Ignore list of gamespammers

Crowd Control

Banned
Mar 7, 2007
Ignore list of gamespammers

So I was thinking, we all are extremely annoyed by those spammer. Filling your screen with utter crap we all hate to the bone. Now I have tried to ignore some and for some reason it doesn't always work, probably because they cut connection (time out). But it might work at the right times. Especially if you can hotkey the commandline while he is spamming, by pressing up.

Is this an idea, or is there no way to ignore them? They do seem to have some 'invisibiliy' function, but is this always the case?

And if this works, I need approval of the Mods to maintain this blacklist.

Re: Ignore list of gamespammers

I doubt a blacklist would work...they just make a new account right?

Maintaining a blacklist, on spammers.....?
Yo CC, you know I'm your homeboy, but I think that this might be even worst of an idea than the frequently suggested scammers list. Due simply to the fact that these item shop spamming people create accounts quicker than I have bowel movements after a quick visit to Taco Bell.
The best thing is to just ignore them, press "n" when you're in-game, keep your head down, and just power on.

Yeah, the n-trick is godly here. But still, if this works it's awesome. The botters wouldn't know and yes eventually they would start making new ones, but I have seen quite alot of the same ones entering lately.

I'm still not sure if the ignore command works though. But as a blacklist it would be just awesome to look at. Copy-paste, print, wipe your *** with it, spit on it, set it on fire.

That will teach them.

Squelch has never worked for me against them folks.

Luckily, it works against you, mwaha...haha..MWAHAHA

KT

p.s - I love the button n.

I was just trying to ignore them while they entered my rush game....it doesn't work. :/

I guess this has been noticed before, but it is SOOO strange they 'aren't even there' when they spam you.

Huh, squelch works for me. If I squelch them, it works even though it displays that error thingy.

Squelch as in the button? Because I noticed that works. But the command doesn't, iirc.

Huh, squelch works for me. If I squelch them, it works even though it displays that error thingy.

Yo nicro we need another player for mafia get your butt into the signup thread up there.

You can usually tell when the dawghomes enters your game due to the extremely inventive account and character names of 034rfu3w08fj0 and ur043u0e0 respectively. I can usually throw up a squelch on time to not hear any of their crap.

"N" key for me.

However, the spammers do keep semi-full games quite active, thus allowing us MF'ers better drops (atleast they seem better during full games).

P :coffee:

I'd rather have a looksee what I am actually killing than getting my screen half filled for 5 seconds with crap. Surely we must have some awesome hacker amongst us that could totally hack each of these sites down?

you know at least you guys knew about the godly "n" key for a while... try not knowing about it for about a month of playing and having to deal with a full screen of crap.... not cool...

Month?
Bruslice, try not knowing about it for years until one day I stumbled upon the magical mysteries and wonders.
Of course, back then there really was not that much use for it, since bot spamming only came about several years ago. It was mostly for the cool kids who would spam "TP" and "PP".

NAHM SAYN BRASKILLET?!?

lol... well those years that there was no use for it was probably the years i took off D2.. i have not played d2 in like 3 years or something at least last one i played on was 1.10
:-O...

Thats crazy... i have never seen a bot above lvl6... but wow 80+..:surprise2:

When I did baalruns for a week, I've seen the same char coming into almost every baalrun, a lvl86 paladin.

Most chars were lvl1 though, so level requirement would solve the majority of the problems.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone ever look at those sites, are there any people actually THAT stupid/cheesy?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High