In case you missed it - PvM Phoenix Striker guide by maxicek and jiansonz

jiansonz

Jun 22, 2003
If you, like myself, rarely visit the class-specific forums, you may have missed this guide that was released a year ago.

maxicek did most of the work and writing but we had plenty of communication and I wrote bits and pieces. We both love the build (you may have noticed how many of them I've gotten killed in various tourneys :badteeth: ) and we thought that there was no guide for the build that was general enough to our liking, or in-depth enough about certain aspects of it.

Last edited:
Hurray! I was about to look through the mat/pat thread for phoenix striker strats again, since that's the character I'll be working on next. I think she's about to start NM, but it's been a while.

Easily some of the most fun I've had on D2. That guide helped me out so much, and my Phoenix Striker is still going strong! Almost done, all I need to do is Act V Hell, though I'll be sad to be done with her.

I'm having trouble finding the fpa for Dragon claw though. Using the german weapon speed calculator is confusing, or just plain wrong for the skill dragon claw, as it reports much faster than 10fpa for the equipment I'm using.

My equipment:
Main Hand-Fool's Blade Talons of Quickness-socketed with a shael (60% WIAS)
Off Hand-Plain Bartucs
65%OIAS

Could you help me in figuring out how much more IAS I need for 10fpa?

Last edited:
Easily some of the most fun I've had on D2. That guide helped me out so much, and my Phoenix Striker is still going strong! Almost done, all I need to do is Act V Hell, though I'll be sad to be done with her.

I'm having trouble finding the fpa for Dragon claw though. Using the german weapon speed calculator is confusing, or just plain wrong for the skill dragon claw, as it reports much faster than 10fpa for the equipment I'm using.

My equipment:
Main Hand-Fool's Blade Talons of Quickness-socketed with a shael (60% WIAS)
Off Hand-Plain Bartucs
65%OIAS

Could you help me in figuring out how much more IAS I need for 10fpa?

With that equipment, Titanseal calc reports 5.5 fpa dragon claw, which sounds about right.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High