IKSC: What to put in the empty socket?

Re: IKSC: What to put in the empty socket?

Are you using Angelics? If not, how about sticking an Ith rune in there? That 15% Damage Taken Goes to Mana will likely help you more than any of the previously stated options, at least in my opinion. Not to mention it's extremely inexpensive. :).

As for the %ED jewel, you're right Stephan in that it doesn't add much damage, but that is true for most things you add to a character. A single Fine charm doesn't add much damage either, but when you add them up, they make a significant difference. You can have enough resists, enough life and so on, but you can never have enough damage. Plain %ED jewels are fairly common, and probably rather cheap to trade for since there aren't many top weapons to put them in anymore with all the Runewords.
You only got one socket

And damage is discrete, not continuous. If you kill a monster in one hit, you are still going to kill it in one hit with the jewel. If you kill it in two hits, most likely you still need two hits with the %ED jewel.

I've never seen 40%ED jewel drop in my D2 career.

For those who are interested in how this finally played out, I poked an Ith rune in the socket. When you're a whirlwinder and you dive headfirst into the mobs, it's hard to argue with 15% of the damage taken going into your mana pool .

What with all those unleachables running around in Hell and the on again/off agin nature of the Insight polearm's aura, I have to look toward keeping the blue bulb full.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High