy Wimbledon! I slept through the Gentlemen's Finals but that's fine. Saw the Ladies Doubles and what a shock that was to watch.

RL: Not sure what to do today, it's extremely hot out where I am and there's A/C in my room. Also, with an extremely sore wrist certain activities are out of the question.

D2: The hope is to hit Hell Baal with OMG with our Sin Twins today, and maybe act 2 with my only left hand used (like on my keyboard/touchpad) character.

OVG: Might start KH2 today after beating KH not too long ago, I could play KH:CoM but I hate the style of cards.

Holiday: usual once a day soccer game; we all suck at it but its fun, good exercise.

D2: Gearing up for some CS hell runs with my hammy; my holy bolts not good enough for Baal. :smug: I'm up for anything really. Got my barb to 23-24; finished my sigon's set.

Happy 4th!

RL: Nothing much going on today. Bumming that I have to go back to work tomorrow, while my wife and many friends have the day off!

D2: Played my Necro all the way from Act 5 normal to act 5 NM yesterday. Now it's time to go do NM Baal. Also considering some possible options for eBotD... Pindleskin provided me an eth Ghost Spear about an hour ago! I already had one from pit runs, so I took a gamble and cubed them both. The first came out with ONE socket. :( But the second one... 6os! :)

RL: I've been sick pretty much since Tuesday, so its not a very happy Independence Day for the Urk Man. :thumbsdown: I broke down and bought some Zicam this weekend, but it appears not to be working. I'm starting to fear that the infection is Bacterial rather than Viral. Gogogo gieb Peni/Ampi/Amoxa/whatever-cillin plz.

D2: Moar Pit runs with teh Lite Zon. Findings have been few and far betweeen, but I'm doing it mostly for skill points so its not too big of a deal. Should hit level 89 soon, and still debating on how far to go before I continue questing.

RL: Hot, too damn hot. Also lost 4 straight frames of snooker that I should have won outright, especially after leading 3-1 in the opening. Still, managed to sink every colour from yellow to black to force a draw in the final frame, and after the black got respotted, was damned unlucky not to take it.

D2: Project Twinkerbell is shaping up nicely, but I'm still not sure about viability as of yet.

OVG: Red Dead Redemption - having to play at a friends due to RRoD - is feeling pretty groovy right now, except for the crappy auto aim system, and the fact that you often shoot your horse when trying to hit anything close by (Fifteen horsey executions while riding so far, it hurts when you come off and get mauled by the grizzly you were trying to kill).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High